OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

What do they consider full day photography?  I have been talking with Federico who is in charge of Adventure Photography and he said for $1550, we can get full day which includes getting ready in the room and the spa, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and all the stuff that goes with that, plus a photobooth?  Also, 200 pictures.

Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 View Post

Hi Ladies!

So the photographer my fiancé and I were going to fly out is no longer going. I was wondering if any brides used the resort photographers and how much was full day with the divine package? Also, how is their work? I am not a picture person but for the big day i want to make sure we get great pics! We don't like traditional wedding pictures either. Any suggestions? Any decent priced photographers in the area?

thanks!!!

Hi Michelle,

We have the moments package so we will be adding the resorts photographer to our package, I too am not a photo person but like you, want some special pictures for the big day. i dont think we will be upgrading and will be going with the package that is in the brochure

Packages with high resolution images on disk Wedding CD package 50 high resolution images $759 on CD + photo book with all 50 images

We may change our mind when we are there but for me as long as we get photo's of the "getting Ready" "Ceremony" and "friends and family together" I will be happy. We have lots of friends and family with new high tech camera's that will be snapping away lol.

From the pictures that I have seen, i quite like their work :-)

xxx

I'm sad to hear about the death of a 16yr old Canadian girl at NJ on the weekend.

I haven't been to the resort before, but it sounds like there's a non-motorized area that she was kayaking in, when she was hit by a kid driving a jet-ski.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/03/kitchener-ont-teen-killed-in-mexico-after-her-kayak-struck-by-watercraft/

All of our weddings down south will truly be the time of our lives, but please, stay safe everyone.

Originally Posted by ironman View Post

I'm sad to hear about the death of a 16yr old Canadian girl at NJ on the weekend.

I haven't been to the resort before, but it sounds like there's a non-motorized area that she was kayaking in, when she was hit by a kid driving a jet-ski.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/03/kitchener-ont-teen-killed-in-mexico-after-her-kayak-struck-by-watercraft/

All of our weddings down south will truly be the time of our lives, but please, stay safe everyone.

Very sad news, both for the family of the deceased young woman and the young man who has to live with this for the rest of his life.  I hope that safeguards are in place to prevent anything like this from happening again.

Originally Posted by MKEbride2be View Post

Hi all!  I have posted my resort review from my June 5th, 2013 wedding.  I hope it is helpful!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/now-jade-riviera-cancun/reviews/7436

Thanks Laura, what a fabulous review! Congratulations, everything in your photos look beautiful. It helps a lot to hear what your final bill to the hotel was, and the breakdown of costs. I'll add an extra $80 into our budget in case they sneak in the ironing and lantern hanging. And we'll also be sure to have the lobster bisque, after hearing such great reviews.

Did you have any problems with anyone getting sick during the week at all?

Also - what were the ingredients in the Purple Rain?

Originally Posted by ironman View Post

Thanks Laura, what a fabulous review! Congratulations, everything in your photos look beautiful. It helps a lot to hear what your final bill to the hotel was, and the breakdown of costs. I'll add an extra $80 into our budget in case they sneak in the ironing and lantern hanging. And we'll also be sure to have the lobster bisque, after hearing such great reviews.

Did you have any problems with anyone getting sick during the week at all?

Also - what were the ingredients in the Purple Rain?

Hi Ironman!

We had a few people get sick with Traveller's diarrhea at the resort, which responded quite well to Ciprofloxacin (I'd bring some along).  We actually had a bigger problem with a number of people (myself included) becoming ill (gastritis + diarrhea=no fun) on returning to the US.  A few of these people tried antibiotics and they actually were sicker longer than the rest of us, so we think it may have been something viral going around.  Who knows-we might have even picked it up on the plane.  In general, I felt that resort was good with hygiene-they want you to enjoy your vacation and leave with a good impression.

I'm not sure exactly which recipe they used for Purple Rain at the resort, since there are a few out there, but it involves Blue Curacao, gin or vodka, something lemon-limey and I think grenadine.  When we originally went to the resort for a site visit, we asked one of the bartenders to make us some purple drinks and this was our favorite.  We had it blended and served with an orange slice (to match our purple and orange theme) and it looked nice in the martini glasses it was being served in.  Overall, a very refreshing drink that went down smoothly (maybe a little too much so--I had two and was quite happy by the time of the reception!).

Good luck with your planning!

Hi Ironman! We had a few people get sick with Traveller's diarrhea at the resort, which responded quite well to Ciprofloxacin (I'd bring some along).  We actually had a bigger problem with a number of people (myself included) becoming ill (gastritis + diarrhea=no fun) on returning to the US.  A few of these people tried antibiotics and they actually were sicker longer than the rest of us, so we think it may have been something viral going around.  Who knows-we might have even picked it up on the plane.  In general, I felt that resort was good with hygiene-they want you to enjoy your vacation and leave with a good impression. Good luck with your planning!
It's funny that you say this. We had A LOT of people with the same problem upon our return to the U.S! To my knowledge, nobody had any problems at the resort (which is great!) but a lot of folks I've talked to said their stomachs weren't right for about a week or so after they returned. I googled this and it does seem quite common though.