OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

Thank you Emma, that's great to know! I'm going to msg him now and see what we can work out with him potentially. If you happen to feel like sharing what your budget was, and what you worked out with him, I'd love to PM with you! We are hoping to keep our photo budget around 3000.

I highly recommend contacting Gonzalo. I don't think you would have a problem doing both the wedding and trash the dress within that budget. I had originally just booked the wedding and he suggested a trash the dress session. I told him that we couldn't afford it but he went above and beyond to make it so that we could fit it into the budget. He was so amazing to work with!

Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

I highly recommend contacting Gonzalo. I don't think you would have a problem doing both the wedding and trash the dress within that budget. I had originally just booked the wedding and he suggested a trash the dress session. I told him that we couldn't afford it but he went above and beyond to make it so that we could fit it into the budget. He was so amazing to work with!

emma1025 definitely confirmed this, thanks kitkat!!! I am going to see if he's available in feb/march. I cannot wait until we finally decide on a resort, still awaiting quotes and to meet with our Ta, I've had to really relax because I am antsy about BOOOKIIIINGGGG!!!jiggy.gif

Ack!!!   I am getting so frustrated with this whole trying to plan with Pilar thing!  I understand that she is busy, but taking a month in a half for a response that is incomplete is unacceptable.  After all of this time of trying to book a DJ to swap instead of the live music, she tells me 1 1/2 months ago that Doremixx is too expensive now and that they have a new inhouse DJ.  Not a problem with me, so I e-mail her and tell her that is fine.  I ask her about the sunset and if there is enough light, or if we can get lights for outside.  I just now get a response saying that she e-mailed me on March 17 saying that Doremixx was too expensive and that she never received my response about the in house.  And she said that sunset is 6:00 which is the time we are getting married, and to add lights it will be $350!  But, I am not sure if she is talking about lighting outside or inside the bamboo room (uplighting) considering I asked her about both.  

I am just so tired of waiting around for responses and they are half ass at that.  Sorry for the vent.  I know it will work out ok, but I am trying to figure out how much extra we are going to come up with and with these responses it is hard to tell.  

Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler View Post

Ack!!!   I am getting so frustrated with this whole trying to plan with Pilar thing!  I understand that she is busy, but taking a month in a half for a response that is incomplete is unacceptable.  After all of this time of trying to book a DJ to swap instead of the live music, she tells me 1 1/2 months ago that Doremixx is too expensive now and that they have a new inhouse DJ.  Not a problem with me, so I e-mail her and tell her that is fine.  I ask her about the sunset and if there is enough light, or if we can get lights for outside.  I just now get a response saying that she e-mailed me on March 17 saying that Doremixx was too expensive and that she never received my response about the in house.  And she said that sunset is 6:00 which is the time we are getting married, and to add lights it will be $350!  But, I am not sure if she is talking about lighting outside or inside the bamboo room (uplighting) considering I asked her about both.  

I am just so tired of waiting around for responses and they are half ass at that.  Sorry for the vent.  I know it will work out ok, but I am trying to figure out how much extra we are going to come up with and with these responses it is hard to tell.  

Hi Brandi,

I got some great responses from Pilar by numbering my questions. Also if you ask one small uncomplicated question for each number it helps. I noticed the questions that were more complicated or that had more than one part didn't get answered as well. Hope that helps a little with the communication.

Also to everyone, I know the Trip Advisor reviews haven't been great lately but if you want a little reassurance the Monarc.ca (Canadian review site) reviews have still been pretty consistent (only one or two not so good). The link is here: http://www.monarc.ca/hotel-reviews/Mexico/Riviera_Maya/hotel-9267-Now_Jade_Riviera.html#.UYAqXJXqJNU

Originally Posted by Mlite83 View Post

The resort offers tequilla tastings, cigar rolling, cooking classes, sushi rolling, mixology lessons etc every afternoon.  It changes daily but yes they have offer activities like that as well as the usual pool games (zumba, v-ball etc) and land activities (beach v-ball, yoga etc). The entertainment team works very hard to ensure people are having fun!

Do you know if i can pay to have this as a private event for my guests??