• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2791 EJay2013

EJay2013
  • Site Supporter
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by bellabeu04 

Getting married June 27th, 2013... Any other BDW brides?

Getting married the following weekend July 6th! Congrats

#2792 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by EmmA1025 

Hey ladies!

I just returned from my site visit at now jade. We were there from the 8th -12th and everything was really nice! There were weddings every day and on sat. there were two! We met with pilar who is really really great! She is very organized and had all my information all ready. She is very busy and works all day long. We went over all my questions and i looked at tons of pictures and she also gave a price quote for everything i wanted so far. I first planned on having my reception in the terrace but after seeing some weddings there it does seem a bit tight for dancing so am thinking about switching it to the bamboo room which is also lovely.  The only problems... we were first put in building 2, for some reason in buildings 1 and 2 there is a sewage smell. :( We asking to be moved because of this and they quickly did so. There is also construction going on next door. Hopefully by next year it will be finished.. Any questions Ill be happy to answer :)

NOW Jade is one of my top choices thus far, but the sewage smell really worries me. Is this localized to a couple of buildings?  Does the smell bleed over to any of the reception sites?

#2793 ironman

ironman
      • 320 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

NOW Jade is one of my top choices thus far, but the sewage smell really worries me. Is this localized to a couple of buildings?  Does the smell bleed over to any of the reception sites?

Hi there. From what I've heard if there's any smell it seems to be around the backside of buildings 1 and 2, if it's there at all. I haven't heard anything of it being anywhere near any of the ceremony, cocktail or reception locations. I'm not that worried about it, to be honest.

#2794 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
        • 210 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Great pics... Can't wait to see more!!! Congratz!!  :o)

Originally Posted by Susannah 

These are just a few photos that I took myself when we were at Now Jade for our Wedding on May 6th.. I have not yet received our wedding photos from our photographer. Just thought some of you might like to see some photos of the area :)

#2795 Dbrowndiva

Dbrowndiva
          • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

December 15 th bride ...

#2796 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
            • 210 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dbrowndiva 

December 15 th bride ...

Congratz!! Super exciting!!!

#2797 EmmA1025

EmmA1025
              • 133 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hi! We were out in building 2 and it stinks over there. I would say building 1, 2 and 3 to stay away from if you can. It's not Terrible but you can definitely smell it there and it only smells over there I didn't notice it anywhere else . Before we even unpacked I called the front desk and we were quickly moved to building 4 and it was fine. This was my only concern really since our guests will be spending a lot of money to go there I want them to have the best experience. When I had my meeting with pilar we brought this up but she said its based on availability and there's no real way to guarantee which building people get put into. She said they can request a building and they'll try to accommodate but again, based upon availability .

#2798 annettea1021

annettea1021
                • 86 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Hi Ladies,

So I am very excited. I‘m still a year away but I put my deposit with the photographers yesterday and am now in the middle of placing my deposit for Hair and Make-Up for myself and my bridal party. I know with the Divine Package I get hair and make-up included but im thinking I’ll use it the day of my TTD… and just bring extra makeup and hair supplies to touch myself up. (I hope that works!)

I have a question thought… is anyone aware of how much cash we are allowed to bring to Mexico. I know a lot of vendors and even Pilar accept cash or prefer cash. So I just want to make sure there isn’t a limit or me and fianc©e will dividing cash with some our bridal party. I don’t want to get stopped for any reasons in the airport.

-Annette

#2799 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
                • 599 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by EmmA1025 

Hi!
                  We were out in building 2 and it stinks over there. I would say building 1, 2 and 3 to stay away from if you can. It's not Terrible but you can definitely smell it there and it only smells over there I didn't notice it anywhere else . Before we even unpacked I called the front desk and we were quickly moved to building 4 and it was fine. This was my only concern really since our guests will be spending a lot of money to go there I want them to have the best experience.
                  When I had my meeting with pilar we brought this up but she said its based on availability and there's no real way to guarantee which building people get put into. She said they can request a building and they'll try to accommodate but again, based upon availability .

This is good to know. I would really hate for any of my family or friends to have a bad experience because of this. So there are only 4 buildings, which means there's probably a decent chance that the resort will place my guests there.  Hmm..

#2800 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
                  • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by annettea1021 

Hi Ladies,

So I am very excited. I‘m still a year away but I put my deposit with the photographers yesterday and am now in the middle of placing my deposit for Hair and Make-Up for myself and my bridal party. I know with the Divine Package I get hair and make-up included but im thinking I’ll use it the day of my TTD… and just bring extra makeup and hair supplies to touch myself up. (I hope that works!)

I have a question thought… is anyone aware of how much cash we are allowed to bring to Mexico. I know a lot of vendors and even Pilar accept cash or prefer cash. So I just want to make sure there isn’t a limit or me and fianc©e will dividing cash with some our bridal party. I don’t want to get stopped for any reasons in the airport.

-Annette

I think it is something like $10,000.  Are you bringing in an outside photographer and makeup/hair person or using the resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users