Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso View Post

 

I was told you have to pay extra for every guest that you have ! Im having about 60 also. The cost is SOOO much when you have this many more people. You have to pay additional $15 pp just for cocktail hour, which makes no sense to me, when your staying at an all inclusive ! I would rather skip the cocktail hour all together and tell people just go to the bars in the hotel , but they dont let you 

We are skipping the cocktail hour so we have an additional 4 dinners instead. I wasn't aware that guests can't get drinks elsewhere in the hotel?? Why wouldn't the staff allow guests to do that? If they are paying for an all inclusive stay I don't see why it would matter if they are in their beach wear or wedding attire? This is concerning.. worried2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was curious to know if anyone is considering having their legal ceremony done after their wedding ceremony at Now Jade? We are having a symbolic ceremony done on the beach but are thinking of coordinating our legal ceremony after coming back from Mexico in Ontario Canada to be exact. Can this be done? Or do you legally need to be married before having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico? Does any paperwork need to be brought in order to have a symbolic ceremony at Now Jade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 1dutchie View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso View Post

 

I was told you have to pay extra for every guest that you have ! Im having about 60 also. The cost is SOOO much when you have this many more people. You have to pay additional $15 pp just for cocktail hour, which makes no sense to me, when your staying at an all inclusive ! I would rather skip the cocktail hour all together and tell people just go to the bars in the hotel , but they dont let you 

We are skipping the cocktail hour so we have an additional 4 dinners instead. I wasn't aware that guests can't get drinks elsewhere in the hotel?? Why wouldn't the staff allow guests to do that? If they are paying for an all inclusive stay I don't see why it would matter if they are in their beach wear or wedding attire? This is concerning.. worried2.gif

 

That is so strange? How can they control where people are drinking or even eating for that matter? It's all inclusive?  aren't there multiple bars around the resort??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 1dutchie View Post

 

I was curious to know if anyone is considering having their legal ceremony done after their wedding ceremony at Now Jade? We are having a symbolic ceremony done on the beach but are thinking of coordinating our legal ceremony after coming back from Mexico in Ontario Canada to be exact. Can this be done? Or do you legally need to be married before having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico? Does any paperwork need to be brought in order to have a symbolic ceremony at Now Jade?

 

We are doing that, the day of our AHR, we scheduled a ceremony at our catholic church with only our immediate families attending. It was really important to my mother and grandmother, so that's why we're doing it.  Also- it wsa going to end up costing us a smal fortune to do the legal wedding, ocne we factored in all the bllodwork, translations etc... I actually didnt even tell Pilar that, nor did she ask.  We just said we were haivng a symbolic ceremony, and that was that.  I don't believe any paperwork is required for a symbolic ceremony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

 

We are doing that, the day of our AHR, we scheduled a ceremony at our catholic church with only our immediate families attending. It was really important to my mother and grandmother, so that's why we're doing it.  Also- it wsa going to end up costing us a smal fortune to do the legal wedding, ocne we factored in all the bllodwork, translations etc... I actually didnt even tell Pilar that, nor did she ask.  We just said we were haivng a symbolic ceremony, and that was that.  I don't believe any paperwork is required for a symbolic ceremony?

no paperwork is required to do a symbolic ceremony there. They don't even ask if you were married in the states or plan to get married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

 

We are doing that, the day of our AHR, we scheduled a ceremony at our catholic church with only our immediate families attending. It was really important to my mother and grandmother, so that's why we're doing it.  Also- it wsa going to end up costing us a smal fortune to do the legal wedding, ocne we factored in all the bllodwork, translations etc... I actually didnt even tell Pilar that, nor did she ask.  We just said we were haivng a symbolic ceremony, and that was that.  I don't believe any paperwork is required for a symbolic ceremony?

Thank you for clarifying that! We were thinking of having our legal ceremony done close to our actual ceremony/destination wedding beforehand. We are having the ceremony on January 16th. But, considering it is so close to Christmas and we will be busy getting ready for our wedding I am thinking after might be better.

 

I have been thinking about it a lot and I feel as though it would feel more official if we were to do our legal ceremony/ "paperwork" after getting back to Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Vika View Post

 

no paperwork is required to do a symbolic ceremony there. They don't even ask if you were married in the states or plan to get married.

Thank you cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's awesome that you could make an appointment! I'm pretty sure our courthouse told us it's first come first serve! Now I want to call back and check!
I figured it was going to be that way too but they do 2 time slots a day and that's it, kinda nice, though I didn't care since this is more of a paperwork formality than a wedding to us, we will count our wedding in Mexico as the real deal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kal520 View Post

 

 

I figured it was going to be that way too but they do 2 time slots a day and that's it, kinda nice, though I didn't care since this is more of a paperwork formality than a wedding to us, we will count our wedding in Mexico as the real deal :)

Exactly! Us too.. We don't even want to say any vows.. We just want to sign the 'paperwork'! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exactly! Us too.. We don't even want to say any vows.. We just want to sign the 'paperwork'! :)
I know! I asked if we HAD to say vows and they said yes, lol the lady was probably like what a weirdo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×