OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

i am having around 25-30 guests as well... i hired Dj Discomovil too with 4 uplights and 2 cold fireworks... i used weddingwire.com to arrange my floor plan which made it alot easier to plan in out.. im having 5 round tables go in a semi circle  around the dance floor and one rectangular square table as the head table... another table for my "photobooth" and guest book...

I have never heard of weddingwire.com, thanks for sharing!!!!

So in the bamoo room is there automatically dance floor? We have a wee wedding party so aren't having a big reception but would still be nice to have a first dance etc. Do we have to rent a dance floor?

I remember reading somewhere that no dance floor is needed for the bamboo room, only for reception sites that don't have floors (like the beach).

Who did previous brides use for hair and makeup? I can't decide if I want someone who will come to the resort or go off the resort for this....also did recent brides pay guest pass or vendor fee?

My photographer said the makeup that comes out of the resort spas tends to be heavy and cakey. He suggested stylingtrio http://stylingtrio.com/, they use airbrush makeup and do a great job. I also have contacted MVP. The only issue I had is MVP has a minimum 2 guests and the bride, and my girls only wanted hair done so we got our hair done at the spa and everyone was happy. And stylingtrio was a bit pricey for what I was willing to pay plus you have to pay the vendor fee. My hair looked amazing from the resort spa. and I did my own makeup.

Hey ladies! I just spoke to my photographer, he's sending out my photos! Wooo ! I plan on writing a thorough review tomorrow about our wedding at the Jade! It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about any of you guys!

As far as makeup goes, Erika did mine. It came out great! I was too worried about the cakieness but she did a great job! (:

The bamboo room has a tile floor, so a rental is NOT needed. Only for castaways, the poolside and beach I believe.

I recommend the saxophonist. He was fabulous. We used him during our cocktail hour and he did a great job. Also noticed that he is also the violinist. .. saw him 3 days later at another wedding!

Ok, think that covers most of the last few questions I saw up here. Feel free to message me with any questions, they come straight to my phone. (:

Xoxo

Some random pics I got from guests phones (;

post-274569-141649394429_thumb.jpg

post-274569-141649437542_thumb.jpg

post-274569-141649440287_thumb.jpg

post-274569-141649442237_thumb.jpg

post-274569-141649443714_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey ladies! Everyone is sooooo right. These people know what they're doing. The wedding was perfect. Carmen made it look exactly like i pictured. We had a pergola ceremony and a poolside reception. 50/50 chance of rain. Carmen asked me if I wanted to move it inside, I said yes if she thought we needed too. But then she came back while we were at the cocktail and said her staff said it wasn't going to rain and we were going to risk it. And it didn't rain! We got about 2 minutes of sprinkles and that was all...I don't have pictures at this time of any of our set up. I'm not sure if anyone even has any or if I'll need to wait got my photographer. (Who was moments that matter by the way, and was really great to work with.)

We had our trash the dress today with the resort photographer. We don't come home until Wednesday :)

It's been amazing!

• Like 4

Hi future jade brides,

We had our wedding on November 12, 2014 and it was absolutely perfect. I will be writing a more detailed review but for now I thought I'd share a few things on the forum. 

We had 20 guests with our ceremony at the Pergola. I brought some extra stuff like fans, chair sashes, Grass and seashell hangers, shadow box sand ceremony and bubbles. We used the guitarist for the ceremony. The setup was breathtaking. We choose the non religious ceremony and she was really amazing. So passionately delivered and truly nice ceremony about the meaning of love and involving our group was great.

We had cocktails at the Mixbar and it was a great location for everyone to be able to join in the photos and still have there drinks. I didnt do much for the cocktail hour except I did have some napkins. You can do as little or as much as you want for the cocktail hour and it is still very lovely. We did have some mosquitoes so its wise to have a bottle just in case

We had our dinner on the Terrace. I was worried it might be too hot but it was not at this time of year. The sun was down and there was a breeze off the water so the temperature was very pleasant. They did provide some mosquito spray at the reception but my that point there weren't many. We decided to keep the wedding simple and not do the traditional wedding reception.  We did however add a pinata for some Mexican culture which I am so happy we did. It was alot of fun. There was some very interesting traditional mexican candy.The Pinata was set up on the terrace right behind our table.  Another great idea for anyone wanting to add some culture into the wedding is having your flower girl bring down flower petals in a sombrero.  I used fan placecards, mini gumball machines with jellybellies in my colors. I did not order any linens and my table still looked amazing. I had everyone sitting at the same table which was nice and intimate.  I brought down some battery operated lights for my signing table and a cake topper, cake knife and server. 

My makeup and hair was very nicely done. I asked for a more natural look and it was great. Still showed up on pictures and nice in person. I used hair extensions and they did a great job putiing them in.

My pictures were done by the resort photo shop and I couldn't of been happier. We ended up buying 76 of them.

Any questions questions Id be glad to answer and send any photos. It doesn't matter if you go a more simpler route or fancy, it will be absolutely perfect. Happy planning!

• Like 2