OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Hello Brides! I've been using this thread for a few months now and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone's advice and tips. It has helped out so much! I'm traveling to Now Jade this April with my wedding date on 4/19. So I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with :)

First, I have about 20-25 guest coming and I am set to have my ceremony on the pergola and the reception in the bamboo room. I'm just concerned that the Bamboo room will be too big for the number of guests I have... I don't want it to feel empty with everyone in there! Anybody who was been there have a suggestion on this location or another room?

Also, I am wanting to get an excursion together for our guests. We would really like to do a catamaran and snorkeling excursion. Anyone have a suggestion on local companies that they like to use for excursions?

Thank you ladies!

Your wedding sounds like mine and I had the same concerns About the bamboo room being too large.

I know in some previous posts, there was a bride who only had 30, and she said it seemed fine to her, but I'm still concerned about it looking really empty in there. 

@Megan Cornwell Did you book the DJ and everything?

I also know that somewhere in the beginning there are diagrams of the rooms with dimensions, not that it helps since we don't have over 150 posts yet :) 

Who is everyone using to book their excursions through? I think it would be fun to do at least one together, especially since we have a small group. I've been struggling with ideas though because we'll have my daughter, and she'll only be 18 months at that time. 

We had 30 people at our wedding and had our reception in the Bamboo room.  I didn't think it felt empty.  We did a long rectangular set up for the dinner table, had a cake table, a table with reception cards/guest book/photos from our legal wedding and then the DJ.  All of that takes up a fair amount of space but left room for dancing.  I would imagine using round tables or even just separate square tables would take up even more space and make the room feel even less large.  For a June wedding, the AC was a plus once we all started dancing :)

Thanks for the prod - I suppose today is a slow workday and I'm possibly STILL a bit hungover from New Years. I'll work on it today :)

I believe it's only gifts that count towards the $300 limit, but bring receipts for your decorations anyways. I had ours in two separate piles just in case.

We actually got flagged for search, but they never asked for receipts (and not because we hit the red light even, they didn't like the looks of the paper lanterns in the x-ray scanner, and wanted to search our bags to see what they were).

You'll have a great time! OH and I can't emphasize enough, bring bug spray (THE STRONGEST YOU CAN FIND) and USE IT.

Thanks ironman! I don't know why but Mexican customs scares me so much lol

We are getting married on May 6th! Originally we were on May 7th at Dreams Cancun, but they are shutting down for renovations a few weeks before then because they're being sold.... soooo long story short we had to find another location and start the planning over again. We chose the Now Jade!

Hi Thurber,

We are getting married on May 7th! We will be there on the same week :)

From Pilar regarding vendor fees if anyone is interested. 

The outside vendor fee is $350, ( florist,  band,  decoration company, live music) but this doesn't apply to photographers as they are not categorized as vendors. Your photographer(s) will be required to pay a $65 per person for a wedding day pass. We request  the name and time that  the couple  come to the resort

Megan-

We are also doing the Pergola and Bamboo room and think we will have 25 people. I am also curious to see what everyones thoughts are.

We are also thinking of doing a Catamaran. I read somewhere that it cost about 1000-1200 for 30 people. If you find anything out, I would love to know more.

Thanks!

Marta

Hi Marta and Megan,

We are also thinking of a catamaran excursion with our wedding group. I am considering Paradise Catamaran, as I read good reviews in previous posts as well as on Trip Advisor.

Hello all you beautiful Jade brides!  I just booked my wedding for June 17, 2015 on the beach with a Castaways reception--so excited!

Question (even though its more of a generic destination wedding than a Jade question)...how far ahead did you/will you send Save the Dates? I'm planning my ceremony so far in advance to give people plenty of time to plan, but I don't want to be obnoxiously early either...any thoughts?

Hello all you beautiful Jade brides!  I just booked my wedding for June 17, 2015 on the beach with a Castaways reception--so excited!

Question (even though its more of a generic destination wedding than a Jade question)...how far ahead did you/will you send Save the Dates? I'm planning my ceremony so far in advance to give people plenty of time to plan, but I don't want to be obnoxiously early either...any thoughts?

Mine is June 12, 2015 and I sent my invitations out in November 2013 lol...I felt like I couldn't make any decisions on the wedding until I knew how many people were coming...and since we're on a budget and had 90 people RSVP, I'm glad I did it early so now I know where my budget for other things lies.

• Like 1