Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2081 Kal520

Kal520
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

how much are bridesmaids bouquets? 60 sticks out in my mind for some reason...I'm freaking out about the cost of all this stupid stuff. I was going to just suck it up pay the resort price for flowers to make it easy but now I'm wondering if I should just go through someone and meet them at the front, at least for bouquets, I need 4 and then my own. Going to get my own at a store and putting them together is not happening for sure so that's out. What is everyone else doing and who are you using if you're having them brought in? I wonder if she would make them 30 each if they were half the size of normal, would that look stupid?

#2082 KJRAZZLE

KJRAZZLE
    • 48 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Do you think or know if the cocktail hour be credited towards a welcome cocktail hour on the night guests arrive instead?

#2083 khunt29

khunt29
      • 351 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

how much are bridesmaids bouquets? 60 sticks out in my mind for some reason...I'm freaking out about the cost of all this stupid stuff. I was going to just suck it up pay the resort price for flowers to make it easy but now I'm wondering if I should just go through someone and meet them at the front, at least for bouquets, I need 4 and then my own. Going to get my own at a store and putting them together is not happening for sure so that's out. What is everyone else doing and who are you using if you're having them brought in? I wonder if she would make them 30 each if they were half the size of normal, would that look stupid?

They're $65 each, I'm pretty sure. I haven't even figured out what to do about that....I have 7 (!!!) bridesmaids- 3 of them being siblings LOL, so multiply $65 x 7= not happening!

im trying to convince the girls to walk down the aisle with a paper parasol, but they're not into that haha! I don't know WHAT to do.  I wonder what the size is of them to begin with...?

i got mini bouquets from Michaels and champagne ribbon for the flower girls, but the bridesmaids are a different story....ugh so much money!!

#2084 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
        • 381 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

They're $65 each, I'm pretty sure. I haven't even figured out what to do about that....I have 7 (!!!) bridesmaids- 3 of them being siblings LOL, so multiply $65 x 7= not happening! im trying to convince the girls to walk down the aisle with a paper parasol, but they're not into that haha! I don't know WHAT to do.  I wonder what the size is of them to begin with...? i got mini bouquets from Michaels and champagne ribbon for the flower girls, but the bridesmaids are a different story....ugh so much money!!

What about "real touch" flowers? I've been reading about them lately on here. Research them...maybe that could be an alternative.

#2085 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
          • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

We have looked at Floreira Riviera.  They have a facebook page.  For my bridesmaid bouquets, they are charging $35 for roses and lilies in blue and ivory.  It is a $15 delivery charge and I will meet outside.  They are great about responding to emails pretty quickly.

#2086 jend

jend
            • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

They're $65 each, I'm pretty sure. I haven't even figured out what to do about that....I have 7 (!!!) bridesmaids- 3 of them being siblings LOL, so multiply $65 x 7= not happening!

im trying to convince the girls to walk down the aisle with a paper parasol, but they're not into that haha! I don't know WHAT to do.  I wonder what the size is of them to begin with...?

i got mini bouquets from Michaels and champagne ribbon for the flower girls, but the bridesmaids are a different story....ugh so much money!!

Good idea, my sister did parasols and they were cost effective and looked really pretty in her photos!

#2087 Retro Couple

Retro Couple
              • Site Supporter
              • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1dutchie 

Thank you for clarifying that! We were thinking of having our legal ceremony done close to our actual ceremony/destination wedding beforehand. We are having the ceremony on January 16th. But, considering it is so close to Christmas and we will be busy getting ready for our wedding I am thinking after might be better.

I have been thinking about it a lot and I feel as though it would feel more official if we were to do our legal ceremony/ "paperwork" after getting back to Canada.

My fiance and I looked into getting married officially in Mexico but we found it was too much of a hassle. You have to have all your documents transcribed from English to Spanish, and then from Spanish back to English and it was like $80 per page or something ridiculous. Plus the blood tests, and you have to be in Mexico for 4 days, and upon return to Canada you have to send out all your paperwork and wait on your marriage license - we just wanted it over and done with so we could concentrate on our actual wedding in Mexico. :)

We estimate we saved about $500 by just simply going to a justice of the peace here and we spent $100 to be legally married. It took a whole 5 minutes. I highly recommend it, but I can understand that some couples want their "I do's" to be a one time thing.

Chris

#2088 Kal520

Kal520
                • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

We have looked at Floreira Riviera.  They have a facebook page.  For my bridesmaid bouquets, they are charging $35 for roses and lilies in blue and ivory.  It is a $15 delivery charge and I will meet outside.  They are great about responding to emails pretty quickly.

perfect thanks, I might email them about bridesmaids bouquets

#2089 1dutchie

1dutchie
                  • 82 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Beach
                  • LocationNow Jade Riviera

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso 

I know Im so confused with everything, it seems everyone gets a different answer for everything ! I know I am NOT paying extra for cake, hordorves or champagne toast. It's a waste of money if you ask me 

Agreed! I am not having extra wedding cake either. I would like to have everyone have the opportunity to do a champagne toast at the ceremony and I feel it should be included for all our guests.. I am also considering skipping dessert options during dinner.. We aren't dessert folks and I feel the wedding cake is just fine. I wonder if the desserts at the end of the meal could be substituted for something... We are going with the Eternity package which will keep the costs down a little also.. I knew there would be some add ons and additional meals and with the tax and tip it's $60 per person for dinner.. So that adds up quick!

~46 Guest Booked~ plus Bride, Groom & our 2 boys!

#2090 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                  • 683 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 1dutchie 

Agreed! I am not having extra wedding cake either. I would like to have everyone have the opportunity to do a champagne toast at the ceremony and I feel it should be included for all our guests.. I am also considering skipping dessert options during dinner.. We aren't dessert folks and I feel the wedding cake is just fine. I wonder if the desserts at the end of the meal could be substituted for something... We are going with the Eternity package which will keep the costs down a little also.. I knew there would be some add ons and additional meals and with the tax and tip it's $60 per person for dinner.. So that adds up quick!

Pilar is allowing me to switch the dessert for 2 more h'odourves at cocktail hour.

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users