Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

No...you're right. If you're in a restaurant music isn't allowed. sad.gif

Hi,

 

I did read that some of the restaurants have private terraces, i was hoping that we could maybe rent the terrace for a small fee and just move the party out there and then we could hire the sound system to play our ipod (im sure i read someone that you could do this for 500 usd, this price does seem a bit high for ONLY 2 hrs so i would need to weigh up the options first) 

 

This site is so helpful i am really happy i found it so soon before we get married, its fab to get ideas from everyone :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ironman View Post

 

Thanks for posting this. I've been really curious to see how the extras all add up and how they document it. 

 

This is actually my first post, but I've been reading pages and pages of threads on Now Jade. Thank you all for sharing your info on your weddings, it's helping us make our decision on if we want a destination wedding or if we should organize one in Canada.

 

I am new on here to and have already found it so helpful x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning,

 

Can anyone tell me the name of the photagrapher that Now Jade use  if booking as an extra with the moments package?

 

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by remykion View Post

 

Good Morning,

 

Can anyone tell me the name of the photographer that Now Jade use  if booking as an extra with the moments package?

 

x

Here is link to the post relating to some photo information.  Maybe this will help you out with some questions.  Also, here is a copy from their wedding brochure that lists some prices.

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by remykion View Post

 

Hi,

 

I did read that some of the restaurants have private terraces, i was hoping that we could maybe rent the terrace for a small fee and just move the party out there and then we could hire the sound system to play our ipod (im sure i read someone that you could do this for 500 usd, this price does seem a bit high for ONLY 2 hrs so i would need to weigh up the options first) 

 

This site is so helpful i am really happy i found it so soon before we get married, its fab to get ideas from everyone :-)

 

The use of a terrace space is $500.  that does not include anything other than the physical space.  Then there is a $150 (plus tax) fee for the rental of a sound system to use with your ipod.  I believe that you are then allowed the use of the sounds system for 3 hours.  Depending on what else is out there, there may also be a $200 setup fee.  I have heard this sometimes applies depending on what is involved.  We are choosing to rent the Carnival Terrace for after dinner.  We are also going to have a DJ at this event to help get things exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

700

 

Not at all, keep in mind, at the time, we had 38 adults and 2 children, now we have 40 adults and 3 children, so it will only go up :( Can you see it below? If not, I can email it to you, no worries.

 

I am extremely worried about the costs of my wedding spiraling out of control and a $2199 package turning into $5000. What confuses me the most is that there are some people who are getting fees waived (such as the podium, decoration fees, outside passes, etc.) I also read somewhere that the additional hours of the reception were waived, which to me sounds very reasonable considering that the resort wouldn't even be using the reception space from say 10:00 PM until 11:00 PM, so charging for the extra hour to me just sounds like a cash grab.

 

I don't want to be a jerk but I am going to have to be firm and negotiate some of these extra fees because I simply can't afford to be nickel and dimed and I would prefer to be giving extra money to the actual resort workers rather than to the resort.

 

Sigh.

 

- Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Retro Couple View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

 

700

 

Not at all, keep in mind, at the time, we had 38 adults and 2 children, now we have 40 adults and 3 children, so it will only go up :( Can you see it below? If not, I can email it to you, no worries.

 

I am extremely worried about the costs of my wedding spiraling out of control and a $2199 package turning into $5000. What confuses me the most is that there are some people who are getting fees waived (such as the podium, decoration fees, outside passes, etc.) I also read somewhere that the additional hours of the reception were waived, which to me sounds very reasonable considering that the resort wouldn't even be using the reception space from say 10:00 PM until 11:00 PM, so charging for the extra hour to me just sounds like a cash grab.

 

I don't want to be a jerk but I am going to have to be firm and negotiate some of these extra fees because I simply can't afford to be nickel and dimed and I would prefer to be giving extra money to the actual resort workers rather than to the resort.

 

Sigh.

 

- Chris

 

 

I totally agree, it seems like its just luck of the draw as to whether some fees get waived or not. We personally are not in the position to take that chance, so we're finding that we are starting to cut things that we really don't want to, but we definitely can't afford $5500 for the pkg. we have our travel agent from BPDW trying to liaise with Pilar but she even told us last wk that Pilar isn't flexible swapping out anything for anything else, when, in the past, she has.  Seems like they're becoming more strict. Thing is with the Divine pkg, there's a lot of stuff we don't necessarily want (ie. private transfers, couples massage) but wish we could use the "value" of those towards something else. I'm wondering if its best to try and negotiate once we get there.  Or maybe we should have just gone a la carte with the whole wedding. Sigh is right! :s

 

Kristen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The use of a terrace space is $500.  that does not include anything other than the physical space.  Then there is a $150 (plus tax) fee for the rental of a sound system to use with your ipod.  I believe that you are then allowed the use of the sounds system for 3 hours.  Depending on what else is out there, there may also be a $200 setup fee.  I have heard this sometimes applies depending on what is involved.  We are choosing to rent the Carnival Terrace for after dinner.  We are also going to have a DJ at this event to help get things exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The use of a terrace space is $500.  that does not include anything other than the physical space.  Then there is a $150 (plus tax) fee for the rental of a sound system to use with your ipod.  I believe that you are then allowed the use of the sounds system for 3 hours.  Depending on what else is out there, there may also be a $200 setup fee.  I have heard this sometimes applies depending on what is involved.  We are choosing to rent the Carnival Terrace for after dinner.  We are also going to have a DJ at this event to help get things exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The use of a terrace space is $500.  that does not include anything other than the physical space.  Then there is a $150 (plus tax) fee for the rental of a sound system to use with your ipod.  I believe that you are then allowed the use of the sounds system for 3 hours.  Depending on what else is out there, there may also be a $200 setup fee.  I have heard this sometimes applies depending on what is involved.  We are choosing to rent the Carnival Terrace for after dinner.  We are also going to have a DJ at this event to help get things exciting. [/quote Thank you for this info. We would have chosen the divine pkg but there are lots of things on there we dont really want. It would be a shame to not hold a private event but we are quite happy to just have food and drinks with friends and family.........il take the party back to my room lol. No seriously we are having a big reception at home on our return so i wont feel cheated out of one. I will wait to see what they can offer within our price range first but we wont be paying silly money to be hiring room space for a few hrs :-)) xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×