OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#191 kitkat863

kitkat863
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but is anybody planning on having a rehersal dinner/welcome dinner or cocktails? I suppose it would be more of a welcome dinner than rehersal dinner as I would like to invite all of my guest, not only the wedding party (which is only like 6 people!). I'd hate to have a dinner and not include everyone that is traveling to be there. It won't be anymore than 50 people. How much would it be to have a private dinner? Could we just meet at one of the resturants at a certain time and just sit in our own area? I assume a private dinner would be pretty expensive? I was thinking I could just put a schedule of events in our welcome letter telling people to meet at maybe the lobby bar for cocktails, then go to a restaurant for dinner but would this accomadate up to 50 people? What are your thoughts?

I would talk to Pilar about this because most of the restaurants are small so you might have to do the dinner in the buffet due to the size of your group. Unless you did dinner in the one of the restaurants that would be closed during the night you will have your dinner. Not sure of the price for something like that though. Sorry I'm not much help haha!

#192 Jenvinet

Jenvinet
    • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Did anyone ave their reception on the Terrance? How did that go? Did you have to bring your own music?

#193 KerriCornell

KerriCornell
      • 45 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but is anybody planning on having a rehersal dinner/welcome dinner or cocktails? I suppose it would be more of a welcome dinner than rehersal dinner as I would like to invite all of my guest, not only the wedding party (which is only like 6 people!). I'd hate to have a dinner and not include everyone that is traveling to be there. It won't be anymore than 50 people. How much would it be to have a private dinner? Could we just meet at one of the resturants at a certain time and just sit in our own area? I assume a private dinner would be pretty expensive? I was thinking I could just put a schedule of events in our welcome letter telling people to meet at maybe the lobby bar for cocktails, then go to a restaurant for dinner but would this accomadate up to 50 people? What are your thoughts?

It is free if you chose the buffet.  If you want one of the other restaurants, the info says around $20 a person after the first 10 people.  For some reason ours was around $14 per person.  I didn't question it!

#194 Mlite83

Mlite83
        • 384 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

I think the cost to rent a private terrace for this sort of thing is $500 and that does not include food.  As the other girls have said - buffet is free no matter what size your group is, whereas groups larger than 10 are charged $20/pp at the ala carte restaurants.

#195 jenniferandjeff

jenniferandjeff
          • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

I keep coming across brides commenting that they used an outside photographer and they were very pleased. Is the price better? Should I use an outside photographer and if so, do you have anyone in particular? Website of their work?

#196 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
            • 955 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by jenniferandjeff 

I keep coming across brides commenting that they used an outside photographer and they were very pleased. Is the price better? Should I use an outside photographer and if so, do you have anyone in particular? Website of their work?

I am also contracting the services of an outside photographer and the price will be dependent on your budget and how many hours of service you deem necessary.  I found that rates range from $350/hour to well over $1,000/hour.  In the end I chose Sascha Gluck and am very excited to work with him.

A good place to start is here on BDW and look at the list of to photographers. However, this list is not inclusive of every photographer available in the Riviera Maya and the rank is based on reveiws by BDW members only.  I have spent countless hours looking through portfolios and blogs and do not agree with the order of rank, but that's just the point. You need to find a photographer that speaks to you through their work. Someone that will capture the essence of you and your fi on the big day. It's a scrutinizing process and most will agree that it's on of the most important decisions to make for your wedding.  Good Luck with your search.

http://www.bestdesti...ry/photographer

#197 kitkat863

kitkat863
              • 243 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by jenniferandjeff 

I don't know about price but I wanted good photographs and it just seems that the resort photographers are never really that great. I have no idea what the resort photographer would have charged for more pictures than what was included in the package because I knew I didn't want to use them. I emailed a lot of photographers and narrowed it down to several that I liked based on their work and price. I ended up going with Gonzalo Nunez because he had a great price, I loved his work, and he responded very quickly to emails. It is all just about what you want and how much you are willing to spend!

#198 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                • 683 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thank you for the info on the private reheasal dinner/welcome dinner. I think going to the buffet sounds like the best option. What did you ladies that already had your weddings do?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#199 kitkat863

kitkat863
                • 243 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thank you for the info on the private reheasal dinner/welcome dinner. I think going to the buffet sounds like the best option. What did you ladies that already had your weddings do?

We only had 15 others with us but we didn't do a welcome dinner. We did dinner as a group a couple times and the restaurants just broke us up into 2 or 3 tables. The first night most of us went to the buffet and they were able to sit everyone together.

#200 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                  • 683 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

We only had 15 others with us but we didn't do a welcome dinner. We did dinner as a group a couple times and the restaurants just broke us up into 2 or 3 tables. The first night most of us went to the buffet and they were able to sit everyone together.

Thank You! I really don't don't want to do one, I'd rather just keep things pretty simple & casual but my fiances mother seems to think it's needed and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get out of it!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users