OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• VIP Member

You must be SO excited!  That's so soon!!!

RGilberti, we don't have anyone on that exact date, but within a week around you we do.  Is that your wedding date?  Would you like me to add you?

Hey ladies,

Have any past brides used the spa in Now Jade for their make-up & if so would you have any close up photos of it please :) Were you happy with it??.

I tend not to wear foundation & if I do, I use very little. I just tend to do make up on my eyes & have my own way of applying. I got my make up done for my brothers wedding, but I didnt like it at all.

Do you recommend wearing foundation for wedding photos? I will have to buy new foundation if so, as I will have a tan & it will be hotter in Mexico than back home in Ireland :) Our wedding is in May 2013, so hoping it will be warm/hot :)

Or do you reckon, the best thing is to get my make-up done in the spa?

Thanks in advance,

Susannah

Another question ladies...

As it is just the 2 of us heading over to get married in Mexico,we are just going for the 'Your Moments' wedding package. I am just wondering, is the use of a wedding canopy/arch included in this. Is there a charge for flowers/decorations etc for it?

• VIP Member

As far as makeup goes, foundation is good for photos, it'll tend to keep you from looking oily or sweaty.  However, it's really important to NOT have mineral makeup.  It reflects in photos and makes you look more white.

Hi again Susannah!

I would definitely recommend going with the free "Your Moment" package, and just a la carting the rest if you are on a budget! We did the your moments package and just added decoration to the chairs, painted flowers (I know that sounds crazy! But it looks incredibly real!) added lights and sound equipment for dance, and just had our guests get drinks from the resort bars instead of a private cocktail hour. Here is a link to more of our pictures http://justinmarkphotography.com/blog/?p=912

Originally Posted by epauletto View Post

They quoted me the same thing but when we arrived and finalized all the details...we were never charged for the additional hour.

For the additional hour of the reception?

I just got married on 12/12/12.  It rained right up until our ceremony started (4:20pm because everyting had to move from the Pergola due to rain) but it worked out better in the end that it did.  There were very few random people on the beach to watch our wedding and get in ourpictures.  It wasn't stinking hot and none of our pictures have our weddingparty/guests squinting from the sun getting in their eyes.  It also gave us a rainbow!!!  Ironically I walked down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as it came out!!!  Insanely beautiful and unforgettable!  The skyline was fairly dramatic with the cloud cover and sun peaking through.  Made great pics!

Pilar did an amazing job, you really DONT need to worry about that at all. 

I used the resort photographer.  Fredrico did a great job, he got all the important moments and I didn't even notice him around at all.  Not as nice as Del Sol's pics on here but I love them as does my husband - he is a photographer as well.  Excellent turn around time, only 2 days. 

I used the spa for hair and make up and am SOOO happy I did.  They do an AMAZING job!  Everyone commented on my hair and make up.  I never wear make up and didn't feel like it was too much. 

The resort is BEAUTIFUL, staff/service was EXCELLENT...you will all LOVE it. 

Only reconmendation (Wish I had seen this on here before we left) is take bug spray.  For our romantic dinner on the beach I got eaten alive by mosquitos and have terrible measle like bites all over my legs.  :( 

I wouldn't change a thing about our day even with the rain!  My 52 guests LOVED the resort and are all planningn to go back in 5 years for another reunion and have decided everyone who gets married from now on needs to do a destination wedding!  You will not regret choosing this resort.