Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2311 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
  • Jr. Member
  • 230 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Carolzinha18 

The flower pics are great! I will contact them as well!! Thank you for your help!

PS: So, the resorts do not charge any fee or penalty for bringing outside flowers?

Thank You!!

 

From what I have read from other brides on this forum, you will only be charged a vendor fee if you have the florist come on to the resort and do the set up of your flowers..therefore, if you have someone meet the florist just outside the resort, and bring the flowers in yourself, then you wont be charged a fee.

 

I'm still waiting to here whether YOU then set the flowers on the tables, or if you give them to the planner and they do it?! 



#2312 KJRAZZLE

KJRAZZLE
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts

    Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

    Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

     

    From what I have read from other brides on this forum, you will only be charged a vendor fee if you have the florist come on to the resort and do the set up of your flowers..therefore, if you have someone meet the florist just outside the resort, and bring the flowers in yourself, then you wont be charged a fee.

     

    I'm still waiting to here whether YOU then set the flowers on the tables, or if you give them to the planner and they do it?! 

    Once you get the flowers from the florist outside the resort or in the lobby, how do you get them set-up? Are you supposed to take them to the wedding coordinator, how does it work? What do you tell the coordinator when you're meeting with them to go over the wedding day set-up?



    #2313 soon2beMrsR

    soon2beMrsR
    • Newbie
    • 9 posts

      Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

      Originally Posted by EmmA1025 

      also, will anyone be getting married mid may 2014? my wedding is may 16th 2014. woohooo! Ill also be doing my site visit in about 5 weeks! cant wait!!! ill be at now jade may8th-may12th so i will be looking out for any brideS!

       

      I will be there .... Getting married May 8th 2013!



      #2314 1dutchie

      1dutchie
      • Newbie
      • 82 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Beach
      • LocationNow Jade Riviera

      Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

      Originally Posted by khunt29 

      Check out what came today, Anthony is gonna be so excited LOL

       

       

      They are very pretty! I must ask where you found these.. I have been researching and hoping to find a seller that will make Ottawa Sens ones.


      ~46 Guest Booked~ plus Bride, Groom & our 2 boys!

       


      #2315 1dutchie

      1dutchie
      • Newbie
      • 82 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Beach
      • LocationNow Jade Riviera

      Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

      Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

      I am getting very excited! I can't believe it's almost here! I made a basic seating chart using Wedding Wire just so I know which guest will be at which table number so I can make the escort cards and it's mostly complete. I'm just waiting on our exact head count to finish it completely. I'll also bring Pilar a list of how many of each entree at each table number. Our reception is in Castaways and I have no idea how the room set up so I just made a basic seating chart to give to Pilar and she can just put the tables where ever. I do plan on having a guest book table and a table for our escort cards. I haven't had much contact with Pilar in this past year so I'll just figure all that out when we get down there. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Everyone's reviews say they are awesome pulling it all together once you get down there so that's what I'm hoping! Our ceremony is at the Pergola and Cocktails at the Mix Bar. Right now we have about 60 people booked and expecting 7-10 more to book within the next few weeks... I'm hoping that will be it! We are already wayyy over what we originally expected! 

      Hi Shannon,

       

      I was curious to know whether you are using round tables for the Castaway restaurant? We are having the reception there also and I am wondering how many guests will sit comfortable at 1 table. We are planning on having a sweet heart table and giving our wedding party the chance to sit with their significant others. I think I read somewhere on here that a round sits 6-8 comfortably but I can't remember. Thanks for your time and all the best for your big day! Can't wait to see pics and read the review!


      ~46 Guest Booked~ plus Bride, Groom & our 2 boys!

       


      #2316 1dutchie

      1dutchie
      • Newbie
      • 82 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Beach
      • LocationNow Jade Riviera

      Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

      I purchased chair sashes and table runners. They are made of organza and because they are folded over in the packaging they are going to have creases in them once they are taken out. Does anyone know whether the staff at Now Jade will steam the sashes or take out the creases before decorating?

