OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbosox View Post

Just wondering from those who had a large wedding here approx how much did you pay for going over guest count. we are estimated right now between 50-69 guests it seems to go up every day!

Also for the reception for a large party like this; do they use a bunch of round tables or one long table?

Our wedding is in June and we are estimating about $100/per person above the 25 guests. That would include dinner, drinks, cocktail hour, cake, Champaign toast, and chair. That's a rough estimate! I'm hoping its actually smaller than that!

Does anyone know if they have kids meal options?? We have about 4-5 kids that are under 6 so I'm hoping not to pay a full adult price for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi city View Post

Our wedding is in June and we are estimating about $100/per person above the 25 guests. That would include dinner, drinks, cocktail hour, cake, Champaign toast, and chair. That's a rough estimate! I'm hoping its actually smaller than that!

Does anyone know if they have kids meal options?? We have about 4-5 kids that are under 6 so I'm hoping not to pay a full adult price for them

Yes they have kids meals. Options are spaghetti, chicken fingers and I'm not sure what the third is.

They are about $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina111213 View Post

So we are leaving on thursday!!! Cant wait but heres our dilema right now...how many of you will or did stay with your groom the night before the wedding?

I am planning on staying with the groom the night before, having breakfast with our parents then going our separate way and not seeing him until I'm walking down the aisle. Just seemed logical to me. Also, I wanted to wake up with him on our wedding morning so we got a little time just the two of us to bask in the fact that it is our wedding day. Herful time at Now Jade and a beautiful wedding day!!!

I can't wait less than 3 weeks now until we leave. Can't imagine what I will be like with only a few days left. Have a wonderful time at Now Jade and a beautiful wedding day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Graf View Post

6 was a little empty, not majorly awkward but if you can, I thought 8 was perfect!

So now, here we go, my back and married post because today I am having the post wedding blues because it is over and I am sad lol.

It was beautiful. They are doing a really great job! There were a few minor issues but nothing that I would say "God, they really messed up".

We met Pilar the day we arrived (Saturday). She knows what she is doing and when she saw how I had everything prepared, she asked if I wanted to move to Mexico, she would hire me lol. I had everything in labeled bags and pictures of how I wanted it to make it idiot proof. Yes, I am controlling hehe. Anyway, she saw my seating chart and asked if I really wanted to use Castaways or if I was open to switching to the Bamboo Room because it would work better for our group. So we walked over to both locations and she was right. The Bamboo Room is beautiful and it was an easy decision for us. As for the payment. I had called my bank and they told me they would charge 3% foreign transaction fee. I remember we had the discussion here, which made me look at our statement from the deposit where we didn't pay the fee. So in my mind, there had to be a way around it. So I asked Pilar if we could pay the way we payed for the deposit. She told me it would be a different compartment but she would ask. She did, we payed and voila, 90 bucks in our pocket. :)

On Sunday we had our welcome party, where we planned trips. That day I had my hair and make up trial. Holy cow, was I glad I did it. They use SO much make up. I am only 30 and you could see the wrinkles around my eyes because the make up was so heavy. So the day of I knew I had to tell them only eye make up, I take care of the rest. The hair trial was great. She didn't use my extensions but I got the point how it would look which was what I wanted to get out of the trial. I forgot who I had but she was sweet. Unfortunately, she barely spoke English, so when I tried to tell her she could use the fake eye lashes because I had more of them, she didn't understand and kept telling me we would use those on Wednesday. Somehow I managed to tell her "Tengo mas para Wednesday" and THEN she understood. The eye make up was good but my husband didn't really like it, possibly because the rest of the make up was so heavy. The day of though he loved it. :)

Due to our trips we had to do rehearsal dinner the day of our bach parties right beforehand. So rehearsal dinner wasn't right after but the night before the wedding. We had it arranged at the buffet (my husband didn't like the buffet but he thought the restaurant food was good - I am less picky and was fine with buffet lol) but when we got there it was closed. Uhm. Ok? So we had a group of 21 people and nowhere to go. We ended up at the show buffet but the show was terrible and we couldn't all sit together, so there went the rehearsal dinner. Oh well.

