OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by remykion View Post

Congratulations Lauren!! and thank you for your reply I certainly feel alittle more at ease now.  To be fair most of the reviews can't praise the Now Jade enough but you cant help feel unsettled when you read a few negative ones but like you say they must be miserable.

Did you have the Devine Package Lauren? if so what menu did you choose?

Did you have your hair and make up at the spa?

Sorry for al the questions.....getting nervous/excited now! leaving on Saturday 26th Oct and marrying on 1st Nov :-)

xxxxx

Its so exciting! I wish I could do it all over again! I had the Devine package- we had caprese salad for appetizer, lobster bisque, then guests had a choice of mahi mahi and scallops, or beef filet and shrimp, passion fruit creme brulee for dessert, and bella matrimoniale wedding cake. It was all delicious! All of my guests raved over the food! I didn't get any of the cocktail hour food because we were getting photos on the beach, but I heard it was excellent. We had beef brochettes, tempura vegetables, chicken quesedilla, and 1 more thing (I forget, sorry!).

I had a hair trial the Tuesday before my Friday wedding and was loved  it! I asked the girl if she would be the one doing my hair on my wedding day and she said yes. However, when we got to the salon they tried to have someone else do my hair. I asked to have the original woman do it and I think this threw them off a bit with scheduling, but I really liked my trial and didn't want to take the chance on having someone else do it on my wedding day. My stylists name was Leccith (may have spelled that wrong). My mom and mother in law have somewhat short hair and I don't think either of them liked the way their hair turned out. My one bridesmaid who also had Leccith, loved hers. I guess what I'm trying to say is I receommend Leccith!! She also did my makeup and it turned out great. I told her I don't like anything too heavy and she showed me a picture of really smoky eyes which made me nervous. I told her lighter and she did it and it turned out great. My mom and other bridesmaid had someone else and it was ok, but not great. Also, if you want fake lashes, bring your own! They didn't have any so I was really happy I threw some in my suitcase at the last minute. Sorry for rambling, hope this helps! Make sure to relax, everything will turn out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remykion View Post

Hi

Just wondering if anyone paid their wedding balance with travellers cheques and if Now Jade are ok with paying this way?

xx

You can pay with travelers checks but only a certain amount per person and each person has to show an ID. I have an email from Deisy about this. I'll let you know for sure when I find the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B View Post

You can pay with travelers checks but only a certain amount per person and each person has to show an ID. I have an email from Deisy about this. I'll let you know for sure when I find the email.

oh if you could that would be great. could you please forward the email to sar-n-blax@hotmail.com if you find it.

Cheers

:-)

Im not sure what to make of the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the not so nice "Vibe" from the staff at the Now Jade.  I know I should not take much notice but my guests and I are paying alot of money to holiday/get married here the last thing we want is battles with the staff. Surely they can't be as bad as the reviews make out but I dont understand why people would make such negative remarks without reason.  Maybe these people have nothing better to do than moan and critisise the smallest of things. :-( I would be very interested to hear from any brides that have got married there recently because the reviews say that this Vibes was never the case a couple of years ago and that it is only within the last year or so?? on the plus side there are LOTS of positive reviews but these odd few do niggle away at me!!!  Actually the thing that scares me most is coming face to face with this time share people from the trip advisor comments they sound like BIG scary, aggresive monsters.......I think i will need to toughen up in the next week because I dont like saying NO to people, on the other hand my Fiance will have no problems at all in saying NO! 1 week Saturday and we will be there :-) Any comments, words of wisdom, advice, reassurance would be gratefully received lol xxxxxx
Hi there, I got married on the 7th October 2013 so I have been home a few days now and I wish I was back there already. I'm not sure where people are getting there opinions from , maybe they have been unlucky but I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing seemed to be a problem for them. My niece is 16mkntjd old and all the staff were very good with her, always interacting and whst was lovely is that in the evening we would go into the cafe and they would fill her bottle up with milk, no questions asked. We were never approached for time share, D far as I'm aware now jade is not a time share resort. The one they are currently building next g to it will be but not the jade. As for the wedding , it was perfect. We had isela and I as alot of brides was. Little worried about communication before hand but I can assure you when you get there it will be perfect!! Isela meet with us the day after we arrived, we went through favours, table plan, music ect.... Then she does the rest. I could not fault out wedding, the food was great, the tables were exactly how I wanted, the flowers were perfect and isela knows what she is doing so do not worry!! Hope this helps

