Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2391 kmlane13

kmlane13
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

My travel agent said the only problem and this may sound silly with bringing decor through cutoms that they had were items that were labeled 'Made in China' etc...I guess they had 1 bride try and ship her items and the package was detained because of those type of labels.  That is the only issue I've heard of at this point. Good Luck!! :)

#2392 kmlane13

kmlane13
    • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

Anyone else having issues with 'Reply to this thread' button? Apparently mine isn't working correctly.  I even switched browsers to see if that was the issue. I apologize for my random responses that aren't associated to any threads, you ladies must think i'm nuts!

#2393 kmlane13

kmlane13
      • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

You ladies (and men) are fantastic!  I am a Now Sapphire bride, but since the NS and NJ are sister resorts I thought it would be helpful to read this thread too.  I read the entire thread and it took MANY days!  You folks are so active on this thread it is amazing.  Much better than the Now Sapphire thread ;)  You have all given me a lot to think about.

Anyway, I have a question for any brides that used the free transfers to the resort provided in the Divine wedding package.  Did anyone use this service?  How was it?  Was there someone there waiting for you as soon as you exited the airport (Cancun airport can be pretty hectic)?  Did you have to wait?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Also, does anyone have experience bringing candles through customs?  Does the resort allow you to put real candles on the tables?  (lit or unlit... I just want them as a splash of colour).

Thanks so much!

Dina

My travel agent said the only problem and this may sound silly with bringing decor through customs that they had were items that were labeled 'Made in China' etc...I guess they had 1 bride try and ship her items and the package was detained because of those type of labels.  That is the only issue I've heard of at this point. Good Luck!! :)

#2394 kmlane13

kmlane13
        • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by kmlane13 

Anyone else having issues with 'Reply to this thread' button? Apparently mine isn't working correctly.  I even switched browsers to see if that was the issue. I apologize for my random responses that aren't associated to any threads, you ladies must think i'm nuts!

I'm slow...got it now! :)

#2395 Susannah

Susannah
          • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Ohhhh, getting excited now :) We leave 2 weeks tomorrow from Ireland, for our wedding in 3 weeks :)) Yay!!

#2396 annettea1021

annettea1021
            • 86 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Susannah 

Ohhhh, getting excited now :) We leave 2 weeks tomorrow from Ireland, for our wedding in 3 weeks :)) Yay!!

thats so exciting!! CONGRATS & good luck!! I cant wait to see your updates when you get back!!! :)

#2397 annettea1021

annettea1021
            • 86 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ladies... I just saw the deposit for NOW Jade hit my account because I had an issue with my bank approving the amount since it was from Mexico (they thought it could possibly be fraud) so I approved it last week. But the amount coming out is $510 when I only appoved $500. I know $10 is not a big deal but I'm still concerned with why they changed the amount... Did this happen to anyone else? Could it possibly be international taxes?

I will be emailing Carmen (who is the person who contacted me from NOW Jade to tell me to speak with the Bank to make sure the debit processed) but I know she may take long to respond, so i would appreciate any feed back from you ladies. Thanks!

Annette

#2398 ironman

ironman
            • 320 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Does anyone else read Trip Advisor reviews and freak out a little? I know we obviously all want for our guests to have a relaxing, wonderful vacation, but some of the recent posts on there make me nervous (like about NJ being overbooked, and them sending guests to stay at other associated properties instead, as well as a ton of issues with other things). Ahhhh

#2399 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I cringe every time I see a 1 or star posting on trip advisor.  I try to read these with a grain of salt, but when there's consistency in the types of complaints being written, I become very worried, but also happy that we will only be there for 4 nights.

Per a conversation with my TA regarding the over booking issue, she did confirm that it happens (and not just at Now Jade) and can be an issue but only for those who book independently through sites like hotels.com, orbitz.com etc. since the reservations are being made at that instant, but there is a delay in reconciling these reservations directly with the resorts.  This is the benefit of having a room block or booking directly with a resort since it's truly the only 100% guaranteed reservation.  It would be nice if they notified prior to arrival, but they don’t for whatever reason.

#2400 Retro Couple

Retro Couple
                • Site Supporter
                • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I'm watching!! How fun! The music they're playing in the background prior to the start of your ceremony (not music there) is pretty cheesy (i.e. "Going to the chapel, gonna get married seems to be on a steady repeat), but the video quality is pretty good!  Yeah we chose the Going to the Chapel song but we had some of our wedding party disappear last minute (why the hell would they do that?!) so they just kept looping it instead of stopping and waiting until we were ready. It was really frustrating and annoying because I'm such a perfectionist, but I guess these things happen. Congratulations!!! You must be over the moon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users