Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2801 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
  • Member
  • 599 posts

    Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

    Originally Posted by annettea1021 

    Hi Ladies,

     

    So I am very excited. I‘m still a year away but I put my deposit with the photographers yesterday and am now in the middle of placing my deposit for Hair and Make-Up for myself and my bridal party. I know with the Divine Package I get hair and make-up included but im thinking I’ll use it the day of my TTD… and just bring extra makeup and hair supplies to touch myself up. (I hope that works!)

     

    I have a question thought… is anyone aware of how much cash we are allowed to bring to Mexico. I know a lot of vendors and even Pilar accept cash or prefer cash. So I just want to make sure there isn’t a limit or me and fianc©e will dividing cash with some our bridal party. I don’t want to get stopped for any reasons in the airport.

     

    -Annette

     

     

    Annette:

     

    That is really exciting!  It looks like you can bring in 10,000 USD without declaring it, but still wouldn't have to pay taxes:

    http://yucalandia.co...ng in duty free

     

    My concern would be making sure that you're not a target of a crime or vulnerable to being pickpocketed, etc.  I usually carry some amount of USD ($100-$200) some currency of the place I'm in if I have it, and use my debit card to extract more funds when needed.  Even though my bank charges me, those exchange rates are usually quite favorable.



    #2802 ironman

    ironman
    • Jr. Member
    • 320 posts

      Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

      Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

       

      This is good to know. I would really hate for any of my family or friends to have a bad experience because of this. So there are only 4 buildings, which means there's probably a decent chance that the resort will place my guests there.  Hmm..

      I think there's actually 8 buildings, 4 non-preferred and 4 preferred. It might be possible to request for your guests to not be placed in those buildings where there's been reports of a smell? I plan on doing this once we have our final guest #'s. The NJ facebook page gives an email address for the concierge that you can contact with such requests.



      #2803 brownsugarbride

      brownsugarbride
      • Member
      • 599 posts

        Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

        Originally Posted by ironman 

        I think there's actually 8 buildings, 4 non-preferred and 4 preferred. It might be possible to request for your guests to not be placed in those buildings where there's been reports of a smell? I plan on doing this once we have our final guest #'s. The NJ facebook page gives an email address for the concierge that you can contact with such requests.

         

        This is such great information to have!  Have you or any of the other upcoming brides been on a site visit yet?  My travel agent was saying that NOW Jade is one of the handful of resorts in RM that she felt comfortable recommending without a site visit. 



        #2804 annettea1021

        annettea1021
        • Newbie
        • 86 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

        Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

        Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

        I think it is something like $10,000.  Are you bringing in an outside photographer and makeup/hair person or using the resort?

         

        oh ok thanks!

         

        And I have several bad reviews about the on-site photographers, so I decided to just hire an outside vendor and pay either the fee or a room for them. Photography is really important to me so I would much rather do that, I went with TakeitFoto, their prices are very reasonable.  And now I am currently emailing back and forth with MVP Hair and Make-up (outside vendor). My bridesmaids really wanted to have someone do their hair and make-up, so I did a little research and read wonderful reviews on here about them, so decided to go with them.



        #2805 annettea1021

        annettea1021
        • Newbie
        • 86 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

        Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

        Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

         

         

        Annette:

         

        That is really exciting!  It looks like you can bring in 10,000 USD without declaring it, but still wouldn't have to pay taxes:

        http://yucalandia.co...ng in duty free

         

        My concern would be making sure that you're not a target of a crime or vulnerable to being pickpocketed, etc.  I usually carry some amount of USD ($100-$200) some currency of the place I'm in if I have it, and use my debit card to extract more funds when needed.  Even though my bank charges me, those exchange rates are usually quite favorable.

         

        Thank you! & Yes i agree! I will be bringing some cash but hope the majority of my vendor payments I can just make using my debit card. I believe the international fee is about $10.  But thats a good idea- maybe I will do the same. Thanks again! 



        #2806 brownsugarbride

        brownsugarbride
        • Member
        • 599 posts

          Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

          Originally Posted by annettea1021 

           

          oh ok thanks!

           

          And I have several bad reviews about the on-site photographers, so I decided to just hire an outside vendor and pay either the fee or a room for them. Photography is really important to me so I would much rather do that, I went with TakeitFoto, their prices are very reasonable.  And now I am currently emailing back and forth with MVP Hair and Make-up (outside vendor). My bridesmaids really wanted to have someone do their hair and make-up, so I did a little research and read wonderful reviews on here about them, so decided to go with them.


          Every single wedding planner that I've talked to that does destination weddings STRONGLY suggests bringing your photographer with you. One said that every bride she's had that has gone with the resort photographer has been disappointed.  Now, I've seen a few brides on here that were very happy with their resort photographer. However, if photography is important to you, I think you're really buying some peace of mind by flying in your photographer. Hopefully I can convince FH to fly in the photographers that I want! LOL



          #2807 ironman

          ironman
          • Jr. Member
          • 320 posts

            Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

            Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

             

            This is such great information to have!  Have you or any of the other upcoming brides been on a site visit yet?  My travel agent was saying that NOW Jade is one of the handful of resorts in RM that she felt comfortable recommending without a site visit. 

            That's great to hear your agent recommended it so highly! The TA we're using actually got married at NJ herself, so we thought that spoke volumes. She didn't try and sway us in any way though, we told her what we wanted and she recommended about 3 different resorts to get quotes from.

             

            We have not been to NJ and are not planning on doing a site visit, but there are brides on here who are. We'd love to, but we just moved across the country and started new jobs, and just don't have the banked vacation time (or $$) for a visit.



            #2808 ironman

            ironman
            • Jr. Member
            • 320 posts

              Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

              Originally Posted by Dbrowndiva 

              December 15 th bride ...

              Woohoo! See you there that week! 



              #2809 EmmA1025

              EmmA1025
              • Newbie
              • 133 posts

                Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

                This is good to know. I would really hate for any of my family or friends to have a bad experience because of this. So there are only 4 buildings, which means there's probably a decent chance that the resort will place my guests there.  Hmm..

                No there's actually 9 buildings I believe but 5-9 are the preferred side. You can definitely ask them to have your guests in a specific building or just stay away from the ones I mentioned but pilar told me its based upon availability .

                #2810 leka4581

                leka4581
                • Site Supporter
                • 20 posts

                  Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

                  Hi, I've been reading this thread for some time, but don't usually post. I'm getting married on 09/21/13 which is just 4 mo. away! I feel organized until I read what everyone else is doing on this thread! Do I need to book hair/makeup/spa 4 months out or am I ok to wait a month or so? Also, I've emailed pilar 3 times to ask to reserve the DJ... I guess a call is in order? PS - any other sept 2013 brides out there? Are they 'light' that month due to heat? Or hurricane season?




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users