Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Oooohhh okay. That's pretty reasonable. I was gonna go with the $1500 photo package anyways so that is very reasonable. I just haven't heard many great reviews on the resort photographer. So if you have a separate photographer, are there other fees to bring him to the resort??
Yes, we have go pay $65pp for he and his wife to come...plus we decided to invite them to dinner. I actually talked to him today and said their website was changing servers, which is why it was finicky over the last few days. You should be able to check it out now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jenniferandjeff View Post

 

My wedding is in 3 weeks and I am not getting any response from Pilar. Hoping that you gals can help me out. Can we use American dollars or do we need to convert our money over to pesos? We plan to do some shopping in Playa Del Carmen and excursions, do you think they will take American dollars too?

 

Thanks!

Jenn

Any where on the resort you can use American Dollars. I am pretty sure any of the shops/excursions take american money but if not, I think the resort has somewhere you can convert your money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jenniferandjeff View Post

 

My wedding is in 3 weeks and I am not getting any response from Pilar. Hoping that you gals can help me out. Can we use American dollars or do we need to convert our money over to pesos? We plan to do some shopping in Playa Del Carmen and excursions, do you think they will take American dollars too?

 

Thanks!

Jenn

Hey Jenn,

 

My wedding is less than 2 months and I am starting to get really frustrated by the lack of response from Pilar.  My mom ended up adding a calling package to Mexico to her Verizon cell phone plan for $3.99 month and the minutes are really cheap.  She called Pilar directly and got a lot of our questions answered.  Pilar said she was going to send me an email confirming everything we talked about but of course I never received it.  So maybe try giving her a call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Brides ~ I know it is frustrating that Pilar takes forever to respond but TRUST me...she knows what she is doing. You will go over everything with her once you are down there and it will all turn out beautifully. They do 2 weddings/day plus can do a vow renewal also so they are ridiculously busy! The wedding coordinators get to the resort around 9am every day and I would see Pilar still there at 11:30pm! This is every single day for them. I was frustrated before I got down there but once I did I realized I was in very good hands!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies...my wedding is in a week today...and I have also not been getting anything from Pilar.  I have been emailing her for 2 weeks.  I still don't know if the DJ is booked...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  I also had to email the resort photographer to make sure he was booked and he said that he was and that Pilar was on top of everything!!!

 

Oh well, I am just going to trust that everything is going to work out!!!

 

Jenn, from past experiences in Mexico they take american or pesos everywhere, we also found being from Canada that it is cheaper for us to take money out of the bank machines there for pesos as we got a way better exchange rate then getting it from our bank here before we went down!!!  The resorts always have a bank machine on hand!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

 

Future Brides ~ I know it is frustrating that Pilar takes forever to respond but TRUST me...she knows what she is doing. You will go over everything with her once you are down there and it will all turn out beautifully. They do 2 weddings/day plus can do a vow renewal also so they are ridiculously busy! The wedding coordinators get to the resort around 9am every day and I would see Pilar still there at 11:30pm! This is every single day for them. I was frustrated before I got down there but once I did I realized I was in very good hands!

I am sure everything will be great once we arrive, but there are questions that we do need answered prior to arriving.  I know they work hard, but we still deserve a response to our questions eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone send a package to them with wedding stuff? We are are thinking of sending over the stuff that we bought since we have like 4 boxes and don't want to carry it all with us. Do you know if that is safe to do? I am worried that they are going to lose my packages! Also, does anyone know the exact address where to send?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Vika View Post

 

Did anyone send a package to them with wedding stuff? We are are thinking of sending over the stuff that we bought since we have like 4 boxes and don't want to carry it all with us. Do you know if that is safe to do? I am worried that they are going to lose my packages! Also, does anyone know the exact address where to send?

It is the opinion of many that it is best to bring your own decor/OOT items in your checked baggage. If you have friends and family available to help distribute the load than even better.  The cost for checked baggage is comparable to S&H fees (dependent on airline) and you eliminate the possibility of your items being held up in customs, or worse, lost all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

 

It is the opinion of many that it is best to bring your own decor/OOT items in your checked baggage. If you have friends and family available to help distribute the load than even better.  The cost for checked baggage is comparable to S&H fees (dependent on airline) and you eliminate the possibility of your items being held up in customs, or worse, lost all together.

We are taking a bunch of stuff with us as well, but we bought vases for the centerpieces and we won't be able to bring them in our checked bags, so we wanted to send them over. I am just worried that it will get lost on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Vika View Post

 

Did anyone send a package to them with wedding stuff? We are are thinking of sending over the stuff that we bought since we have like 4 boxes and don't want to carry it all with us. Do you know if that is safe to do? I am worried that they are going to lose my packages! Also, does anyone know the exact address where to send?

I had maraca's sent directly to the resort but they were already coming from Mexico. Everything else is best to come with you because if you send something it could get stuck in customs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×