Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1971 khunt29

khunt29
  • Jr. Member
  • 351 posts

    Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

    Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by khunt29 

     

    We are using the DJ in place of the live music, so that's always an option- you only get the DJ for two hours though, so we are using an ipad for the dinner hour, and then the DJ for the remaining two hours.  I agree, three hours is SO short, but budget-wise, we can't do it- that might change once we're there...we'll see!

     

    We have a similar timeline

    Ceremony 4pm (the sun sets at 5:30!)

    Cocktail Hour 5-7pm - I think offiically only for an hour, but then people can relax for a bit before dinner.

    Dinner 7-10pm

    Kristen,

     

    Do you mean the sun sets at 7:30?

    Our travel agent told us 5:30!  

    Oh geez, I just checked it online and it says around 7:30.  Good lord. Again with the misinformation, not that it matters, but just one more thing I have to double-check because our agent got it wrong.  Thanks Shannon!



    #1972 mic813

    mic813
    • Site Supporter
    • 44 posts

      Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

      Originally Posted by Vika 

      I also just got married last week. Deisy and Pilar took care of everything! they were amazing!!! I brought 3 suitcases full of wedding stuff and they managed to decorate and do exactly what I asked. They are very organize. I wish I can relive the day again. Will start working on a review shortly.

       

      here is a photo one of the guests took

      I kept looking for you too!  My bridesmaid said she talked to you at the 'disco' and then someone mentioned you passed along best wishes at the reception.

       

      Glad everything went well.  I did see your groomsman a few times and peaked at your reception (I think you were cutting the cake).  You looked beautiful!!!!!



      #1973 AnaSteele58

      AnaSteele58
      • Jr. Member
      • 381 posts

        Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

        I love how you peaked in on each other! You both were beautiful brides. 



        #1974 shannonmarie

        shannonmarie
        • Member
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

        Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

        Originally Posted by khunt29 

        Our travel agent told us 5:30!  

        Oh geez, I just checked it online and it says around 7:30.  Good lord. Again with the misinformation, not that it matters, but just one more thing I have to double-check because our agent got it wrong.  Thanks Shannon!

        Haha! I just had to check b/c I scheduled our ceremony at 5 and I'm only 3 weeks behind you! It scared me for a moment so I had to double check!


        62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


        #1975 Vika

        Vika
        • Site Supporter
        • 143 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 10, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade

        Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

        Originally Posted by mic813 

        I kept looking for you too!  My bridesmaid said she talked to you at the 'disco' and then someone mentioned you passed along best wishes at the reception.

         

        Glad everything went well.  I did see your groomsman a few times and peaked at your reception (I think you were cutting the cake).  You looked beautiful!!!!!

         

        haha!!! yes! I told one of the bridesmaid who was getting coffee to tell you congrats from me!!! lol

        So jealous you went for 11 days! 7 was def not enough!



        #1976 Misscolo16

        Misscolo16
        • Newbie
        • 13 posts

          Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

          do you think you can try an email this to me I can't open it up...thanks heather!

          h.neberman@yahoo.com



          #1977 Retro Couple

          Retro Couple
          • Site Supporter
          • 25 posts

            Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

            Quick question, but are lit candles allowed in the reception or do they have to be LED lights?

             

            Thanks!

             

            Chris
             



            #1978 tccjem

            tccjem
            • Newbie
            • 31 posts

              Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

              I haven't really thought out the rehearsal dinner yet.  Does Pilar set up a rehearsal for the day before at a certain time?  Are any of you planning to have a family only rehearsal dinner and then meet for drinks with other guests at the resort?  Has anyone thought of doing a rehearsal dinner and/or drinks in town at Puerto Morelos at night?  Any recommendations on places?

               

              Thanks so much!

               

              P.S. to the new brides - Love your pics!  Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!

               

              Tara



              #1979 KJRAZZLE

              KJRAZZLE
              • Newbie
              • 48 posts

                Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

                Congrats mic813 & Vika, you both look gorgeous!



                #1980 Kal520

                Kal520
                • Newbie
                • 104 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

                  Originally Posted by tccjem 

                  I haven't really thought out the rehearsal dinner yet.  Does Pilar set up a rehearsal for the day before at a certain time?  Are any of you planning to have a family only rehearsal dinner and then meet for drinks with other guests at the resort?  Has anyone thought of doing a rehearsal dinner and/or drinks in town at Puerto Morelos at night?  Any recommendations on places?

                   

                  Thanks so much!

                   

                  P.S. to the new brides - Love your pics!  Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!

                   

                  Tara

                  I asked Pilar a while ago if we could just have an area set up for our group in the buffet after our rehearsal and she said no problem, we have a time but I can't remember when it was! Haha!! I'm the worst! But anyway this will also be our welcome dinner, not excluding anyone since we will have 25 people appx.






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users