Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

 

Hey ladies!

It's been a while since my last post but I was wondering where everyone was going for their honeymoon after now jade if they were planning on it? My FI and I definitely want to move to another resort to honeymoon alone for a few days but not sure where to go. Anyone have any god spots to honeymoon at?

Thanks!

I know I'm minority here. Almost everyone on these boards says to transfer resorts after the wedding for the honeymoon. We thought hard about it. In the end we decided not to transfer resorts. We had 60 of our friends and family traveling for our wedding. I couldn't imagine going to a different resort after the wedding. I think it would be crazy to be at a resort in Cancun just a few miles away from where 60 family members and friends are partying. All of them live across the US so it's VERY rare that we are all in the same place. It was such an amazing time hanging out with everyone. My husband and I will have to rest of our lives to vacation by ourselves. I am so happy we decided to stay at the resort and party with everyone.

 

This is only my opinion and I'm sure others disagree :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

We did not do a welcome dinner. We did a "Welcome Cocktail", meet and greet type thing the evening before the wedding. We just all met in the lobby bar. Just a chance for everyone to get to meet each other before the wedding. We put this in our brochure, something along the lines of "After dinner, join us in the lobby bar for some cocktails and to mingle and get to know each other." Something like that.. I wanted to be sure to put the "after dinner" line so people knew there would be no food. We also took this opportunity to hand out our welcome bags. 

 

I didn't have any activities organized for our guest. Everyone did their own thing during the day. A bunch of us were at the pool often and did do Zumba and water arobeics, wine tasting too. All the activities are listed in the Sun Dial they give you daily. They always have something going on at the pool. Water polo, water balloon fights, beach volleyball, pool volleyball. There's always something!

THANK YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I am feeling SO torn right now. A beach wedding has always been my dream!! My fiancé definitely wants a Mexico destination wedding as well. The problem is, it's a lot to ask of people who don't know and love Mexico to spend their hard earned money to travel out of the country for our wedding- my 5 sisters and their families included. Anyone have some good advice on how to make everyone happy without spending a fortune! I feel like I'm torn between doing what me and my FI want...or having my family there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LandonO View Post

 

Hello all, I am feeling SO torn right now. A beach wedding has always been my dream!! My fiancé definitely wants a Mexico destination wedding as well. The problem is, it's a lot to ask of people who don't know and love Mexico to spend their hard earned money to travel out of the country for our wedding- my 5 sisters and their families included.

Anyone have some good advice on how to make everyone happy without spending a fortune! I feel like I'm torn between doing what me and my FI want...or having my family there.

You have to do what you want to do! My family was not happy about us having a destination wedding but I said that this is what we wanted and if they didn't want to come, they didn't have to. We only had 15 others come (all immediate family) but afterwards most of them said that they had a blast! My sister and brother in law are hard to please and since it wasn't what they did for their wedding they thought I was crazy. The rest of the family had no complaints after the wedding. You just have to remember that this is your day and you have to do what will make you happy! You could always compromise and have a reception back home. That's what I had to do to make my parents happy. People need to look at like this: they aren't just spending the money to go to a wedding, they are getting a really nice vacation out of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

 

Hey ladies!

It's been a while since my last post but I was wondering where everyone was going for their honeymoon after now jade if they were planning on it? My FI and I definitely want to move to another resort to honeymoon alone for a few days but not sure where to go. Anyone have any god spots to honeymoon at?

Thanks!

Good luck there are so many to choose from and Now Jade is supposed to be fabulous.. I was worried about picking a place that would be a let down after Jade, so we're going to Secrets Maroma for our 2nd week. It's supposed to be wonderful. I will give a review when we get back in December. We wanted a week alone after spending the first week with family and friends (some are staying at the same resort for a second week).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

 

Hey ladies!

It's been a while since my last post but I was wondering where everyone was going for their honeymoon after now jade if they were planning on it? My FI and I definitely want to move to another resort to honeymoon alone for a few days but not sure where to go. Anyone have any god spots to honeymoon at?

Thanks!

We are spending a few days at The Royal in Cancun.  I've never been, but it looks great on Trip Advisor and it was highly recommended by our TA.  Here's the link on Trip Advsior: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d642781-Reviews-The_Royal-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

 

Another hotel our travel agent recommended was Le Blanc also in Cancun but this was quite a bit more expensive than The Royal.  Let us know what you decide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

We did not do a welcome dinner. We did a "Welcome Cocktail", meet and greet type thing the evening before the wedding. We just all met in the lobby bar. Just a chance for everyone to get to meet each other before the wedding. We put this in our brochure, something along the lines of "After dinner, join us in the lobby bar for some cocktails and to mingle and get to know each other." Something like that.. I wanted to be sure to put the "after dinner" line so people knew there would be no food. We also took this opportunity to hand out our welcome bags. 

 

I didn't have any activities organized for our guest. Everyone did their own thing during the day. A bunch of us were at the pool often and did do Zumba and water arobeics, wine tasting too. All the activities are listed in the Sun Dial they give you daily. They always have something going on at the pool. Water polo, water balloon fights, beach volleyball, pool volleyball. There's always something!

 

How were you both able to put together a program/brochure for guests when so many of  the details are unknown until you get down there (i.e. exact meeting times/locations)?  I'd love to do something like this, but not sure how or what to include.  Can I trouble you for a picture of your program?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by leka4581 View Post

 

 

How were you both able to put together a program/brochure for guests when so many of  the details are unknown until you get down there (i.e. exact meeting times/locations)?  I'd love to do something like this, but not sure how or what to include.  Can I trouble you for a picture of your program?  Thanks!

We provided our own ceremony script so the ceremony program timeline was easy.

 

For the brochure, I just kind of winged it. I knew I wanted our Welcome Cocktails the night before at 8pm so I just put it in there and everyone met there at 8pm. For the wedding day, I told everyone to arrive at the Pergola at 4:45 but everyone actually meets in the lobby, which I did not know. But everyone figured it out and it all worked out perfectly :)

 

Here's the ceremony program:

700

 

And the brochure we mailed about 25 days before the wedding:

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello all, I am feeling SO torn right now. A beach wedding has always been my dream!! My fiancé definitely wants a Mexico destination wedding as well. The problem is, it's a lot to ask of people who don't know and love Mexico to spend their hard earned money to travel out of the country for our wedding- my 5 sisters and their families included. Anyone have some good advice on how to make everyone happy without spending a fortune! I feel like I'm torn between doing what me and my FI want...or having my family there. We decided what we wanted and quickly realised that certain people would probably not be able to afford it so as hard as it was we decided that the only time we would cancel was if our parents couldn't be there.........i have one sister and 4 brothers and I actually only have 1 brother out of my siblings coming ;-( we have 21 coming in total and will be having a reception on our return so you hAve to do what YOU and your fiancé want. It hurts me that my sister can not be there but we always said we would never get married in the uk. Good luck Xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

Hey ladies!
It's been a while since my last post but I was wondering where everyone was going for their honeymoon after now jade if they were planning on it? My FI and I definitely want to move to another resort to honeymoon alone for a few days but not sure where to go. Anyone have any god spots to honeymoon at?
Thanks!

 

We are staying at Now Jade with family for 6 days...Considering my fiance and I have never gone on a real vacation together, we are then going to the Excellence Riviera Maya (only a tiny distance away) to have some alone time with each other. Good luck in your search!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×