OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by hortonk View Post

That is such a great tip thank you so much! Please keep me posted as to what you find out. Also, someone one has said that the flowers on the pergola are included in the Divine Package, that is awesome!!! I am SOOO stuck on the center peices....I really dont want to spend an arm and a leg on them but i also dont want to be bringing EVERYTHING down with me....Any center peice tips and advise would be so appreciated!!

Centerpieces are giving me a HEADACHE!! It is utterly ridiculous how much they charge! We have at least 8 round tables and for the cheapest centerpieces ($65) we are looking at over $500 before taxes just for centerpieces! It's insane!!! I refuse to drag down suitcases full of vases, etc so we are just going to have to suck it up and pay for them. I could actually care less about centerpieces. I've been to dozens of weddings and can't even remember what their centerpieces were, but i suppose we have to have something on the tables. A suggestion would be to use your bridesmaids bouquets if you can. I would def go that route but I only have 1 maid of honor and 8 tables so that won't quite work!

Originally Posted by hortonk View Post

Thats too bad, I was really hoping that we could swap and exchange things as well! Do you think for larger groups fhat they will be more accomodating to negotiate things? I read somewhere (cant remember where) that someone swaped out the live music included with the Divine package for the dj....? Do people usually negotiate down there or prior to departure?

Unfortunately, I don't think they will negotiate things just for a larger group.. We have 68 and so far, no luck. I honestly believe that the more guest you have, the less money it should be!! We are bringing the resort thousands of dollars by having so many guest! The cost for the extra guest is sooo expensive! 

I've honestly only emailed Pilar a handful of times. I try not to bother her. We paid our deposit in January 2012 and I've only emailed her maybe 4 times. I'll just talk with her when we arrive.

She does allow you to swap out the live music for 2 hours of DJ time. Each additional hour is $350. We are extending our reception so we will have a total of 4 hours so we will be paying for 2 additional hours of DJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

Centerpieces are giving me a HEADACHE!! It is utterly ridiculous how much they charge! We have at least 8 round tables and for the cheapest centerpieces ($65) we are looking at over $500 before taxes just for centerpieces! It's insane!!! I refuse to drag down suitcases full of vases, etc so we are just going to have to suck it up and pay for them. I could actually care less about centerpieces. I've been to dozens of weddings and can't even remember what their centerpieces were, but i suppose we have to have something on the tables. A suggestion would be to use your bridesmaids bouquets if you can. I would def go that route but I only have 1 maid of honor and 8 tables so that won't quite work!

that is such a great idea, i never even thought to use my bridesmaids flowers for the center peices!! Im on the same page as you though, I honestly cannot justify spending that much money on something people arent even going to remember probably but at the same time i do not want to be hauling down vases etc. How many people are in your wedding? I havent started looking at my seating plan, so i dont know how many round tables I am going to need as of yet. Does anyone know if they can do a head table of 12 in the bamboo room? I dont like the idea of the "sweetheart" table, i want all of our wedding party at the table with us!

Unfortunately, I don't think they will negotiate things just for a larger group.. We have 68 and so far, no luck. I honestly believe that the more guest you have, the less money it should be!! We are bringing the resort thousands of dollars by having so many guest! The cost for the extra guest is sooo expensive! 

I've honestly only emailed Pilar a handful of times. I try not to bother her. We paid our deposit in January 2012 and I've only emailed her maybe 4 times. I'll just talk with her when we arrive.

She does allow you to swap out the live music for 2 hours of DJ time. Each additional hour is $350. We are extending our reception so we will have a total of 4 hours so we will be paying for 2 additional hours of DJ.

I agree, they milk destination weddings. Like why do I have to pay $7 for a different chair?!?! that boggles my mind as it is the exact same set up is it not?! gr some things just annoy me that they charge so much for but i guess you really dont have an option- if you want these things you just have to suck it up and pay for it. wow the dj per hour is quite expensive as well holly! Are you going to just make your own play list and have it playing for the ceremony?

Our wedding isn't until June, but I've made a very detailed budget spreadsheet. We are expecting 65 guest and right now, this is just my estimate, including tax.... For the Divine Package, with all the add-ons, such as centerpieces through the resort, a DJ, extra food for reception, an hour extension for reception, extra photography time, I am estimating $9,500. Again, this is only my estimate. It def could be more or less once we actually get to the resort & talk to Pilar. Who knows what it will really be! It's more than we expected but still cheaper than a wedding at home...destination weddings aren't as cheap as people think! All the extra prices for everything are ridiculous! But I've come to terms with it, & I'm tired of complaining about it! Lol, I guess it is what it is :-) I'll be happy to share what our actually price is when we return...

Oh, and the price above does not include our travel for a week. Travel was about $1,400 per person.

hi shannonmarie

when you estimated 9500$ is this including an outside photographer or your using the resorts? Also was that including extra centerpeices? Im just tryin to figure out myself how much things should end up since im trying to stay within a budget also.. thanks! 

Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

hi shannonmarie

when you estimated 9500$ is this including an outside photographer or your using the resorts? Also was that including extra centerpeices? Im just tryin to figure out myself how much things should end up since im trying to stay within a budget also.. thanks! 

I have the same questions! I would really love to see your pricing sheet when you get back!!

Thanks ladies! & yes i think you're all right... I will just call today and confirm the date. She emailed me back and said May 31st is 100% available so I'm going to just book that date! Fingers crossed!!! Thanks again for the input... it makes me feel better to know that some brides are going or/and have gone thru the same problems!! but i shall keep everyone updated!!! :)

Originally Posted by aarosenthall View Post

Well my bags are packed and I'm ready to go!!!! And when i say bags, i mean 9!!! That will be a fun travel day for sure, especially travelling with a 3.5 year old. Wish me luck for sure! We leave Sunday to arrive for our wedding on April 12th!!! We will be there from the 8th-18th so if anyone has any questions for me, feel free to drop me a note and I will do my best to get you answers. And it appears that I will be seeing a few of you down there, I will be wedding stalking for sure!

i will be sure to write a detailed review- and a huge thanks to everyone on this site- I know I couldn't have done it without you all!

allison and kent

omgosh I'm so excited for you!!l GOOD LUCK!! & I cant wait to read your review with EVERYTHING!!! I guess the only things I am curious about is your interaction with Pilar once you get there and the overall resort feel.

Okay guys, i'm freaking out a little bit....   I just signed a room contract with my TA(last week), and nowhere on the form did it say that Now Jade doesn't allow 4 adults per room, I can't even find it on their website.  Now I have guests trying to book a room (two adults and their adult children), and I am being told that this isn't possible.

Is this true? Is their a way around it? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing this, I feel like looking into a new resort while I still have time. Any information would be so helpful, thanks.

Beth