Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1751 remykion

remykion
  • Newbie
  • 124 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now jade
  • LocationMexico

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hi,

 

I posted earlier but cant seem to see it on here....just wondering if I have posted in the wrong place?



#1752 aarosenthall

aarosenthall
  • Newbie
  • 99 posts

    Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

    Hi All, Does anyone happen to have measurements for the Terrace?  I'm trying to decide how comfortable it would be for a head table (for the bridal party) and 4 round tables. Anyone know how comfortably this would fit/look? If anyone has any info or advice, that would be great! Thanks! Jen :)

    Honestly I have never seen anyone use round tables on the terrace nor have seen it as an option. I could be wrong, but I think you would want rectangular tables due to the limited space of the terrace. I went through this same thing and ultimately ended up switching to the bamboo room.

    #1753 shannonmarie

    shannonmarie
    • Member
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

    Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

    Here's 2 medicine label templates in case anyone would like to use them!

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Attached Files


    62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


    #1754 shannonmarie

    shannonmarie
    • Member
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

    Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

    Originally Posted by aarosenthall 


    Honestly I have never seen anyone use round tables on the terrace nor have seen it as an option. I could be wrong, but I think you would want rectangular tables due to the limited space of the terrace. I went through this same thing and ultimately ended up switching to the bamboo room.

    I have also read that the terrace is too narrow for round tables. 


    62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


    #1755 khunt29

    khunt29
    • Jr. Member
    • 351 posts

      Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

      Hi Ladies,

       

      I am struggling a bit with our layout for the dinner in the Bamboo Room.  Any advice is appreciated!

      We have 44 guests coming, 15 of which are in the wedding party (7 on my side, 6 on his- which drives me CRAZY, but I'll figure that part out LOL)

       

      Here are my thoughts:

       

      - do we have a head table with all of the wedding party, and then the other 29 guests spread amongst rounds?

      - do we just do all rounds?

      - a sweetheart table with just bride, grrom, MOH, and BM?

      - one long table for all of us?  I saw a really cute pic which had say, 3 long rectangular tables, back to back with 3 other long, pushed together, so it looked like one big table, and then we can all eat together, facing each other at one big table?  (this would also help me with decreasing the cost of runners LOL)

       

      My concerns are aesthetic of course, but also, for example, my BM is bringing his girlfriend, and she won't be able to eat with him if he's at a head table.  I know this is typical and happens often, but I was just thinking that because the nature of a destination wedding is more casual to begin with, we could stray from the norm.

       

      Help!

       

      Kristen
       



      #1756 khunt29

      khunt29
      • Jr. Member
      • 351 posts

        Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

        Originally Posted by khunt29 

        Hi Ladies,

         

        I am struggling a bit with our layout for the dinner in the Bamboo Room.  Any advice is appreciated!

        We have 44 guests coming, 15 of which are in the wedding party (7 on my side, 6 on his- which drives me CRAZY, but I'll figure that part out LOL)

         

        Here are my thoughts:

         

        - do we have a head table with all of the wedding party, and then the other 29 guests spread amongst rounds?

        - do we just do all rounds?

        - a sweetheart table with just bride, grrom, MOH, and BM?

        - one long table for all of us?  I saw a really cute pic which had say, 3 long rectangular tables, back to back with 3 other long, pushed together, so it looked like one big table, and then we can all eat together, facing each other at one big table?  (this would also help me with decreasing the cost of runners LOL)

         

        My concerns are aesthetic of course, but also, for example, my BM is bringing his girlfriend, and she won't be able to eat with him if he's at a head table.  I know this is typical and happens often, but I was just thinking that because the nature of a destination wedding is more casual to begin with, we could stray from the norm.

         

        Help!

         

        Kristen
         


        Also- if anyone saw the Now Jade dinner locations document, page 4 is what I am referring to, for one big table :)

        I'll attach it agin here.

         

         

        Attached Files



        #1757 shannonmarie

        shannonmarie
        • Member
        • 683 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
        • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

        Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

        Originally Posted by khunt29 

        Hi Ladies,

         

        I am struggling a bit with our layout for the dinner in the Bamboo Room.  Any advice is appreciated!

