OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Hey everyone! I just had my wedding last Saturday, 4/19. I am writing up a review but if anyone has any questions let me know. I'd love to share any info!

I'm getting married at Now Jade 4/18/15!  Did the wedding planners work with you on crediting items included in the package that you didn't need?  Does anyone have pros and cons of the ceremony, cocktail hour site, and reception site?  What do you think the best rehearsal dinner option is?  We are having about 70 guests.  Thank you!!

Hi Adrianne, Unfortunately, they don't really credit items from the packages. I tried to credit a couple things or switch them out for others and I had no luck...but it's always worth a shot! I just had my wedding last Saturday 4/19. We had the pergola for the ceremony, the blue bar for the cocktail hour, and the bamboo room for my reception. I'm so happy I choose these spots, they were absolutely beautiful! I would check though if they would work for your size of group because we only had 23 guests. We also just had our rehearsal in Carnival which is the buffet because it was the only option that would not cost for us. The other restaurants cost around $20-$30 per person. Good luck with the planning! 

• Like 1

Hi Megan ! Congrats on your wedding! Any tips for us newbies? Im only in the beginning stages securing the date! We are looking to have our wedding on the beach and reception in the Bamboo Room. Did you bring alot of your own supplies with you?

Hi Megan ! Congrats on your wedding! Any tips for us newbies? Im only in the beginning stages securing the date! We are looking to have our wedding on the beach and reception in the Bamboo Room. Did you bring alot of your own supplies with you?

Thanks! Congrats on pinning down the day! A beach wedding would be beautiful but just be prepared for on-lookers. We had ours at 5pm and there were still quite a few people on the beach. If your not shy (like me) or worried about sand in your heels, I'd go for it! We had ours on the pergola overlooking the beach. It was nice because it was a little more private and we still got the beautiful background. The bamboo room was perfect! We had 23 guests and used one long table inside. It definitely will fit more. We brought one piece of luggage with our decor and gifts. We brought about 25 paper lanterns for the reception, some flower tea light candle holders, Christmas lights that we put on some of the bamboo, our guest book, fans for the ceremony (which everyone loved), programs, and OOT bag things. We rented their chair bows and table runners which I thought brought a lot to the ceremony/reception. I also had them bring vases for our bridesmaid flowers and placed them around the table to add some decor.  I'll post some pictures and elaborate a little more in my review, but I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Thanks! Congrats on pinning down the day! A beach wedding would be beautiful but just be prepared for on-lookers. We had ours at 5pm and there were still quite a few people on the beach. If your not shy (like me) or worried about sand in your heels, I'd go for it! We had ours on the pergola overlooking the beach. It was nice because it was a little more private and we still got the beautiful background. The bamboo room was perfect! We had 23 guests and used one long table inside. It definitely will fit more. We brought one piece of luggage with our decor and gifts. We brought about 25 paper lanterns for the reception, some flower tea light candle holders, Christmas lights that we put on some of the bamboo, our guest book, fans for the ceremony (which everyone loved), programs, and OOT bag things. We rented their chair bows and table runners which I thought brought a lot to the ceremony/reception. I also had them bring vases for our bridesmaid flowers and placed them around the table to add some decor.  I'll post some pictures and elaborate a little more in my review, but I hope this helps!

Congrats Megan, how exciting! Was the Pergola private or were there some people standing around? What time did you start hair and make up?

Stacey

Congrats Megan, how exciting! Was the Pergola private or were there some people standing around? What time did you start hair and make up?

Stacey

Thanks! The Pergola wasn't completely private, but it wasn't like people were gathering around to watch. I think it was the most private out of the other options and it was beautiful! 

Stacey, I forgot to mention that I started my hair at 10:30 and it took about an hour and my make-up at 2 right before pictures started. I probably could have waited a little longer but we thought we'd start pictures sooner. However, it lasted all day and night!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lori and I'm getting married at the Now Jade on May 8, 2014 (Eek! So soon!!). I read this forum often, but I'm such a procrastinator that it started giving me heart palpitations because brides getting married a year after me were so much further in their planning that I was haha. I am now all caught up and was hoping to hear from some of the brides who will be there from May 3rd-10th. I have a group of 53 people joining me. The majority of the group is in their 30s. My biggest concern about the Now Jade from the inception of booking was the lack of liveliness during the day (that was not catered towards families and children) as well as the lack of nightlife. My group is no by means looking for a Spring Break in Cancun atmosphere, but can certainly be a fun and boisterous crowd. I'm sure between 50 of us, we'll be able to create our own fun, but would love to hear from previous brides regarding the atmosphere at the main pool during the day and the sports bar/disco at night or brides or brides who will be down there with me with a similar concern. I would just hate for my guests to pay all of this money to be kind of bored (but nonetheless bored in paradise!). While the TripAdvisor reviews all speak to the activities at the main pool, none really talk about music playing or fun at the pool bar or the dancing at night or anything.

Congrats Lori, and welcome to the NJ wedding thread! (: I stayed at the Jade last September, and it's absolutely wonderful. The pool area has a ton of entertainment. There is music playing by the pool area, they keep an iPod behind the swim up bar, it's mainly the stuff you hear on the radio, or whatever's "hot" lol, they have daily entertainment, and an itinerary will be left under your door every morning with whatever they have scheduled for the day, wether it's volleyball, corn hole, a fashion show, etc. Your guests will have no problem having a good time. As far as dancing goes, the sportsbar is not a club atmosphere, there is a dance floor but I spent most of my nights at the blue beach bar, or what used to be the mix bar, which had more of a relaxing, enjoy your vacation, not a worry in the world kind of atmosphere. (Bring bug spray, not sure how the weather is this time of year but the Mosquitos are vicious in Sept) I will recommend finding Darius, you'll thank me later. He is amazing! BEST. BARTENDER. EVER. And he's truly an amazing guy, so sweet. But I promise you, you're all gonna have a blast. September cannot come soon enough for us, can't wait to go back! Hope that helps & Congrats again! Xxo

From Michigan here. We are getting married the 6th and we'll be there the 3rd to the 10th. I'm sure we'll all cross paths at some point. There will be lots of people there wanting to have fun. We have 27 of us, though most are family in their 40s and 50s we've still got a group of about 8 of us that are younger (late 20s and early 30s)

Your guests seem to be around the same ages as our guests. We are expecting less than 30 people too.

Are you having a DJ? As of now we are doing a simple "First Family Dinner" with no dancing. Our parents and grandparents won't be cutting any rugs so we're thinking it would be a waste of money.

As for the younger crowd, I was thinking we could go to the club onsite to hang out or use our ocean front suite as a hang out. There would be around 10 of us.

Thoughts?

• Like 1