5307 replies to this topic

#3761 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
  • 230 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Soooo sweet!!!! Congratulations!!! Please share more when you get them :)

#3762 Megan Cornwell

Megan Cornwell
  • 11 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hello Brides! I've been using this thread for a few months now and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone's advice and tips. It has helped out so much! I'm traveling to Now Jade this April with my wedding date on 4/19. So I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with :)

First, I have about 20-25 guest coming and I am set to have my ceremony on the pergola and the reception in the bamboo room. I'm just concerned that the Bamboo room will be too big for the number of guests I have... I don't want it to feel empty with everyone in there! Anybody who was been there have a suggestion on this location or another room?

Also, I am wanting to get an excursion together for our guests. We would really like to do a catamaran and snorkeling excursion. Anyone have a suggestion on local companies that they like to use for excursions?

Thank you ladies!

#3763 emb0017

emb0017
  • 14 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 13, 2015
  • LocationPA

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Has anyone found ways to cut costs? WE somehow had 90 people RSVP!!!

#3764 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Has anyone found ways to cut costs? WE somehow had 90 people RSVP!!!

Wow! You are in the same boat as I am!! We are going to be around 85 adults and 20 kids! I am also trying to cut costs some place but I still want to have my dream wedding!! Any ideas people have would be awesome!!

I am also trying to get all my posts so I can actually see everything on here, it is taking so long!

#3765 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Past Brides....

Can someone tell me if the serving plates for the reception dinner are round, square or ??

Thanks

#3766 Marta30

Marta30
    • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

From Pilar regarding vendor fees if anyone is interested. 

The outside vendor fee is $350, ( florist,  band,  decoration company, live music) but this doesn't apply to photographers as they are not categorized as vendors. Your photographer(s) will be required to pay a $65 per person for a wedding day pass. We request  the name and time that  the couple  come to the resort

Hello Brides! I've been using this thread for a few months now and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone's advice and tips. It has helped out so much! I'm traveling to Now Jade this April with my wedding date on 4/19. So I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with :)

First, I have about 20-25 guest coming and I am set to have my ceremony on the pergola and the reception in the bamboo room. I'm just concerned that the Bamboo room will be too big for the number of guests I have... I don't want it to feel empty with everyone in there! Anybody who was been there have a suggestion on this location or another room?

Also, I am wanting to get an excursion together for our guests. We would really like to do a catamaran and snorkeling excursion. Anyone have a suggestion on local companies that they like to use for excursions?

Thank you ladies!

Megan-

We are also doing the Pergola and Bamboo room and think we will have 25 people. I am also curious to see what everyones thoughts are.

We are also thinking of doing a Catamaran. I read somewhere that it cost about 1000-1200 for 30 people. If you find anything out, I would love to know more.

Thanks!

Marta

#3767 ironman

ironman
      • 320 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Past Brides....

Can someone tell me if the serving plates for the reception dinner are round, square or ??

Thanks

Ours were round. One of our guests sent me this photo of what the settings looked like:

Attached Files

#3768 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
        • 210 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Ours were round. One of our guests sent me this photo of what the settings looked like:

Thank you so much! Looks really great.

#3769 A7Xtrish

A7Xtrish
          • 163 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 23, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya
          • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone know if there are any cool bars at the resort for after the wedding and dinner? I'm thinking we will have ~20 guests, which may not be enough to enjoy a typical dance/DJ. Looking for a good place to take the guests the night of the wedding for some dancing and good music.  

the moments bar is great, it overlooks the beach so you get the whole beachy vibe. The bartenders are also pretty nice and will let you play your Ipod if you ask. Def the best spot there. We stayed at the jade last fall and are getting married there in sept. Thank god ive been there, makes planning that much easier!

trishhh. <3 Now Jade, 09.23.2014

#3770 A7Xtrish

A7Xtrish
          • 163 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 23, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya
          • LocationLong Island

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

the moments bar is great, it overlooks the beach so you get the whole beachy vibe. The bartenders are also pretty nice and will let you play your Ipod if you ask. Def the best spot there. We stayed at the jade last fall and are getting married there in sept. Thank god ive been there, makes planning that much easier!

MIX bar*** I lied lol

trishhh. <3 Now Jade, 09.23.2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users