OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#241 ashleyblayne

ashleyblayne
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks Uhaft!!!

It is so nice being able to ask past brides what they did.  I would be lost without this site!!!  :)

#242 uhaft

uhaft
    • 102 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

No problem! I was in your place before!

#243 kitkat863

kitkat863
      • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by uhaft 

Hello Ladies!

I was originally have problems as well trying to pick songs for each part of the wedding so I know how frustrating it may seem! Here is a list of the songs I chose.  I put them on my ipod and handed it over the the wedding coordinator the day of the wedding and she takes care of changing the songs for you.  They have their own microphone and speakers set up as well. Usually guests start seating no more than 30 minutes in advance.  So I picked out 5 songs to play. I hope this helps!

Prelude

Because you loved me-celine dion
        Amazed-lonestar
        Everything I Do, I Do It For You- Bryan Adams
        The way I am-Ingrid Michaelson
        You and I-Michael Bubble

Processional
        Can you feel the love tonight-elton john

Bride entrance

marry me-train

Recessional

I Do- 98 degrees

During the reception I picked the 3 main dances and let the dj take care of the rest! He plays songs based on the type of crowed you have.  He did a great job!

First Dance

Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

Father-Daughter Dance

you raise me up- josh groban

Mother-Son Dance

A Mother's Love by Jim Brickman

You had some great song choices!! :)

#244 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hey Kitkat & Uhaft,

Did either of you use the resort videographer?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#245 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
        • 683 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Does anyone have a copy of what exactly is said during the ceremony?

Also, for those that did a symbolic ceremony, were  you able to sign something to make it look more 'real'?

#246 kitkat863

kitkat863
        • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Also, for those that did a symbolic ceremony, were  you able to sign something to make it look more 'real'?

I do not have a copy of what exactly was said but I gave them wording that I wanted for the ring warming ceremony, our vows, and exchange of the rings.

We had a symbolic ceremony (everyone there thought it was the real deal and I made sure that Pilar knew that) and we did sign a paper so evreyone thought that we were signing the marriage certificate. No one questioned it or asked to see it; thank god!!

To answer your question, we did use the resort videographer only because it was included in the package. I wouldn't have booked one so I didn't really expect much with it. I got it in the mail a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. It was basically a little from before the ceremony, the whole ceremony (which is nice for people who weren't there) and a little of us while taking pics on the beach and cocktail hour. If it is something that is really important to you, you might want to book an outside vendor, if not I would think that the resort videographer should be okay.

#247 uhaft

uhaft
          • 102 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I had brought my own photographer but decided to stick with the videographer from the resort.  I think they did a pretty good job.  Ours was 35 minutes long.  It was nice watching the whole ceremony as a spectator for once! It brings back nice memories!

Here is a link the our wedding video:

https://www.dropbox....i & William.mp4

#248 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I do not have a copy of what exactly was said but I gave them wording that I wanted for the ring warming ceremony, our vows, and exchange of the rings.

We had a symbolic ceremony (everyone there thought it was the real deal and I made sure that Pilar knew that) and we did sign a paper so evreyone thought that we were signing the marriage certificate. No one questioned it or asked to see it; thank god!!

To answer your question, we did use the resort videographer only because it was included in the package. I wouldn't have booked one so I didn't really expect much with it. I got it in the mail a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. It was basically a little from before the ceremony, the whole ceremony (which is nice for people who weren't there) and a little of us while taking pics on the beach and cocktail hour. If it is something that is really important to you, you might want to book an outside vendor, if not I would think that the resort videographer should be okay.

Great! I'll make sure to tell Pilar I need it to look real! 

A video is important to me just so I can show people that won't be able to make it. Mainly my grandmother. But I just watched Uhaft's video and it's actually just what I want. The videos that make it look like a movie are great but not sure I can afford what they charge. I think i'll stick with the resort videographer.

Thanks!

#249 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I had brought my own photographer but decided to stick with the videographer from the resort.  I think they did a pretty good job.  Ours was 35 minutes long.  It was nice watching the whole ceremony as a spectator for once! It brings back nice memories!

You looked beautiful! Loved your dress & your hair! Thank you so much for posting the link. I think I will just use the resort videographer. Thanks for all your help. I'm sure i'll come up with more questions sooner or later!

#250 kitkat863

kitkat863
            • 243 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

You looked so beautiful!! Isn't it fun to watch the ceremony and relive it again since it goes by so fast?!?! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users