OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

I'm really happy you liked Castaways. Originally it wasn't our first choice, but I think it should work out well. How did you find the temperature in the room in the evening?
It was the hottest day we had during our 10 day stay so it was quite humid but bearable. I wouldn't have changed it, no one complained either Xx

Hello brides, We are getting married at the Now Jade in about four weeks, December 5th 2013. My question is if there is tax charged after you get all the things figured out with Pilar. My goal is to only include bridesmaid boquets and thats it. I have selected the divine package and have already paid the $500 deposit and would like to stay under $3000 total is that doable? But mainly is there tax on top of everything or is the tax included in the prices they give you?
Whatever is on the contract is what you pay.....everything is included. We paid by card so I am expecting a fee from the bank for international transaction fees but this is nothing to do with now jade. Xx

Hello everyone! I need some advice PLEASE! We are getting married in just a few months and now that our trip is paid I need to get back to wedding planning! I need some advice in terms of Castaways. We have around 40 -45 guests attending. We would like to have a sweetheart table for the 2 of us and I was wondering how many people can sit comfortably around a round table? Is there a certain area recommended for everyone to sit and another for the dance floor? For those of you that have gotten married and used Castaways is there anything you would change looking back or recommendations you have? We are going with the Eternity Package and I am not clear on how many dinner options I can offer our guests.. I was thinking 1 of the package options 1 gluton free option. Can a vegetarian option be given also? Or only if there are food restrictions? Does anyone have Eternity menu dinner recommendations? Any cake / flavour recommendations from the Eternity menu? I am considering getting a hair trial done.. My concern is do you get the same hair dresser the day of the wedding? Can the make-up that is included with the package be substittuted for a hair trial instead? Is it worth my while gettting a hair trial done? I have a pretty good idea of what I would like.. I just wonder if it is a waste going to get my hair done and then having to mess it up so my fiance doesn't see what my hair will look like the day of the wedding.. lol Thanks for your time and hope ya's can help me out! Have a great day!
I didn't have a hair trial, I went with a picture and my extensions and I was more than happy with what she done. My mom and mother in law and bridesmaids were happy with their hair also. They are very good at what they do. Sarah

Hi!! We're having a non-religious symbolic ceremony at the Now Jade. Has anyone been giving the script that the officiant reads or have you spoken to any of the wedding coordinators about it?? We're legally marrying before we leave Canada and since we're paying for a wedding commissioner in winnipeg, she offered to write us a script for the Mexico portion if we wanted. I thought this was a great idea (since she's basically doing this for free for us) but I'm unsure if the Mexico officiant will want to read someone else's work (or if their English is good enough to read something they haven't already memorized!) Also, did you girls find the officiant hard to understand at the Now Jade? I'm really not picky either way with which script is used, I'd just hate for her to do all this extra work if we're not going to use it. Also I'd hate to get excited about her script if it's not something that can be done down south! Any info would help!! Thanks :)

Congrats on your wedding! You look beautiful! I am using Adventure Photos and have the devine package for my wedding in February. We booked them for the entire day, plus a trash the dress shoot.  Now I'm worried that we made the wrong choice! Your photos look amazing to me, but if you think they weren't very professional then maybe I should reconsider? How much extra did people have to pay to use an off site photographer? I think I am adding around 1000$ for the entire day and trash the dress. Is that worth it?
To be fair it must be really difficult to get lots of different shots in 1 hr which is all we had the photographer for (the ceremony) especially when everyone is calling him to take shots of them!!! If you are using him for the full day im sure u will get some beautiful pics the only advice i can give is make sure u have a list of shots you want. Who you want in them, certain poses, and tell him to only listen to you. He was too busy shooting my family members.....they wouldnt even be there to view and pick them so it was a complete waste of time. You will have more time so just go in prepared and you will be fine. We are partly to blame because we just expected him to tell us what to do but he just focused to long on group pictures rather than "us" so he was shooting the same shots that my friends and family was so when we went to view them i felt id already seen them on their cameras/phones. Give him list before hand for him To work to Sarah Xxx

Me and my fiancé are both gluten free, which Pilar already knows because she's told us that they can make us a gluten free wedding cake. (Awesome!) In filling out my 45 day prior sheet, I realized that I have a choice in cake and filling flavour. I'm unsure if they can make any style cake gluten free. My question is if anyone else on this thread is GF and what was your cake like? Also, how accommodating was the resort I general to your food allergy?? Thanks!