OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Hi Shannon - one idea is to go to Target and scoop up a set of ELF false lashes - they come with glue, and are a whopping $1 each. I used that for my wedding, and the lashes stayed on just fine.  You may want to keep some in your bride's bag on your wedding day too.

That's a good idea! ELF is just so cheap I'd be scared of it melting right off with the heat and stuff, but if you used it with no problems, that's probably what I'll do!  Did you use the actual Elf lashes or just the glue?

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

Hey Brandi,

I have the contact info and spreadsheet from AVI Solutions, the DJ company that replaced Doremixx if you want, i can forward to you? I totally get your frustration with Pilar. She is very hit and miss, though we had a lengthy phone conversation 2 wks ago and I feel much better about everything. Our problem is with our totally inept travel agent, who complicates every detail and confuses things, Pilar actually asked me if we could eliminate including my agent in the planning of the actual wedding bc of how effed up everything is getting!

My stupid ipad installed the bdw app and its all messed up on the web now so my display doesn't look normal- when is your wedding date?

Xo

Kristen

Could you send me the contact info and spreadsheet for avi solutions? I'll PM you with my email address.

Thanks

These are just a few photos that I took myself when we were at Now Jade for our Wedding on May 6th.. I have not yet received our wedding photos from our photographer. Just thought some of you might like to see some photos of the area :)

Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler View Post

I found really cute tote bags from orientaltrading.com  They are covered in hibiscus flowers and were 11.50 for 12 of them.  I didn't want them personalized b/c they really become useless after the wedding.  I just can't picture people using bags that say "so and so's wedding"  Plus, shipping is free on orders over $49.  We ordered beer koozies from there  too that say to have and to hold and to keep your beer cold that were 50 of them for $20.  I ordered chapstick from Avon for .69 each.  I found travel  aloe for .98 a bottle with free shipping.  Also, I made those fold over elastic pony tail holders for dirt cheap in our wedding colors to put in their bags.  Also, I found these great change purses that were 50 of them for $20.  I am going to use them to put travel tylenol, pepto and motrin in them and label them as "my hangover kit".  I also purchased name badge holders on lanyards.  That way, they can be used as room key holders.  I think they were 4.25 for a pack of 12 from orientaltrading.com

Wow! thanks for this info!! I will def be checking out orientaltrading and avon books! I know that i want to do welcome bags but i have yet to have started any research... When did you start purchasing items? My big day isnt till next May.

Great pictures and congrats on your marriage!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Originally Posted by Susannah View Post

These are just a few photos that I took myself when we were at Now Jade for our Wedding on May 6th.. I have not yet received our wedding photos from our photographer. Just thought some of you might like to see some photos of the area :)

I used the actual lashes too. They worked really well - and it was the first time I've ever worn fake lashes. We stuck them on first, then we put on the rest of my make up. Our last step was to curl & put mascara on them with my own lashes to "bind" them together. They really made a HUGE difference. They stayed in place right up until I forgot and rubbed my eye after the reception. Then one came loose, and I didn't have the glue on me to stick it back on. So I just pulled both of them off and proceeded to the bar for the after party! You can't beat the price of those things though.

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Hi Shannon - one idea is to go to Target and scoop up a set of ELF false lashes - they come with glue, and are a whopping $1 each. I used that for my wedding, and the lashes stayed on just fine.  You may want to keep some in your bride's bag on your wedding day too.

That's a good idea! ELF is just so cheap I'd be scared of it melting right off with the heat and stuff, but if you used it with no problems, that's probably what I'll do!  Did you use the actual Elf lashes or just the glue?

Susannah - best wishes to you & your husband!! your photos are amazing. You're making me want to visit NOW Jade too (part of the reason I stalk this thread...hehe)

Thank you!!! What a stunning view you had from your room!