       

      Also I am confused in terms of chairs.. We have chosen the Eternity Package. During the reception I understand we pay an additional cost for any additional guests in addition to 25. Do we need to pay extra to have extra chairs set up also?

       

      During the beach ceremony we have more then 25 guests also. What chairs do we get? Do we have a choice? Do they automatically come with the white covers? Does it cost extra? I know that the staff will decorate the chairs with the sashes we are bringing. Will these chairs be transferred to the Castaway Restaurant (reception) after the ceremony?

       

      Thanks!!


      ~46 Guest Booked~ plus Bride, Groom & our 2 boys!

       


      #2317 Susannah

      Susannah
      • Newbie
      • 58 posts

        Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

        Originally Posted by Mlite83 


        Yes wine (by the glass) is included - All Inclusive means all meals, snacks and drinks (alcoholic and non) are included. 

        Haha, I sound like such a wino :))) I just remember reading somewhere else that someone bought wine, was just curious. I do like an odd glass of red. Thank you Mlite83 for letting me know ;)



        #2318 shannonmarie

        shannonmarie
        • Member
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

        Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

        Originally Posted by 1dutchie 

        Hi Shannon,

         

        I was curious to know whether you are using round tables for the Castaway restaurant? We are having the reception there also and I am wondering how many guests will sit comfortable at 1 table. We are planning on having a sweet heart table and giving our wedding party the chance to sit with their significant others. I think I read somewhere on here that a round sits 6-8 comfortably but I can't remember. Thanks for your time and all the best for your big day! Can't wait to see pics and read the review!

        We are using round tables and a sweetheart table. As of right now we are expecting 69 guest and using about 8 round tables. I also read 6-8 people but will have 8 people at the majority and right now 2 with 9 people . It's just how it worked out. I really really hope they aren't too cramped!

         

        I'll be sure to share pics and a review when we return! 


        62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


        #2319 shannonmarie

        shannonmarie
        • Member
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

        Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

        Originally Posted by 1dutchie 

        I purchased chair sashes and table runners. They are made of organza and because they are folded over in the packaging they are going to have creases in them once they are taken out. Does anyone know whether the staff at Now Jade will steam the sashes or take out the creases before decorating?

         

        Also I am confused in terms of chairs.. We have chosen the Eternity Package. During the reception I understand we pay an additional cost for any additional guests in addition to 25. Do we need to pay extra to have extra chairs set up also?

         

        During the beach ceremony we have more then 25 guests also. What chairs do we get? Do we have a choice? Do they automatically come with the white covers? Does it cost extra? I know that the staff will decorate the chairs with the sashes we are bringing. Will these chairs be transferred to the Castaway Restaurant (reception) after the ceremony?

         

        Thanks!!

        I will also be purchasing chair sashes with in the next couple weeks. As soon as I get my final headcount. I'm leaning towards organza as well. I think I read somewhere that they will iron them and tie them with a $40 set up fee. I think it is also $40 to transfer the chairs for the reception. 

         

        I asked this question about paying extra for chairs over 25 people and someone said you did not have to.

         

        The chairs included in the package are the white covered chairs. Anything else is extra. There is a pdf that I believe IronMan posted a few pages ago with all that information on it. I think it's about $10 per chair to use the other chairs. 


        62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


        #2320 1dutchie

        1dutchie
        • Newbie
        • 82 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Beach
        • LocationNow Jade Riviera

        Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

        Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

        We are using round tables and a sweetheart table. As of right now we are expecting 69 guest and using about 8 round tables. I also read 6-8 people but will have 8 people at the majority and right now 2 with 9 people . It's just how it worked out. I really really hope they aren't too cramped!

         

        I'll be sure to share pics and a review when we return! 

        Wonderful thank you for clarifying that :)

        Do you think Pilar/the staff at Now Jade is flexible in terms of how many people you would prefer to have sit at each table? Or does it have to be 8? I think 10 would probably be cramped but 9 should be fine.

        Are you having to pay extra for the additional guest dining at the reception in terms of chairs? What chairs are you using at Castaways?

        Thanks again :)


        ~46 Guest Booked~ plus Bride, Groom & our 2 boys!

         





        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users