Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Is anyone doing a Reception in their home town after the destination wedding? I need some advice on sending STD's and invites! Not sure if I should spend the extra money on these things if I know they wont travel?! Our dates are 8-2-13 and reception at home 8-24-13...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandonO View Post

Is anyone doing a Reception in their home town after the destination wedding? I need some advice on sending STD's and invites! Not sure if I should spend the extra money on these things if I know they wont travel?! Our dates are 8-2-13 and reception at home 8-24-13...

I might not be much help but we're doing a combined wedding announcement and AHR invite but our wedding date is 05/18/13 and the AHR is 07/20/13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 View Post

 

Thank You Shannonmarie and belko!!!

 

That is a really good idea about the pre RSVP. I wish I would have thought of that. So far we know of 25 definite people. We are inviting about 75. I am hoping no more than 40 as well because the prices do start adding up quickly.

 

Will you ladies be getting the DJ?? I am torn between the DJ or just doing the IPOD. But I know my family loves to dance and I think creating a dance play list for like 3 hours would be a bit much. What do you ladies think?

 

 

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

When I first started planning I was against the DJ. I thought we would just be fine using our iPod. However, after thinking more about it, we are deciding to do the DJ.  (Actually, it will depend on how many people we end up having but we decided if we have more than 20-25 people we will go for it.). I'm just using the resort DJ but I think things will run a lot smoother with a DJ. I did decide against music for the cocktail hour though.

We are going to use a DJ rather than an iPod.  We all like to dance and I like the idea of a DJ playing music rather than create a, very lengthy, playlist for the reception.  I'm going to come up with a loose playlist for the DJ, though, requesting what songs I don't want played and what kind of music to play during dinner, etc.  I'm also using the resort DJ (DJ Doremixx, preferably, as I've heard great things). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LandonO View Post

 

Is anyone doing a Reception in their home town after the destination wedding? I need some advice on sending STD's and invites! Not sure if I should spend the extra money on these things if I know they wont travel?! Our dates are 8-2-13 and reception at home 8-24-13...

We had a reception at home. I only invited about 50 people to the actual wedding but we had about 300 invited to the reception at home. I sent out std and invites for the wedding (wish I would have just done invites tho) and then I sent out seperate invites for the reception. Oour reception at home was about a month and a half after the wedding so those invites got sent out right before we left for Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

Hey Michelle! Yes, it's $15 per person to extend the reception an extra hour. I'm getting married June 14, 2013 and plan to send my invitations out mid January and ask for an RSVP date of March 14th. I think 5-6 months in advance for invitations works good. My future mother in law seems to think the RSVP date is a bit early but I highly disagree! I need some kind of head count so I can plan accordingly. The way I see it, if you don't know if you'll be leaving the country in 3 months, then your not coming! 

We based everything off our travel agency timelines.  Given the early booking discount we received I needed to send my save the date as an email in July (for April 2013 wedding).  Final payment was due Oct 5 - so this gave people time to put there deposit down and plan their finances around the payment deadlines.  I sent the formal invites in August once they were ready - bt most had already put down their deposit by then.  So now, 6 months out, we have our confirmed attendees, and a good idea of where our budget stands.  We also used a wedding website, where we post updates etc.  It was a good thing we did it so early - the price went up over $600 per person !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Girls!

 

I'll be a NOW Jade Bride on April 19, 2013 - Can't believe it's less than 6 months away - GULP!

 

Does anyone know if there will be any more Webinars...just curious! We have a very large group coming down with us (100+). As so many future brides on this site, I have many questions but hopefully certain things will become more clear as we get closer. I'm trying to stay calm and not stress out but it's so hard!

 

Good luck to all :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lindsay Green View Post

 

We based everything off our travel agency timelines.  Given the early booking discount we received I needed to send my save the date as an email in July (for April 2013 wedding).  Final payment was due Oct 5 - so this gave people time to put there deposit down and plan their finances around the payment deadlines.  I sent the formal invites in August once they were ready - bt most had already put down their deposit by then.  So now, 6 months out, we have our confirmed attendees, and a good idea of where our budget stands.  We also used a wedding website, where we post updates etc.  It was a good thing we did it so early - the price went up over $600 per person !! 

Your super lucky you already have a head count! How many confirmed do you have? I wish we had some kind of timelines to go off of but unfortunately we were unable to do a room block due to money. Wow! I can't believe it went up over $600 per person!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by berniebags View Post

 

Hey Girls!

 

I'll be a NOW Jade Bride on April 19, 2013 - Can't believe it's less than 6 months away - GULP!

 

Does anyone know if there will be any more Webinars...just curious! We have a very large group coming down with us (100+). As so many future brides on this site, I have many questions but hopefully certain things will become more clear as we get closer. I'm trying to stay calm and not stress out but it's so hard!

 

Good luck to all :)

Congratulations! Time sure is going fast! 100+ guest! I couldn't imagine! I doubt there will be another Webinar. This thread is very informative though and should answer a lot of your questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow,I woke up this morning and freaked out a little.we are getting married Feb 14 th 2013, so less then 4 months and I can't figure out the form Pilar sent with final menu ideas. We are having the Devine package and only 20 people ,the carnival restaurant is where the dinner will be which I thought was buffet,but then she asked us to fill out meal choices?? So confused,and it takes at least 3 e-mails to get the answer to a question ,and even then the language barrier only gets half the question answered,arg. Help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×