Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by jc2488 View Post

 

I had the exact same question for Deisy!

 

she informed me that the new package for 2013 does not include the Dj and they replaced it with a guitar player or vionlinist.  So the DJ you are paying for separately.

 

Because of this we changed are times since the reception is only 3 hours

4-5 - Ceremony

5-6 family pic

6-7 - cocktail hour

7-10 - Reception

 

We might pay the extra fee for the extra hour ..3 hours does not seem like enough time at all.

hi ya, yeh this was my issue too, my ceremony is 4pm-5pm, i think your time scedules is a great idea- i think i will copy you!!!! i also think 3 hours isnt long enough at all- we will defo pay for the extra hour... imagine if you didnt add the family pics hour your reception would finish at 9pm...!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mic813 View Post

 

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

 

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

 

482482_10151479253886661_302802547_n.jpg

 

Congrats - looks lovely!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jc2488 View Post

 

I had the exact same question for Deisy!

 

she informed me that the new package for 2013 does not include the Dj and they replaced it with a guitar player or vionlinist.  So the DJ you are paying for separately.

 

Because of this we changed are times since the reception is only 3 hours

4-5 - Ceremony

5-6 family pic

6-7 - cocktail hour

7-10 - Reception

 

We might pay the extra fee for the extra hour ..3 hours does not seem like enough time at all.

 

We are using the DJ in place of the live music, so that's always an option- you only get the DJ for two hours though, so we are using an ipad for the dinner hour, and then the DJ for the remaining two hours.  I agree, three hours is SO short, but budget-wise, we can't do it- that might change once we're there...we'll see!

 

We have a similar timeline

Ceremony 4pm (the sun sets at 5:30!)

Cocktail Hour 5-7pm - I think offiically only for an hour, but then people can relax for a bit before dinner.

Dinner 7-10pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of DJ, our travel agent told us the Doremixx is no longer available (or will charge a 24% increase in pricing), so the resort now uses Abispl DJ Company.   Has anyone heard of them?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of DJ, our travel agent told us the Doremixx is no longer available (or will charge a 24% increase in pricing), so the resort now uses Abispl DJ Company.   Has anyone heard of them?  
Kristen, Does this apply even if we already have him booked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

Speaking of DJ, our travel agent told us the Doremixx is no longer available (or will charge a 24% increase in pricing), so the resort now uses Abispl DJ Company.   Has anyone heard of them?

 

 

Kristen,

Does this apply even if we already have him booked?

 

I don't know :(  It really sucks too, because I never specifically asked for him, I just assumed it would be him, as he was contracted with the resort.  Now we're stuck with this company I have never heard of and has no google existence either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mic813 View Post

 

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

 

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

 

482482_10151479253886661_302802547_n.jpg

congrats!!!! i looked for you a couple of times, but saw your bridesmaids instead lol!!! i watched the ceremony from our balcony! it was so lovely! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just got married last week. Deisy and Pilar took care of everything! they were amazing!!! I brought 3 suitcases full of wedding stuff and they managed to decorate and do exactly what I asked. They are very organize. I wish I can relive the day again. Will start working on a review shortly.

 

here is a photo one of the guests took

484645_666853779663_370060119_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

 

We are using the DJ in place of the live music, so that's always an option- you only get the DJ for two hours though, so we are using an ipad for the dinner hour, and then the DJ for the remaining two hours.  I agree, three hours is SO short, but budget-wise, we can't do it- that might change once we're there...we'll see!

 

We have a similar timeline

Ceremony 4pm (the sun sets at 5:30!)

Cocktail Hour 5-7pm - I think offiically only for an hour, but then people can relax for a bit before dinner.

Dinner 7-10pm

Kristen,

 

Do you mean the sun sets at 7:30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mic813 & Vika,

 

Your photos are beautiful! Congrats to you both! Can't wait to read your reviews!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×