OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

I will be there the same time as you! we arrive nov 20 and get married nov 24!!! if you are planning on having 50 guests or less, i think you should look at having the reception at cast aways! seems to be a popular choice for smaller groups!

also in the same boat.....not sure about the veil!!!!

whats everyone doing for centrepieces????? 90 bucks per centrepiece is not reasonable at all!!!! any ideas???

Great, thanks, I think that Castaways is maybe what we will have to go with, because I think we will be more than 35 guests.  

• VIP Member

Good afternoon NOW Jade brides!

It has been awhile since I've updated the details on this thread.  If anyone has any new information they'd like posted, please send it to me either on here or at faberphotography@charter.net.  I would really love to double check the wedding packages and the photographer pricing, specifically.  Otherwise any information that needs to be changed or you'd like added, please let me know.

The new forum platform also no longer shows your wedding dates, so I try to read through the thread and add you as I see you post your date, but I definitely miss a bunch.  Please feel free to PM me or again email me at faberphotography@charter.net if you'd like to be added to the Bridal Roll Call.

Thanks ladies!!

• Like 3

Does anyone know about the anniversary stay, how does it work? Also, the fine print says you must stay during your actual anniversary date, which confuses me.. is this my Jade wedding or the "wedding" at home where I sign the paperwork.(we're doing a symbolic ceremony at the Jade) HELP!

Does anyone know about the anniversary stay, how does it work? Also, the fine print says you must stay during your actual anniversary date, which confuses me.. is this my Jade wedding or the "wedding" at home where I sign the paperwork.(we're doing a symbolic ceremony at the Jade) HELP!

it has to be during the time you got married at now jade. you get a coupon (you have to ask them for it) and you give to your travel agent and you get a certain amount of nights off. 

• Like 1

it has to be during the time you got married at now jade. you get a coupon (you have to ask them for it) and you give to your travel agent and you get a certain amount of nights off. 

Ok, thank you so much! I asked my TA to find out for us, because he also was unsure. 

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married October 3, 2014! I am very concerned about the photographer as I want a lot of moments caught on camera. Did a lot of you hire an outside photographer? What were you looking at for pricing?

We were thinking to have one travel in, as I read if you bring one in from outside that its $300 extra a day! 

We hired an outside photographer, for a few reasons... Getting great photos is really important to us, and something we are willing to spend a bit more of our budget on.  

When I was reading the fine print of the wedding package, the photos included stated something like "24 photos from the ceremony" so I took this as ceremony only, and not including the getting ready, recpetion, etc.  This might not be the case (I didn't check with the wedding coordinator), but I just went ahead and booked an outsider anyways...but now I am worried, because I thought the fee for getting a non-guest onto the resort for the day was $65, not $300!  I better check!!

Also a question for all...any experience with ordering from Etsy?  They have really awesome stuff for great prices, but I've never used them...are they reputable? Worth looking at??  Thanks!!

We hired an outside photographer, for a few reasons... Getting great photos is really important to us, and something we are willing to spend a bit more of our budget on.  

When I was reading the fine print of the wedding package, the photos included stated something like "24 photos from the ceremony" so I took this as ceremony only, and not including the getting ready, recpetion, etc.  This might not be the case (I didn't check with the wedding coordinator), but I just went ahead and booked an outsider anyways...but now I am worried, because I thought the fee for getting a non-guest onto the resort for the day was $65, not $300!  I better check!!

Also a question for all...any experience with ordering from Etsy?  They have really awesome stuff for great prices, but I've never used them...are they reputable? Worth looking at??  Thanks!!

I think we are also going to hire an outside photographer. I just want to have awesome photos so I am willing to pay a bit more for them! Also, the outside vendor fee at the now Jade is $65.

Etsy is amazing!! For most everything! Just check the sellers reviews to make sure.

I actually made my Save the Dates using An Etsys eller who designed the postcard and then sent me to JPEG which I had printed on thick cardstock that I bought and had printed at a UPS store since the paper was so thick it wouldn't fit in my printer. Total cost for 120 postcards was about $50.

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married October 3, 2014! I am very concerned about the photographer as I want a lot of moments caught on camera. Did a lot of you hire an outside photographer? What were you looking at for pricing?

We were thinking to have one travel in, as I read if you bring one in from outside that its $300 extra a day! 

Hi! We might see you at the Jade! We're getting married September 23, 2014 and are staying until October 1st! Our wedding is very small, but we hired Gonzalo Nunez, his work in phenomenal and we don't want to risk having just "ok" pictures for our wedding. Check out his website, he is truly talented. (and reasonably priced!!) We've been talking back and forth, and we're super excited to be working with him. www.gonzalonunez.com 

Ok and since I just freaked over the outside vendor fee, because I was told it's $65 for the photographer, I checked my forms and it's ONLY $65 for photographers.. because they're not vendors! Check the wedding planning form that Pilar sent you, it's on the "additional events during the stay" page., lol wheeew

Edited by A7Xtrish