Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2371 berniebags

berniebags
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Our wedding is one week away!!!! I can't believe how fast that year came and went. I along with our 125 guests are beyond excited at this point!!!

#2372 annettea1021

annettea1021
    • 86 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Retro Couple 

Met with Pilar today and she was very pleasant - Note: her office has been moved from the front lobby to next to the photography services on the main level of the spa building (sports bar upstairs).

Pilar was very visual, she took notes and drew up ideas on how we wanted our tables to look like which was nice.

No services were exchangeable (ie. photography for videography). Pilar said that this was due to them bring different companies, but was willing to credit us $150 for the photographer as we had hired our own. Prices were non negotiable, but she did forget to charge us for some of our services such as one of our Canopys (we wanted two) and she didn't charge us for one ($200) or to add flowers to them (unknown price). We also decided to reign in our budget and went with the Now toEternity and just pay for the Divine food upgrade, however she forgot to charge us for that as well ($240). We also were going to buy some cheap glass candle holders from the Cancun Walmart, however Pilar added 16 glass candle holders with candles free of charge. I don't know what our total savings would have been based on forgotten costs but I guesstimate around $500 - $600.

Just out of curiosity I asked how many Emails Pilar gets per day and she said around 150 - 200 each day, double that on Mondays as she is busy with weddings all weekend. I asked her how many days off she has had in the last 3 months and she said only 3! She said that if she takes a day off it doesn't matter anyway because when she comes back she has twice as much work to do, so if you are not getting responses right away it's not that she's ignoring you, she's simply swamped with workload (she even has 3 assistants).

As for the night life at the resort I can't say what it's like as we have been so wrapped up in final planning and running around that we've been ultra lame and in bed before 11:00 pm each night so far.

Chris

Wow!! thats great that you were able to atleast save some money even though you couldnt swap services. Thank you for the awesome update! Well good luck and cant wait to read your review!!

#2373 KJRAZZLE

KJRAZZLE
    • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Met with Pilar today and she was very pleasant - Note: her office has been moved from the front lobby to next to the photography services on the main level of the spa building (sports bar upstairs).

Pilar was very visual, she took notes and drew up ideas on how we wanted our tables to look like which was nice.

No services were exchangeable (ie. photography for videography). Pilar said that this was due to them bring different companies, but was willing to credit us $150 for the photographer as we had hired our own. Prices were non negotiable, but she did forget to charge us for some of our services such as one of our Canopys (we wanted two) and she didn't charge us for one ($200) or to add flowers to them (unknown price). We also decided to reign in our budget and went with the Now toEternity and just pay for the Divine food upgrade, however she forgot to charge us for that as well ($240). We also were going to buy some cheap glass candle holders from the Cancun Walmart, however Pilar added 16 glass candle holders with candles free of charge. I don't know what our total savings would have been based on forgotten costs but I guesstimate around $500 - $600.

Just out of curiosity I asked how many Emails Pilar gets per day and she said around 150 - 200 each day, double that on Mondays as she is busy with weddings all weekend. I asked her how many days off she has had in the last 3 months and she said only 3! She said that if she takes a day off it doesn't matter anyway because when she comes back she has twice as much work to do, so if you are not getting responses right away it's not that she's ignoring you, she's simply swamped with workload (she even has 3 assistants).

As for the night life at the resort I can't say what it's like as we have been so wrapped up in final planning and running around that we've been ultra lame and in bed before 11:00 pm each night so far.

Chris

Congrats on the big day tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how everything went :)

#2374 remykion

remykion
      • 124 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now jade
      • LocationMexico

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Chris

Congratulations! Good Luck :-)

#2375 Michellelepore1

Michellelepore1
      • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hi Ladies,

I can't seem to find out how long in inches the rectangular tables are. Does anyone know? I am trying to buy the linens and the runner for the tables.

THANKS!

#2376 Michellelepore1

Michellelepore1
        • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 

Hi Ladies,

I can't seem to find out how long in inches the rectangular tables are. Does anyone know? I am trying to buy the linens and the runner for the tables.

THANKS!

Also, How many people can comfortably sit at each the rectangular table?

#2377 khunt29

khunt29
          • 351 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

THANKS!

Hey Michelle,

Check out the images in this thread, I think I posted them a while back. I can't remember now offhand, but the pic has the measurements on it :)

#2378 khunt29

khunt29
            • 351 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

THANKS!

Hey Michelle,

Check out the images in this thread, I think I posted them a while back. I can't remember now offhand, but the pic has the measurements on it :)

8 feet!

#2379 kmlane13

kmlane13
              • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Congrats on your wedding!! Good Luck tomorrow!! :)

#2380 soon2beMrsR

soon2beMrsR
                • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hey quick question... Just wondering if anyone knows if kids are allowed in the preferred club rooms? I know they aren't allowed in the preferred club pool but wasn't sure about the rooms... We are travelling with our 2.5 year old and I just thought about it today and whether they would still upgrade us...

Back to Riviera Maya and Cancun Accommodations & Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users