OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by uhaft View Post

Hello Ladies!

I was originally have problems as well trying to pick songs for each part of the wedding so I know how frustrating it may seem! Here is a list of the songs I chose.  I put them on my ipod and handed it over the the wedding coordinator the day of the wedding and she takes care of changing the songs for you.  They have their own microphone and speakers set up as well. Usually guests start seating no more than 30 minutes in advance.  So I picked out 5 songs to play. I hope this helps!

Prelude

Because you loved me-celine dion

Amazed-lonestar

Everything I Do, I Do It For You- Bryan Adams

The way I am-Ingrid Michaelson

You and I-Michael Bubble

Processional

Can you feel the love tonight-elton john

Bride entrance

marry me-train

Recessional

I Do- 98 degrees

During the reception I picked the 3 main dances and let the dj take care of the rest! He plays songs based on the type of crowed you have.  He did a great job!

First Dance

Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

Father-Daughter Dance

you raise me up- josh groban

Mother-Son Dance

A Mother's Love by Jim Brickman

Okay another question about music to the ladies that have been there.  I am getting married at the Pergola Deck.  Would a 6 minute long be long enough for 2 bridemaids and then me to walk down the isle too.  I fear that it would be way too long for me to walk to.  When there is 2 minutes left in the song there is an awesome part in the song for me to walk out to.  If you want to listen to the song and tell me if you would think that it would work it is Everything by Lifehouse.  I have wanted this song since I met my fiancee and we have been together for 7 years tomorrow!!!

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

You looked so beautiful!! Isn't it fun to watch the ceremony and relive it again since it goes by so fast?!?! :)

Oh wow, you both got your videos already?  I was still waiting on my video!!!! 

Umi, I just watched your video and it made me tear up!  I really loved the rain.  I think it made for such a beautiful setting :)

Katie, I want to see your video!!!!

I had brought my own photographer but decided to stick with the videographer from the resort.  I think they did a pretty good job.  Ours was 35 minutes long.  It was nice watching the whole ceremony as a spectator for once! It brings back nice memories!

Here is a link the our wedding video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8h2jxq7dkfbmes/Umi%20%26%20William.mp4

UMI you looked absolutely RADIANT! What a beautiful wedding, even with the rain. I love your bridesmaid's dresses - where are they from?

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for such kind words!

ashleyblayne: You can always start playing your song and just start walking once your part comes on. Otherwise I am not sure how you will work this out.

Kerri: I would contact Pilar.  You should have definitely gotten yours by now! My video was actually longer but for some reason the whole file didn't upload! My video was 35 minutes long.  It had some of our guests speaking during the cocktail hour and it also had our first dances at the reception.  Oh well...

brgephar: our bridal dress can be ordered at many bridal shops.  It is from the Bill Levkoff designer.  Here is the link to the dress http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/157 we had the glacier color.

Originally Posted by Cheerios View Post

Hi,

How much did the resort charge for the bridesmaid hair and makeup?? and how long was the rehearsal? Pilar haven't replied to my many emails, I'm getting nervous cos a lot of stuff I didn't do yet with her.

If you get the wedding package your hair and makeup is included.  Otherwise it is $59 for hair. The rehearsal itself only took 10 minutes if that.  We had a dinner after the rehearsal which lasted about an hour.

Originally Posted by Cheerios View Post

Hi,

How much did the resort charge for the bridesmaid hair and makeup?? and how long was the rehearsal? Pilar haven't replied to my many emails, I'm getting nervous cos a lot of stuff I didn't do yet with her.

We didn't have a rehearsal but I didn't have a wedding party so I didn't think we needed it.

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for such kind words!

ashleyblayne: You can always start playing your song and just start walking once your part comes on. Otherwise I am not sure how you will work this out.

Kerri: I would contact Pilar.  You should have definitely gotten yours by now! My video was actually longer but for some reason the whole file didn't upload! My video was 35 minutes long.  It had some of our guests speaking during the cocktail hour and it also had our first dances at the reception.  Oh well...

brgephar: our bridal dress can be ordered at many bridal shops.  It is from the Bill Levkoff designer.  Here is the link to the dress http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/157 we had the glacier color.

Wow they stayed for part of your reception? Did you pay extra? They did the ceremony and maybe stayed for about 10 minutes of the cocktail hour...the girl was mad at my photographer though because he wanted her to move her camera during the ceremony and she wouldnt so maybe that is why!

Originally Posted by KerriCornell View Post

Oh wow, you both got your videos already?  I was still waiting on my video!!!! 

Umi, I just watched your video and it made me tear up!  I really loved the rain.  I think it made for such a beautiful setting :)

Katie, I want to see your video!!!!

Kerri - you didn't get your video yet? I got mine probably 2 weeks after we got home...I would contact Pilar or someone to see what happened to it! And trust me...you don't want to see my video with me and my awkwardness haha! I hate watching myself...I laugh when I am nervous and apparently I was nervous because there was a lot of weird laughing going on! :)