OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Is anyone bringing candles for their reception? Does the resort have them and how much would they be? Just seems like a pain to bring so many to Mexico.

I think I saw somewhere that you cannot have open flames only LED candles, does anyone know if this is true?

etsy is great!!!! What are you planning on getting from there?

are you doing a trash the dress session also with gonzalo? Or did you just hire him for the wedding day?

Is anyone having their reception on the terrace?? I am, and it seems like nobody else is! LOL everyone seems to go with the bamboo room or castaways.. Hoping i made the right decision :huh:

Also, for brides that have done TTD, i bought a second dress that was cheap to go in the water with. It is flowy and silky which i figured would look really pretty underwater. The problem is now that im thinking of it im pretty sure its going to be see through once i get out of the water! lol Has anyone had issues with this? What are your suggestions? Also what type of shoes did you wear when you went to the cenote (if you did).

Do they have fresh flowers to wear in your hair at now jade? If so, how well do they stay in??

agreed! etsy is a GREAT place to look for many things. got our invites on there, also many other items and and still buying more!

I think I saw somewhere that you cannot have open flames only LED candles, does anyone know if this is true?

Is anyone bringing candles for their reception? Does the resort have them and how much would they be? Just seems like a pain to bring so many to Mexico.

im sure they have candles but they prolly charge so much for them.

I am hiring an outside photographer, Del Sol, and an outside video person, Cancun Wedding Video, but I have the divine package and they are willing to use your ceremony time for a TTD and this is the gorgeous video they sent of one recently!

http://video214.com/play/tz9v2uU7G83flfxDI8sXYA/s/dark

Hope this can help someone!

:D

we had cancun wedding video as well :) they were awesome! we also used the ceremony photo time for TTD.

• Like 1

What are the various costs and photographers people are finding/using for outside vendors? I talked to Del Sol only so far and they were between $3000-5000.

del sol is amazing but i think also one of the most expensive. depending on how many hours, i think costs are between 1-5k

Are prices decent for cancun wedding video? Also, what do you mean by they used the ceremony photo time for TTD?

i think the price was good for cancun wedding video, they werent cheap, but i thought they were worth it! they were amazing leading up to the wedding day, on the wedding day, and after. i also loved their video!

divine package has a photo package that is included in it, if you are getting an outside photographer on the wedding day, you can use the photo package to have your TTD shoot.

I am hiring an outside photographer, Del Sol, and an outside video person, Cancun Wedding Video, but I have the divine package and they are willing to use your ceremony time for a TTD and this is the gorgeous video they sent of one recently!

http://video214.com/play/tz9v2uU7G83flfxDI8sXYA/s/dark

Hope this can help someone!

:D

That is so funny... I just came on to post how much I loved Adventure Photos for my wedding and I see that you have a copy of my trash the dress shoot!  Here is a link for the entire wedding slide show if you want to see the wedding photos as well!

http://video214.com/play/0yRNgByYcVC3RLcexViiDQ/s/dark

I just got married this past Saturday at Now Jade and had the time of my life.  We are so happy that we chose Now Jade.  We had the Divine package and 34 guests. We used adventure photos for the complete wedding package that included the trash the dress shoot.  Our photos came our amazing!  Fernanda was our photographer and she was great! 

Don't worry about reviews on Trip Advisor.  All of our guests had an amazing time and said that this resort was better than many others in Cancun/ Riviera Maya.  

I will try to post an entire review at some point.  We just got back yesterday and still trying to get down from cloud 9.  

One more thing to add- After the trash the dress shoot (rolling in the sand/ swimming in the pool/ etc) my dress was cleaner than it was after the reception!  I wouldn't worry about "ruining your dress" from the TTD shoot.  Mine came out cleaner! LOL and after a dry cleaning I think it will be in perfect condition!

• Like 2

That is so funny... I just came on to post how much I loved Adventure Photos for my wedding and I see that you have a copy of my trash the dress shoot!  Here is a link for the entire wedding slide show if you want to see the wedding photos as well!

http://video214.com/play/0yRNgByYcVC3RLcexViiDQ/s/dark

I just got married this past Saturday at Now Jade and had the time of my life.  We are so happy that we chose Now Jade.  We had the Divine package and 34 guests. We used adventure photos for the complete wedding package that included the trash the dress shoot.  Our photos came our amazing!  Fernanda was our photographer and she was great! 

Don't worry about reviews on Trip Advisor.  All of our guests had an amazing time and said that this resort was better than many others in Cancun/ Riviera Maya.  

I will try to post an entire review at some point.  We just got back yesterday and still trying to get down from cloud 9.  

One more thing to add- After the trash the dress shoot (rolling in the sand/ swimming in the pool/ etc) my dress was cleaner than it was after the reception!  I wouldn't worry about "ruining your dress" from the TTD shoot.  Mine came out cleaner! LOL and after a dry cleaning I think it will be in perfect condition!

gorgeous pictures!!!!