Hi there, I got married on the 7th October 2013 so I have been home a few days now and I wish I was back there already. I'm not sure where people are getting there opinions from , maybe they have been unlucky but I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing seemed to be a problem for them. My niece is 16mkntjd old and all the staff were very good with her, always interacting and whst was lovely is that in the evening we would go into the cafe and they would fill her bottle up with milk, no questions asked. We were never approached for time share, D far as I'm aware now jade is not a time share resort. The one they are currently building next g to it will be but not the jade. As for the wedding , it was perfect. We had isela and I as alot of brides was. Little worried about communication before hand but I can assure you when you get there it will be perfect!! Isela meet with us the day after we arrived, we went through favours, table plan, music ect.... Then she does the rest. I could not fault out wedding, the food was great, the tables were exactly how I wanted, the flowers were perfect and isela knows what she is doing so do not worry!! Hope this helps
Awwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! thank you so much for responding......I guess you always get a few that have to complain!! To be fair Pilar was originally my wedding planner whom I had very little contact with and then a few weeks ago Isela introduced herself as my new planner and she has been fab, she has responded to every email iv sent her. I have every confidence in her. I can't wait we fly out on Saturday :-)))) Xxxx :D

Im so jealous, you will have a wonderful time and an amazing day.

We also originally had Pilar but she got ill with her pregnancy so Isela took over. She is good and she knows what she is doing. She also reads the weather really well, on the morning of our wedding it was beautiful but as the day went on it was getting very stormy outside, Isela held off till the afternoon and then asked /advised that maybe we should bring the reception from outside inside. I initially was not very keen as i had all the table decorations for being outside but she said it was 99% that by the time the ceremony was over it was going to rain so I followed her advise ad she moved us into the bamboo room. Luckily you can leave the ceremony till about 30min before service to move it in so my fingers were crossed that the rain would hold off for at least the service.

The rain did stay away luckily for us but it was so humid and sticky that being moved into the air conditioned room was the best choice made and im glad she advised us to do so. The table that Isela set up for our reception was beautiful, it was just how i envisaged it being.

What package are you going ??

Tash 

Im so jealous, you will have a wonderful time and an amazing day. We also originally had Pilar but she got ill with her pregnancy so Isela took over. She is good and she knows what she is doing. She also reads the weather really well, on the morning of our wedding it was beautiful but as the day went on it was getting very stormy outside, Isela held off till the afternoon and then asked /advised that maybe we should bring the reception from outside inside. I initially was not very keen as i had all the table decorations for being outside but she said it was 99% that by the time the ceremony was over it was going to rain so I followed her advise ad she moved us into the bamboo room. Luckily you can leave the ceremony till about 30min before service to move it in so my fingers were crossed that the rain would hold off for at least the service. The rain did stay away luckily for us but it was so humid and sticky that being moved into the air conditioned room was the best choice made and im glad she advised us to do so. The table that Isela set up for our reception was beautiful, it was just how i envisaged it being. What package are you going ?? Tash 
That's good to hear. Firstly Congratulations on your recent wedding !!!! She does seem very on the ball ;) We have had the divine package with not much additions to be fair a few things here and there. I am taking favours and a few decorations etc but nothing too much. We originally had the moments package but by the time we added everything on it was becoming quite expensive and the day didn't seem very tailored because most of our money was going toward the photographer (I wasn't so keen With the deal that came with the divine package for the photographer I wanted pics of me getting ready with my bridesmaids etc but it only comes with ceremony coverage and we couldn't really afford to add extra time) but it was Isela that advised us that you get so much for your money with the divine so we figured we would have enough friends and family there taking pics.....ok they are not going to be professional but I wanted the day to be special for everyone and didn't fancy getting married at 11, having a buffet lunch and then a restaurant reception it just didn't feel like it would be weddingy (if you know what I mean) it would have been difficult keeping everyone together. Then Isela suggested moving the wedding to 3pm, cocktail hr 4-5 and then Reception at 7 which to me all fall nicely together. I'm so excited but I have just looked at the weather forest and its showing rain for the next 2 weeks from the 26th oct :(:rolleyes: either way I'm sure its going to all be lovely but I'm hoping they are wrong ;) Xxxx

Hello from the Now Jade. Everything is amazing. Had the meeting with Pilar yesterday and she is so sweet. Also got to see Brandi and congratulate her. She looked amazing. Maybe you ladies get lucky and she shares pics. Can't wait for Wednesday!
Awwwww how exciting! Wishing you all the best! I fly out Saturday!!! I'm really worried though the weather report says its going to rain from Saturday for the next 2 weeks! :eek: Hope there wrong :confused: Have an amazing day!!!!! Can't wait to see pics Xxxxx