Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#3461 ironman

ironman
  • Jr. Member
  • 320 posts

    Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ironman 
     

    I just saw a photo on Instagram that Now Jade posted of their "bridal suite" for getting ready. Has anyone used this or know how much it costs? I'm curious what the room has in it, or if it comes with anything.

     

    I send NJ a message on Facebook, since they're quicker to reply than the wedding coordinators, but haven't heard back yet.

    I think they made a mistake - it might be Now Sapphire instead. I'll let you know if I do hear back though!



    #3462 meggyducks

    meggyducks
    • Newbie
    • 32 posts

      Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ironman 
       

      I'd recommend picking up the phone and calling them. You'll get an instant response, it will be worth the cost of the long distance call!

      Thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I think I had better! :BangHead:  ;)



      #3463 remykion

      remykion
      • Newbie
      • 124 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now jade
      • LocationMexico

      Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

      Im not sure what to make of the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the not so nice "Vibe" from the staff at the Now Jade.  I know I should not take much notice but my guests and I are paying alot of money to holiday/get married here the last thing we want is battles with the staff.

       

      Surely they can't be as bad as the reviews make out but I dont understand why people would make such negative remarks without reason.  Maybe these people have nothing better to do than moan and critisise the smallest of things. :-(

       

      I would be very interested to hear from any brides that have got married there recently because the reviews say that this Vibes was never the case a couple of years ago and that it is only within the last year or so??

       

      on the plus side there are LOTS of positive reviews but these odd few do niggle away at me!!!  Actually the thing that scares me most is coming face to face with this time share people from the trip advisor comments they sound like BIG scary, aggresive monsters.......I think i will need to toughen up in the next week because I dont like saying NO to people, on the other hand my Fiance will have no problems at all in saying NO!

       

      1 week Saturday and we will be there :-)

       

      Any comments, words of wisdom, advice, reassurance would be gratefully received lol xxxxxx



      #3464 LaurenMoser2B

      LaurenMoser2B
      • Newbie
      • 84 posts

        Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by remykion 
         

        Im not sure what to make of the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the not so nice "Vibe" from the staff at the Now Jade.  I know I should not take much notice but my guests and I are paying alot of money to holiday/get married here the last thing we want is battles with the staff.

         

        Surely they can't be as bad as the reviews make out but I dont understand why people would make such negative remarks without reason.  Maybe these people have nothing better to do than moan and critisise the smallest of things. :-(

         

        I would be very interested to hear from any brides that have got married there recently because the reviews say that this Vibes was never the case a couple of years ago and that it is only within the last year or so??

         

        on the plus side there are LOTS of positive reviews but these odd few do niggle away at me!!!  Actually the thing that scares me most is coming face to face with this time share people from the trip advisor comments they sound like BIG scary, aggresive monsters.......I think i will need to toughen up in the next week because I dont like saying NO to people, on the other hand my Fiance will have no problems at all in saying NO!

         

        1 week Saturday and we will be there :-)

         

        Any comments, words of wisdom, advice, reassurance would be gratefully received lol xxxxxx

        Hi,

        I got married at Now Jade last Friday and was there from the previous Monday until Sunday. The staff were wonderful! Each one of them were very eager to get us drinks and accomadate our every need. I called to have our room cleaned early on the day of the wedding so the pictures would be nice and they sent someone in 5 minutes. I also ordered champagne and a fruit and cheese tray to snack on with my bridesmaids before the ceremony and they said they don't usually do that but it was in the room when I got back from the Spa. I just have to assume the bad reviewers on tripadvisor are just miserable. We had an excellent time and everyone there works so hard to make sure you have a good stay. As for the timeshare people- we werent approached by them. We went to ask about our free coupons through our booking and they asked us to come to a presentation. We said no thank you, she said no problem and that was it. Hope this helps! Have fun!

