Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1191 juicybride

juicybride
  • Newbie
  • 76 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
  • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi everyone, a question about chair bows. For anyone bringing their own, do you have to bring them already tied or can we just bring in the fabric flat? I'm afraid the bows will get wrinkled if they are already tied. Does anyone know what the resort prefers?



#1192 bmelko

bmelko
  • Site Supporter
  • 92 posts

    Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

    Originally Posted by khunt29 

    Also- does anyone know the etiquette as far as having the photographers for dinner? Photos in Cancun will be there, so I wonder if its expected? I don't know the rules!

    We are buying place setting for the photographers for dinner only.  It just seems like a nice gesture. 



    #1193 bmelko

    bmelko
    • Site Supporter
    • 92 posts

      Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

      Originally Posted by juicybride 

      Hi everyone, a question about chair bows. For anyone bringing their own, do you have to bring them already tied or can we just bring in the fabric flat? I'm afraid the bows will get wrinkled if they are already tied. Does anyone know what the resort prefers?

      We are bringing ours flat and tying them on the chairs the morning of our wedding.  I have heard the resort will do this for a fee (and some girls get this free of charge, so who knows), but my MOH is really good at it and they look amazing, so I want her to do them so I know they will look perfect.  I don't think it will be a big deal for you or someone else to put them on instead of having the resort if you choose to do that; otherwise you may get charged a fee.  I'm don't remember how much the fee is ($1 per chair or something like that?) but I know it isn't terribly expensive.  My issue in having my MOH do it isn't the money, it's the look of the bow itself. :)  Hope that helps!  



      #1194 megp

      megp
      • Newbie
      • 7 posts

        Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

        I just inquired prices from adventure photos. I asked how much full day coverage video and full 1 day photo coverage would be. He quotes me $1925. We have the divine package already, so I feel like that is a little high. Of course I told him we booked the divine package. Do you think it would be cheaper to go through Pilar? We simply don't have an additional 2k in our budget...

        Hi! I asked Pilar about upgrading my photo package to full day coverage and I also wanted more than 100 images. Adventure photo emailed me back and said they could give me full day coverage for $699 and include 300-400 pictures for $350. In addition I have the photo booth for 3 hrs for $600. I would suggest emailing Pilar and having her forward your request to Adventure photo and maybe they can provide you with the same rates!

        #1195 juicybride

        juicybride
        • Newbie
        • 76 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
        • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
        • LocationCanada

        Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

        Originally Posted by bmelko 

        We are bringing ours flat and tying them on the chairs the morning of our wedding.  I have heard the resort will do this for a fee (and some girls get this free of charge, so who knows), but my MOH is really good at it and they look amazing, so I want her to do them so I know they will look perfect.  I don't think it will be a big deal for you or someone else to put them on instead of having the resort if you choose to do that; otherwise you may get charged a fee.  I'm don't remember how much the fee is ($1 per chair or something like that?) but I know it isn't terribly expensive.  My issue in having my MOH do it isn't the money, it's the look of the bow itself. :)  Hope that helps!  

        Thanks that answers my question. I can definitely do $1 per chair bow. :)

         

        Now a question about your invitations. Are any of you including the menu options in your invites? I'm confused as to how to word it on the invitation. I see there are 3 divine dinner options. Should I include all 3 options for my guests? Please let me know if this is correct.

         

        For example:                      Menu options: _____Beef Fillet & Shrimp   

                                                                          _____Yellow tail tuna steak

                                                                          _____Salmon supreme & Ratatouille

         

         



        #1196 Mlite83

        Mlite83
        • Jr. Member
        • 384 posts

          Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

          Originally Posted by juicybride 

          Hi everyone, a question about chair bows. For anyone bringing their own, do you have to bring them already tied or can we just bring in the fabric flat? I'm afraid the bows will get wrinkled if they are already tied. Does anyone know what the resort prefers?

