Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#3701 AdamShannon

AdamShannon
  • Site Supporter
  • 48 posts

    Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amarie4713 

    @AdamShannon that is good to know. I think we're going to bring down our own chair sashes, possible a few table runners and minimal decoration. We'll also be flying with our 18 month old though, so depending on how full luggage starts to get we might have to readjust!

    We'll only have 25 at the most and I'm just concerned it will look empty if we don't do something a little extra. I go back and forth. I haven't been in touch with anyone from the resort though so I'm not 100% sure what the rooms look like or their sizes.

    I'd suggest that you start contacting the resort sooner than later.  The contact will be sparse when you are that far away from the date but I feel its very important/helpful.  As the date gets closer, the contact get more and more frequent.  The wedding planners are so helpful and on top of things but the more you can figure out ahead of time the better off you will be.  We had everything completely taken care of with them ahead of time so there were no surprises when we got there and met with them.  The only things we had to choose then were the food choices for dinner at Capers and the exact flower and bow colors.  Since we contacted the wedding planners ahead of time, we also were able to ask for our invoice a bit before to ensure the cost were what we expected.



    #3702 ironman

    ironman
    • Jr. Member
    • 320 posts

      Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by amarie4713 

      @AdamShannon that is good to know. I think we're going to bring down our own chair sashes, possible a few table runners and minimal decoration. We'll also be flying with our 18 month old though, so depending on how full luggage starts to get we might have to readjust!

      We'll only have 25 at the most and I'm just concerned it will look empty if we don't do something a little extra. I go back and forth. I haven't been in touch with anyone from the resort though so I'm not 100% sure what the rooms look like or their sizes.

      Someone shared this .pdf awhile back that I think is really useful. It's a good compilation of all the different dinner options including several photos of each.

       

       

       

      This are also two great documents for those of you who are considering or booked at the pergola.

       

       

       

       

       

      After our wedding I'm probably going to start deleting a bunch of this stuff off this computer, so I thought I'd post it.



      #3703 chi city

      chi city
      • Newbie
      • 27 posts

        Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ironman 
         

        Someone shared this .pdf awhile back that I think is really useful. It's a good compilation of all the different dinner options including several photos of each.

         

         

         

        This are also two great documents for those of you who are considering or booked at the pergola.

         

         

         

         

         

        After our wedding I'm probably going to start deleting a bunch of this stuff off this computer, so I thought I'd post it.

        I'm not able to open the attachments.. any chance you can email those out to me please? vkharina@hotmail.com

        Thanks in advance!



        #3704 amarie4713

        amarie4713
        • Jr. Member
        • 324 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

        Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

        I can't access them yet either. I can't wait until I can get to my 150 posts so I can just open whatever I want!!


        Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

        Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447


        #3705 amarie4713

        amarie4713
        • Jr. Member
        • 324 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

        Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AdamShannon 
         

        I'd suggest that you start contacting the resort sooner than later.  The contact will be sparse when you are that far away from the date but I feel its very important/helpful.  As the date gets closer, the contact get more and more frequent.  The wedding planners are so helpful and on top of things but the more you can figure out ahead of time the better off you will be.  We had everything completely taken care of with them ahead of time so there were no surprises when we got there and met with them.  The only things we had to choose then were the food choices for dinner at Capers and the exact flower and bow colors.  Since we contacted the wedding planners ahead of time, we also were able to ask for our invoice a bit before to ensure the cost were what we expected.

        I think I might go ahead and send them an email today. Just to touch base. I don't have any really specific questions yet. But even when I booked my date I went through my travel agent, so we have had zero contact.


        Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

        Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447


        #3706 EmmA1025

        EmmA1025
        • Newbie
        • 133 posts

          Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ironman 
           

          Someone shared this .pdf awhile back that I think is really useful. It's a good compilation of all the different dinner options including several photos of each.

           

           

           

          This are also two great documents for those of you who are considering or booked at the pergola.

           

           

           

           

           

          After our wedding I'm probably going to start deleting a bunch of this stuff off this computer, so I thought I'd post it.

          Hi ironman,

           I can not view these pdfs for some reason?!  If you dont mind, Can you email them to me? emmaraykhlin@yahoo.com  Thanks!

           And OMG your date is like soooo close when are you leaving? Can you tell me what type of things your bringing with you and how many guests you are having? GOOD LUCK!



          #3707 ironman

          ironman
          • Jr. Member
          • 320 posts

            Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by EmmA1025 
             

            Hi ironman,

             I can not view these pdfs for some reason?!  If you dont mind, Can you email them to me? emmaraykhlin@yahoo.com  Thanks!

             And OMG your date is like soooo close when are you leaving? Can you tell me what type of things your bringing with you and how many guests you are having? GOOD LUCK!

            It is very close, we leave next week!

             

            We have 39 adults 4 kids and 1 infant attending the wedding. We just received the invoice from the resort and I posted the breakdown of our expenses a page or two ago.

             

            For decorations we have chair bows & table runners, paper lanterns and LED lights, centrepieces, table numbers, items for a photo display, place cards and maracas. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll try and post a "planning thread" with the info of everything we've done once we get back.



            #3708 Jennifer146

            Jennifer146
            • Newbie
            • 37 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade, Mayan Riveria
            • LocationCanada

            Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

            Hi ironman,  I can not view these pdfs for some reason?!  If you dont mind, Can you email them to me? emmaraykhlin@yahoo.com  Thanks!  And OMG your date is like soooo close when are you leaving? Can you tell me what type of things your bringing with you and how many guests you are having? GOOD LUCK!

            [@]ironman[/@] I'm not able to open PDF either. I'd love to have an email sent also :) jennpurdy30@hotmail.com Thank you !!

            #3709 missdeeya

            missdeeya
            • Newbie
            • 77 posts

              Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ironman 
               

              It is very close, we leave next week!

               

              We have 39 adults 4 kids and 1 infant attending the wedding. We just received the invoice from the resort and I posted the breakdown of our expenses a page or two ago.

               

              For decorations we have chair bows & table runners, paper lanterns and LED lights, centrepieces, table numbers, items for a photo display, place cards and maracas. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll try and post a "planning thread" with the info of everything we've done once we get back.

              may i ask what you are bringing for centrepieces? this has been a concern of mine! thanks!



              #3710 missdeeya

              missdeeya
              • Newbie
              • 77 posts

                Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

                wow this looks so weird now! but kinda cool.....

                Anyways, I found out yesterday we have 70 people booked. :huh: so panicing a little bit now, money wise!!! AHHH






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users