The day of we woke up at around 10am, ordered room service, and then went to the pool for like half an hour to see if somebody else was there from our group. I had to leave at like 11:15am because I wanted to be at the Spa at 12:30pm. For some reason I had no motivation. The weather wasn't particularly nice, so I got coffee at Coco and sat a little on the balcony just to relax. Of course then I ran into time problems lol because I still had to iron my bridal robe and I had a bride application for a white top that I still had to iron on. Once that was done I had like 20 minutes left to shower and blow dry my hair. Oh, and of course I had forgotten to do my eye brows beforehand so that needed to be taken care of as well. Anyway, it all worked out. At 12:20 my one bridesmaid came to bring all the dresses, while another was getting the flowers from the hotel entrance (they turned out beautifully!!!). We all got ready and everyone was happy with their hair and my make up was amazing as well! I felt so pretty. ;)

We decided to check on the decorations and while we were walking towards the Bamboo Room, I heard someone yell "Nicole?" We turned around and Sascha Gluck took the first picture. HE IS SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME! He was there super early, and hands down, was probably the best decision we made. We got a teaser pic already and wowsa, it is amazing! So after we checked the room, we walked back to my room and some of the girls did their make up, while my one bridesmaid tried to cover up the bug bites my MOH had. Holy shit batman, she looked terrible! Make sure you use some kind of bug spray at night! She ended up having to go to a doctor and got a shot in her bum because it got so bad. We ordered room service while we were at the Spa, so it came shortly after we got to the room. Then Sascha arrived and everything becomes a blur. Time ran by so fast. All I remember is we took all pics I wanted (and trust me, the lit was quite comprehensive, poor guy!) and at some point I realized, damn it, I am not wearing my earrings yet lol. Quickly it turned 4:45pm and we walked downstairs. We wanted to take pics at the bar but one of my bridesmaids checked the lobby first and thank God she did. Everyone was still there. But I was able to hide. Phew. Once they were gone, we took a few pics, none at the bar, but that is more than ok. :)

When the bridesmaids walked in, I realized they played the wrong song but oh so be it. They played the right song for me so I was like eff it. ;) When I got to my husband he told me that I chose the most beautiful dress and that my make up looked perfectly. I love this man! ;) After that we just cracked up, because the minister was TERRIBLE. All he had to do was read the script I had provided but apparently that was really difficult lol. It didn't matter to us - we thought it was so bad that it was just funny. We walked out to LMFAO with sunglasses on and that was FUN!

After the ceremony the sky turned dark grey. I just looked at Sascha and asked him, "It is gonna rain isn't it?" But he told me that it wouldn't. I trusted his judgment and it didn't. They know how to read the weather! So we took all kinds of pics, and Sascha made sure he took all the pics he wanted (he had the list on his phone lol). I lost my veil all the time because people stepped on it or it got caught somewhere but on this day, nothing mattered. I was in 7th heaven. <3

We saw a few pics on Sascha's camera and even without retouching them, they looked phenomenal. Can't wait to receive them!

Then it was reception time. I snuck into the room right beforehand to make sure everything was how I wanted it. It looked amazing. They did a great job! All I had to do was tell them the cake topper is missing and the memory candle needs to be lit. But that was it. :)

The next 3 hours went by so quickly. The waiters were awesome. Nobody was ever without a drink. The food was eh ok. We had the shrimp and scallops with lime vinaigrette (wasn't great), then I don't remember the second course but the steak was fine. And boy, the wedding cake was amazing! We had the cake testing the day after we arrived and it was a close call but we were happy with the almond and raspberry filling. :) We had wedding cake for the rest of our time there hehe. :)

At 10 we ended the night with "Don't Stop Believing" and it was just amazing. After that we went to the sports bar and had the after party. We changed clothes though because as much as I loved my dress, I got really hot. ;) A piece of advice if you go for a princess gown: The petticoat was a life saver!

All in all, I cannot wait to see the pics and video. It was truly one of the best days of our life and I will never forget it! If you have any doubts on your mind - don't! They know what they are doing! :)

HAPPY PLANNING ladies!