        We have 44 guests coming, 15 of which are in the wedding party (7 on my side, 6 on his- which drives me CRAZY, but I'll figure that part out LOL)

         

        Here are my thoughts:

         

        - do we have a head table with all of the wedding party, and then the other 29 guests spread amongst rounds?

        - do we just do all rounds?

        - a sweetheart table with just bride, grrom, MOH, and BM?

        - one long table for all of us?  I saw a really cute pic which had say, 3 long rectangular tables, back to back with 3 other long, pushed together, so it looked like one big table, and then we can all eat together, facing each other at one big table?  (this would also help me with decreasing the cost of runners LOL)

         

        My concerns are aesthetic of course, but also, for example, my BM is bringing his girlfriend, and she won't be able to eat with him if he's at a head table.  I know this is typical and happens often, but I was just thinking that because the nature of a destination wedding is more casual to begin with, we could stray from the norm.

         

        Help!

         

        Kristen
         

        Just my opinion but I'm not a fan of head tables. I've been to so many weddings that my FI was in and we couldn't sit together. I just didn't like it. Although since this is a DW, your BM's girlfriend will probably meet people and make friends throughout the trip, but she may still like to eat dinner next to her boyfriend.

         

        I'd like to see a pic of the 3 long tables your talking about. I can't picture it. If everyone is facing each other, that would be nice. Sometimes the long tables are soooo long, it's kind of awkward if you have so many people at one table. It's hard to talk to everyone!

         

        We aren't in the Bamboo Room, we are in Castaways, but we are opting for a sweetheart table (just bride and groom) and the rest round tables. 

         

        I'm sure whatever you decide will look just fine!


        62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


        #1758 khunt29

        khunt29
        • Jr. Member
        • 351 posts

          Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

          Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

          Just my opinion but I'm not a fan of head tables. I've been to so many weddings that my FI was in and we couldn't sit together. I just didn't like it. Although since this is a DW, your BM's girlfriend will probably meet people and make friends throughout the trip, but she may still like to eat dinner next to her boyfriend.

           

          I'd like to see a pic of the 3 long tables your talking about. I can't picture it. If everyone is facing each other, that would be nice. Sometimes the long tables are soooo long, it's kind of awkward if you have so many people at one table. It's hard to talk to everyone!

           

          We aren't in the Bamboo Room, we are in Castaways, but we are opting for a sweetheart table (just bride and groom) and the rest round tables. 

           

          I'm sure whatever you decide will look just fine!


          Here is a pic- on the document Pilar sent me. I think I like the look of this, just not sure how it will fit in the Bamboo room- although, this IS in the Bambbo Room.   maybe do this for dinner, then they could break it away for dancing?



          #1759 shannonmarie

          shannonmarie
          • Member
          • 683 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
          • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

          Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

          That's pretty set up, but I still vote for a round table set up! Let us know which you decide!


          62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


          #1760 TFinlay

          TFinlay
          • Site Supporter
          • 57 posts

            Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

            Originally Posted by khunt29 

            Hi Ladies,

             

            I am struggling a bit with our layout for the dinner in the Bamboo Room.  Any advice is appreciated!

            We have 44 guests coming, 15 of which are in the wedding party (7 on my side, 6 on his- which drives me CRAZY, but I'll figure that part out LOL)

             

            Here are my thoughts:

             

            - do we have a head table with all of the wedding party, and then the other 29 guests spread amongst rounds?

            - do we just do all rounds?

            - a sweetheart table with just bride, grrom, MOH, and BM?

            - one long table for all of us?  I saw a really cute pic which had say, 3 long rectangular tables, back to back with 3 other long, pushed together, so it looked like one big table, and then we can all eat together, facing each other at one big table?  (this would also help me with decreasing the cost of runners LOL)

             

            My concerns are aesthetic of course, but also, for example, my BM is bringing his girlfriend, and she won't be able to eat with him if he's at a head table.  I know this is typical and happens often, but I was just thinking that because the nature of a destination wedding is more casual to begin with, we could stray from the norm.

             

            Help!

             

            Kristen
             

            What does everyone think about inviting the BM's girlfriend to sit at the head/sweetheart table? I am thinking about doing this with my married MOH whose husband is not in the wedding. Would this be totally inappropriate?






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users