         

        Lauren



        #3465 AnaSteele58

        AnaSteele58
        • Jr. Member
        • 381 posts

          Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

          Im not sure what to make of the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the not so nice "Vibe" from the staff at the Now Jade.  I know I should not take much notice but my guests and I are paying alot of money to holiday/get married here the last thing we want is battles with the staff. Surely they can't be as bad as the reviews make out but I dont understand why people would make such negative remarks without reason.  Maybe these people have nothing better to do than moan and critisise the smallest of things. :-( I would be very interested to hear from any brides that have got married there recently because the reviews say that this Vibes was never the case a couple of years ago and that it is only within the last year or so?? on the plus side there are LOTS of positive reviews but these odd few do niggle away at me!!!  Actually the thing that scares me most is coming face to face with this time share people from the trip advisor comments they sound like BIG scary, aggresive monsters.......I think i will need to toughen up in the next week because I dont like saying NO to people, on the other hand my Fiance will have no problems at all in saying NO! 1 week Saturday and we will be there :-) Any comments, words of wisdom, advice, reassurance would be gratefully received lol xxxxxx

          I've never been to Now Jade but I've been to four other AMResorts. Based my experiences, timeshares are discussed during the presentations you have to sit through if you can your $200 in coupons. Lauren (Congrats by the way!) mentioned this in the above post. Some resorts gave us the coupons anyway...some didn't. I'm not sure what the official policy on this is. To cut down on drama, I have warned my guests that the $200 worth of coupons MAYBE tied to a presentation or two. That way they don't feel duped. Hope that helps!

          #3466 remykion

          remykion
          • Newbie
          • 124 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now jade
          • LocationMexico

          Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B 
           

          Hi,

          I got married at Now Jade last Friday and was there from the previous Monday until Sunday. The staff were wonderful! Each one of them were very eager to get us drinks and accomadate our every need. I called to have our room cleaned early on the day of the wedding so the pictures would be nice and they sent someone in 5 minutes. I also ordered champagne and a fruit and cheese tray to snack on with my bridesmaids before the ceremony and they said they don't usually do that but it was in the room when I got back from the Spa. I just have to assume the bad reviewers on tripadvisor are just miserable. We had an excellent time and everyone there works so hard to make sure you have a good stay. As for the timeshare people- we werent approached by them. We went to ask about our free coupons through our booking and they asked us to come to a presentation. We said no thank you, she said no problem and that was it. Hope this helps! Have fun!

           

          Lauren

          Congratulations Lauren!! and thank you for your reply I certainly feel alittle more at ease now.  To be fair most of the reviews can't praise the Now Jade enough but you cant help feel unsettled when you read a few negative ones but like you say they must be miserable.

           

          Did you have the Devine Package Lauren? if so what menu did you choose?

          Did you have your hair and make up at the spa?

           

          Sorry for al the questions.....getting nervous/excited now! leaving on Saturday 26th Oct and marrying on 1st Nov :-)

           

          xxxxx



          #3467 remykion

          remykion
          • Newbie
          • 124 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now jade
          • LocationMexico

          Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 


          I've never been to Now Jade but I've been to four other AMResorts. Based my experiences, timeshares are discussed during the presentations you have to sit through if you can your $200 in coupons. Lauren (Congrats by the way!) mentioned this in the above post. Some resorts gave us the coupons anyway...some didn't. I'm not sure what the official policy on this is.

          To cut down on drama, I have warned my guests that the $200 worth of coupons MAYBE tied to a presentation or two. That way they don't feel duped.

          Hope that helps!

          Thank you AnaSteele,

           

          I too will pre warn my guests that any vouchers maybe linked to presentations.

           

          When do you get married Ana?

           

          xxxx



          #3468 AnaSteele58

          AnaSteele58
          • Jr. Member
          • 381 posts

            Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

            Thank you AnaSteele, I too will pre warn my guests that any vouchers maybe linked to presentations. When do you get married Ana? xxxx

            No problem! May 5, 2015 is our day. I wish it was 2014 but we decided to take advantage of a deal on a new home. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

            #3469 remykion

            remykion
            • Newbie
            • 124 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now jade
            • LocationMexico

            Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 


            No problem! May 5, 2015 is our day. I wish it was 2014 but we decided to take advantage of a deal on a new home.

            Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

            it will fly by......this last year for us has come around so fast!

             

            exciting times a NEW home....congratulations!!



            #3470 remykion

            remykion
            • Newbie
            • 124 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now jade
            • LocationMexico

            Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

            Hi

             

            Just wondering if anyone paid their wedding balance with travellers cheques and if Now Jade are ok with paying this way?

             

            xx






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users