WOW!! i loved reading this! I have literally been MIA from this site and my wedding is May 31, 2014! Time is honestly flying... i still have to order my invites and my girls are still in search for their dresses! but reading your review really brought back the excitement of it all! Please post pics i would love to see them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remykion View Post

You were absolutely breath-taking. Congratulations! One question: how many tables did you have at castaways and how did you organize them. I keep going back and forth with Isela... I really don't think I want my guest to be separated with a dance floor in the middle.

Quote:

Where are you having your reception with that many people? My wedding is not till June and we already have 52 ppl booked... I'm starting to freak out! We were estimating 40!

We are doing castaways for our reception...I hear ya, I was not planning on that many people being able to come either lol...I'm sure its going to be a blast though...almost there!!!!!!!!! How's the planning coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Graf View Post

6 was a little empty, not majorly awkward but if you can, I thought 8 was perfect!

So now, here we go, my back and married post because today I am having the post wedding blues because it is over and I am sad lol.

It was beautiful. They are doing a really great job! There were a few minor issues but nothing that I would say "God, they really messed up".

We met Pilar the day we arrived (Saturday). She knows what she is doing and when she saw how I had everything prepared, she asked if I wanted to move to Mexico, she would hire me lol. I had everything in labeled bags and pictures of how I wanted it to make it idiot proof. Yes, I am controlling hehe. Anyway, she saw my seating chart and asked if I really wanted to use Castaways or if I was open to switching to the Bamboo Room because it would work better for our group. So we walked over to both locations and she was right. The Bamboo Room is beautiful and it was an easy decision for us. As for the payment. I had called my bank and they told me they would charge 3% foreign transaction fee. I remember we had the discussion here, which made me look at our statement from the deposit where we didn't pay the fee. So in my mind, there had to be a way around it. So I asked Pilar if we could pay the way we payed for the deposit. She told me it would be a different compartment but she would ask. She did, we payed and voila, 90 bucks in our pocket. :)

On Sunday we had our welcome party, where we planned trips. That day I had my hair and make up trial. Holy cow, was I glad I did it. They use SO much make up. I am only 30 and you could see the wrinkles around my eyes because the make up was so heavy. So the day of I knew I had to tell them only eye make up, I take care of the rest. The hair trial was great. She didn't use my extensions but I got the point how it would look which was what I wanted to get out of the trial. I forgot who I had but she was sweet. Unfortunately, she barely spoke English, so when I tried to tell her she could use the fake eye lashes because I had more of them, she didn't understand and kept telling me we would use those on Wednesday. Somehow I managed to tell her "Tengo mas para Wednesday" and THEN she understood. The eye make up was good but my husband didn't really like it, possibly because the rest of the make up was so heavy. The day of though he loved it. :)

Due to our trips we had to do rehearsal dinner the day of our bach parties right beforehand. So rehearsal dinner wasn't right after but the night before the wedding. We had it arranged at the buffet (my husband didn't like the buffet but he thought the restaurant food was good - I am less picky and was fine with buffet lol) but when we got there it was closed. Uhm. Ok? So we had a group of 21 people and nowhere to go. We ended up at the show buffet but the show was terrible and we couldn't all sit together, so there went the rehearsal dinner. Oh well.

The day of we woke up at around 10am, ordered room service, and then went to the pool for like half an hour to see if somebody else was there from our group. I had to leave at like 11:15am because I wanted to be at the Spa at 12:30pm. For some reason I had no motivation. The weather wasn't particularly nice, so I got coffee at Coco and sat a little on the balcony just to relax. Of course then I ran into time problems lol because I still had to iron my bridal robe and I had a bride application for a white top that I still had to iron on. Once that was done I had like 20 minutes left to shower and blow dry my hair. Oh, and of course I had forgotten to do my eye brows beforehand so that needed to be taken care of as well. Anyway, it all worked out. At 12:20 my one bridesmaid came to bring all the dresses, while another was getting the flowers from the hotel entrance (they turned out beautifully!!!). We all got ready and everyone was happy with their hair and my make up was amazing as well! I felt so pretty. ;)

