OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1331 Michellelepore1

Michellelepore1
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by VikaAndrew 

I liked LaLuna but they are crazy expensive also. Which photography is part of the hotel?

Hi! It's Adventure Photos I believe. I have seen some work and I am not too crazy about them.

#1332 debralynn

debralynn
    • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Could you please email the information you have?

Thank you

debrasalfer@aol.com

#1333 VikaAndrew

VikaAndrew
      • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

So what other options are there?

#1334 khunt29

khunt29
        • 351 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I gave the guests 3 options: The beef and shrimp, scallops and mahi mahi, and pork medallions. I chose the shrimp and scallops in coconut milk as the appetizer and the lobster bisque but everyone got to pick their entree out of the three above. 

Pilart told me now that only 2 entrees are allowed, unless the 3rd is a vegetarian or gluten free menu item....

#1335 khunt29

khunt29
          • 351 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hi Ladies!! Does anyone have any recommendations for photography?? Del Sol was WAY too expensive for my fiance and I and we have a friend who is an amazing photographer who we thought we could fly down but now due to work he may not be able to make it. Any suggestions would be helpful?? Thanks!

We are using Derek Campbell, photosincancun.com Check out his work, it's fantastic!

#1336 khunt29

khunt29
            • 351 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Is anyone having an informal welcome happy hour?  I want to include this information in my welcome letter (which will be printer prior) and need to include location.  What would you recommend for location? I am thinking Friday at 5:00/5:30? I remember reading that if you mention it to Pilar she may be able to set up some chips and salsa at no charge.

We are having a welcome dinner the night we arrive, we just asked Pilar to reserve a section of the buffet restaurant for us and that was no problem. We plan on giving out our welcome bags there :)

#1337 kitkat863

kitkat863
              • 243 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Pilart told me now that only 2 entrees are allowed, unless the 3rd is a vegetarian or gluten free menu item....

When I sent out my invites I never even asked Pilar how many entrees were allowed, I just assumed that I could pick whatever I wanted from the menu options. She never questioned me or said anything about it when I sent her the list. We also had 3 children so I gave them 2 options from Pilar told me regarding a kids menu.

#1338 kitkat863

kitkat863
                • 243 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 

Hi Ladies!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for photography?? Del Sol was WAY too expensive for my fiance and I and we have a friend who is an amazing photographer who we thought we could fly down but now due to work he may not be able to make it. Any suggestions would be helpful??

Thanks!

Gonzalo Nunez. He was amazing and his prices are great! I highly recommend him. 

#1339 proudfather

proudfather
                  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hello all! I have asked this question a while back and haven't gotten much help..... Does anyone know of a Fireworks package and where I can view the details/cost. Thanks!!!

#1340 JillianFrances

JillianFrances
                    • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi Girls,

We are leaving on Wednesday for our wedding/honeymoon, and I can't seem to get a response from Pilar with the DJ song list from the resort. Would anyone be able to send it to me at jillian.withee@gmail.com?

I have to say, I don't know if I just left things too long or was too laid back, but I sent her about twelve questions a month ago and she never answered any of them. Some questions I've asked multiple times (like to confirm we've booked a DJ and to send me the song list), and she hasn't answered them. I'm pretty disappointed, and I hope this all works itself out when we get there. I am really hoping we aren't in for total sticker shock.

Thank you to anyone who can help and for all of the info shared here. I would have gone crazy without this board.

Jillian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users