          The resort will iron and tie the bows for you at a cost of $1.00 each.  So best to bring them flat.



          #1197 Mlite83

          Mlite83
          • Jr. Member
          • 384 posts

            Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

            Originally Posted by khunt29 

            Also- does anyone know the etiquette as far as having the photographers for dinner? Photos in Cancun will be there, so I wonder if its expected? I don't know the rules!

            My photog (Sweetfire) has it in the contract that for packages above 5 hours dinner break must be included...but I believe the day pass required for outside photogs would also allow them to grab a snack if necessary throughout the day.



            #1198 bmelko

            bmelko
            • Site Supporter
            • 92 posts

              Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

              Originally Posted by juicybride 

              Thanks that answers my question. I can definitely do $1 per chair bow. :)

               

              Now a question about your invitations. Are any of you including the menu options in your invites? I'm confused as to how to word it on the invitation. I see there are 3 divine dinner options. Should I include all 3 options for my guests? Please let me know if this is correct.

               

              For example:                      Menu options: _____Beef Fillet & Shrimp   

                                                                                _____Yellow tail tuna steak

                                                                                _____Salmon supreme & Ratatouille

               

               

              We haven't yet decided on our menu, but I am putting something like:

               

              ___ beef

              ___ chicken

              ___ vegetarian (or fish)

               

              Please let us know if you have any food allergies or dietary requirements:

              ____________________________________________________________

               

              I am also including a note on the RSVPs to check out our website for more details on the food choices.  I encouraged people to go to our website when I sent out my save-the-dates (and many of them already have) just so they could get all the information anytime they wanted it, and I wanted them to have it early.  Under the Reception section, I put that once we had decided on a menu, we would post the details there so they knew ahead of time to check it before deciding on an entree.  I made sure they also knew that if they whatever entree they select, they would be getting the salad, soup and dessert with that as well, as no substitutions were going to be made.  You could always include an insert of the full menu choices if you wanted, something printed on vellum or something pretty, that way they can see the options.



              #1199 aarosenthall

              aarosenthall
              • Newbie
              • 99 posts

                Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

                Ju

                We haven't yet decided on our menu, but I am putting something like: ___ beef ___ chicken ___ vegetarian (or fish) Please let us know if you have any food allergies or dietary requirements: ____________________________________________________________ I am also including a note on the RSVPs to check out our website for more details on the food choices.  I encouraged people to go to our website when I sent out my save-the-dates (and many of them already have) just so they could get all the information anytime they wanted it, and I wanted them to have it early.  Under the Reception section, I put that once we had decided on a menu, we would post the details there so they knew ahead of time to check it before deciding on an entree.  I made sure they also knew that if they whatever entree they select, they would be getting the salad, soup and dessert with that as well, as no substitutions were going to be made.  You could always include an insert of the full menu choices if you wanted, something printed on vellum or something pretty, that way they can see the options.

                Just some food for thought on the dinner choices.... Pilar told me a max of two choices for dinner. I put the ahi, steak, and a vegetarian option on my rsvp's- I heard she will budge if the vegetarian is one of the options, but you may want to check on adding in fish.

                #1200 bmelko

                bmelko
                • Site Supporter
                • 92 posts

                  Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

                  Originally Posted by aarosenthall 

                  Ju
                  Just some food for thought on the dinner choices.... Pilar told me a max of two choices for dinner. I put the ahi, steak, and a vegetarian option on my rsvp's- I heard she will budge if the vegetarian is one of the options, but you may want to check on adding in fish.

                  Yeah, I realized after I typed it that the fish part was supposed to be where the chicken was. :)  So far we are planning on a steak and a vegetarian, but we haven't decided on a chicken or fish entree as the last one.  I confirmed my choices with Deisy and she told em I was allowed two plus one vegetarian or gluten-free (chicken).  So I just don't know which I want to offer - the gluten-free or the vegetarian.  






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users