We decided to check on the decorations and while we were walking towards the Bamboo Room, I heard someone yell "Nicole?" We turned around and Sascha Gluck took the first picture. HE IS SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME! He was there super early, and hands down, was probably the best decision we made. We got a teaser pic already and wowsa, it is amazing! So after we checked the room, we walked back to my room and some of the girls did their make up, while my one bridesmaid tried to cover up the bug bites my MOH had. Holy shit batman, she looked terrible! Make sure you use some kind of bug spray at night! She ended up having to go to a doctor and got a shot in her bum because it got so bad. We ordered room service while we were at the Spa, so it came shortly after we got to the room. Then Sascha arrived and everything becomes a blur. Time ran by so fast. All I remember is we took all pics I wanted (and trust me, the lit was quite comprehensive, poor guy!) and at some point I realized, damn it, I am not wearing my earrings yet lol. Quickly it turned 4:45pm and we walked downstairs. We wanted to take pics at the bar but one of my bridesmaids checked the lobby first and thank God she did. Everyone was still there. But I was able to hide. Phew. Once they were gone, we took a few pics, none at the bar, but that is more than ok. :) 

When the bridesmaids walked in, I realized they played the wrong song but oh so be it. They played the right song for me so I was like eff it. ;) When I got to my husband he told me that I chose the most beautiful dress and that my make up looked perfectly. I love this man! ;) After that we just cracked up, because the minister was TERRIBLE. All he had to do was read the script I had provided but apparently that was really difficult lol. It didn't matter to us - we thought it was so bad that it was just funny. We walked out to LMFAO with sunglasses on and that was FUN!

After the ceremony the sky turned dark grey. I just looked at Sascha and asked him, "It is gonna rain isn't it?" But he told me that it wouldn't. I trusted his judgment and it didn't. They know how to read the weather! So we took all kinds of pics, and Sascha made sure he took all the pics he wanted (he had the list on his phone lol). I lost my veil all the time because people stepped on it or it got caught somewhere but on this day, nothing mattered. I was in 7th heaven. <3

We saw a few pics on Sascha's camera and even without retouching them, they looked phenomenal. Can't wait to receive them!

Then it was reception time. I snuck into the room right beforehand to make sure everything was how I wanted it. It looked amazing. They did a great job! All I had to do was tell them the cake topper is missing and the memory candle needs to be lit. But that was it. :)

The next 3 hours went by so quickly. The waiters were awesome. Nobody was ever without a drink. The food was eh ok. We had the shrimp and scallops with lime vinaigrette (wasn't great), then I don't remember the second course but the steak was fine. And boy, the wedding cake was amazing! We had the cake testing the day after we arrived and it was a close call but we were happy with the almond and raspberry filling. :) We had wedding cake for the rest of our time there hehe. :)

At 10 we ended the night with "Don't Stop Believing" and it was just amazing. After that we went to the sports bar and had the after party. We changed clothes though because as much as I loved my dress, I got really hot. ;) A piece of advice if you go for a princess gown: The petticoat was a life saver!

All in all, I cannot wait to see the pics and video. It was truly one of the best days of our life and I will never forget it! If you have any doubts on your mind - don't! They know what they are doing! :)

HAPPY PLANNING ladies! 

Congratulations!!!! So glad to hear everything went well...Your post got me super excited!! I'm also excited to hear how good Sascha was, he'll being doing our wedding in Jan!! I started freaking out a little bit last week that I was spending the extra money on an outside photographer, but now i'm sure about my decision again lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMassRN007 View Post

Quote:

Where are you having your reception with that many people? My wedding is not till June and we already have 52 ppl booked... I'm starting to freak out! We were estimating 40!

We are doing castaways for our reception...I hear ya, I was not planning on that many people being able to come either lol...I'm sure its going to be a blast though...almost there!!!!!!!!!

How's the planning coming along?

It's coming slowly! Got the big stuff booked/bought! Now just picking out invites.. it seems soo far away still but I'm sure the next 7 month will fly by in no time :)