OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

'

One lesson I learned was: It rained 15 minutes before our wedding and because of this our ceremony was pushed back to 5:40pm as a result we ran out of light for pictures. If I could redo things I wished I would have been cautious and had the ceremony at 4:00pm to build in time for nature.

In regards to having people eat on their own. The food at this resort was unbelieveable at the wedding. Several guests said: "this was the best wedding meal I've ever had." Put yourself in these peoples shoes... You have spent thousands of dollars to bear witness to your day. how would tou feel to go all this way for a ceremony and cake?

It is not a big deal to have the 2.5 hrs between things. There are bars 8 feet away from everything! Plus it is so so hot, getting out of the heat is a treat!

Good luck on what you decide! In hi dsite I wish I would habe had the ceremony earlier!

Did you only have the one centerpiece? What did you do for the other tables? Did you request certain colors for the flowers?

Yes, we only had one floral centrepiece. They had it on the table behind the minister at the ceremony, and then they moved it to the head table. You can see in the pictures a little bit of what was on the head table...I brought tea lights and tea light holders that were wrapped in twine, white paper bag luminaries(they were easy to pack and cheap!) and put an led light inside, table numbers and burlap and lace table runners. That's it. Simple, but it looked really beautiful. Oh, I also had 22 paper lantern balls hanging from the ceiling. I just told them to do whatever looked best and they hung them at different lengths and it was perfect.

I see your point however when my family found out I pay per person extra they were like just have everyone go to one of the bars and party there...but to me I think having dinner together is less important bc we will just be gobbling it up at our tables...I'd rather have the dancing and the ability to have a private dance with my husband and my dad to songs we pick rather then dance at the sports bar to whatever's playing. Them saying they don't care about reception makes me think they assume that includes a dinner which I don't mind passing up if it means I can have A 3 hour dance/drink fest with everyone with a dj, speeches, and everything a wedding entails minus the meal...I'll talk with my parents tomm and see how they feel before I message pilar. It's just everything adds up and there are some things I don't want to compromise on like photographer and dj bc that's what I feel will make the memories....not just a night that whiz zed by. My brothers recent wedding reception was 6 hrs and felt too short so 3 hours is like crazy short in my mind[/quote

Ok, I was just giving my perspective! Clearly your mind is made up! Just go with what you want!

I would agree with building in time. We had our ceremony at 4...and at about 2 it was pouring, so we almost went with the back up, until 15 min later it was beautiful, so ceremony started about 4:15pm or so. I also had our cocktail hour from 5:30-6:30pm, and then the reception started at 7 and we extended it to midnight. Three hours would not have been enough. And the food...seriously...it was so so good, our guests were also raving about how good it was! I guess my thoughts are the same as @@Stack02, I figured that these people came for us, and the costs were less than having an at home wedding so I couldn't imagine not having them at dinner. We both also found that sitting at the head table, we talked about the day and it really helped to relax us and let us really take it all in! It goes by so fast! We found ways to cut back to make it a little more reasonable(hiring outside DJ, no floral centrepieces, no OOT bags). Oh, and the bar was already set up, I did not pay for it! I was also worried about that but trust me, there was no shortage of drinks!! Good luck with your choice!

Edited by candle23

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since most people seem to bring down the chair bows, do you have to have enough for the ceremony and reception, or do they move them for you?  Or do most people just have the bows at one event or another?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since most people seem to bring down the chair bows, do you have to have enough for the ceremony and reception, or do they move them for you?  Or do most people just have the bows at one event or another?

The chairs that are used at your ceremony get moved to the reception venue. So one set of bows for one set of chairs!

The chairs that are used at your ceremony get moved to the reception venue. So one set of bows for one set of chairs!

Thanks!! That's what I figured but then I started to get paranoid that I wouldn't have enough bows! 

Hello,

I have a question about transfers for the bride and groom.  Is anyone booked for 2015 that has been offered transfers?  It seems like they are offering them for 2014 but I haven't heard anything about 2015.

Thanks in advance,

Meaghen

I have a transfer but I booked in 2013. They still offered it then (it was listed in the package). I noticed they took it out of the 2014 package though. It all depends on when you booked and submitted your down payment.