OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by aarosenthall View Post

Hey all! I just wanted to let you all know that we are back and everything was great! I will work on a formal review hopefully this weekend, but wanted to send out a couple things for anyone that is in the planning stages as I wish I would have known....

The resort's idea is from from ocean front- you may have a glimps of the ocean if you had binoculars- to the point that literally almost all my guests ended up upgrading to the preferred side. This made me feel a bit bad although no one really seemed to mind paying the difference and were very happy with their new rooms. If I would have know, I would have been more clear and also gotten a group rate on the preferred side from the beginning. With that being said, I also want to note that Teresa was great from vacations for less. We had a huge snow storm in Denver and I had people jumping on flights not even knowing if they would have a room when they arrived. When they landed, Teresa had taken care of it all.

For those of you planning on staying at the resort after they wedding as a honeymoon, it is not really that as you run in to your friends and family everywhere, them asking you to dinner, etc. unless they are leaving early, just be prepared it may not be what you think of. Looking back now, I would have switched resorts.

Honestly, that is about the only two downfalls, pilar and staff were wonderful, we did a private dinner at tamarinds which they closed for the night which was awesome, could not have been more pleased with the flowers, attention to detail, the dj, they pulled it together awesome. We used adventure photos for a ttd which was unbelievable at the cenote, really it was great!!!!

Stay tuned for pages of re-cap-

Oh, and they did menu cards for me without even asking in matching wedding colors!

Congrats!! Glad everything went great! Can't wait to read all about it cheesy.gif

The resort was great, don't worry about the reviews. Very clean. In terms of customs you only have to declare gifts, not items used for personal use and then taken back with you. Although I guess I should have declared as the night of the wedding I looked at all my stuff, the room and told pilar to keep it all as it seemed overwhelming to bring it all back home. Great decision but I guess a gift to the hotel!

Ive been thinking the same thing... since im not really sure how many guests we will have i dont know if i want to pay for the dj but the only thing is i heard the now jade is very secluded and not much nightlife so if everything is shut down by 12-1am im a bit nervous as to what to do. lol
Although the disco was fun, I would say pretty dead until that nights wedding group made it over. However, they play great music and everyone had a great time. We did a dj and extended an hour, so by the time the wedding was over only like 10 of us went over. I think you would be fine either way.

The resort was great, don't worry about the reviews. Very clean. In terms of customs you only have to declare gifts, not items used for personal use and then taken back with you. Although I guess I should have declared as the night of the wedding I looked at all my stuff, the room and told pilar to keep it all as it seemed overwhelming to bring it all back home. Great decision but I guess a gift to the hotel!

Good to know. Did you bring any flower decorations? I am having artificial bouquets made for my wedding party and was wondering if that will be a problem to bring with...?

Is there anything you would have done differently in terms of preparation? day of wedding?

Although the disco was fun, I would say pretty dead until that nights wedding group made it over. However, they play great music and everyone had a great time. We did a dj and extended an hour, so by the time the wedding was over only like 10 of us went over. I think you would be fine either way.

Did you visit the disco any other nights besides your wedding day? I am just curious to know if it is the same idea every night or certain nights only?

Do you know when the disco opens? Closes?

oh ok.. How many people did you have at your wedding and where was the reception? Also, do you know what time the disco closes? Is there any clubs/bars to go to near the resort? or you would just have to take a trip into cancun city for that type of nightlife? Llooking forward to your review as well!

Hey Kristen, you'll want to cap it @ $300 per person.  If you declare anything more you will probably get stopped by the red light in customs, be required to show receipts and pay taxes (not sure of the percentage).  Both you and your groom can declare $300 each, but if you still exceed this then look to you're bridal party and/or parents.

In terms of the wedding day, give yourself more time than you think- it is better to have everything ready than to be rushing around and alleviates a ton of stress.  I think in terms of preparation, I would focus more on buying and bringing what I wanted or needed, and worried less about how it was going to look as they made everything more beautiful than I could have imagined. 

No problem with bringing the flowers down at all-  I brought picture frames for table numbers, chair sashes, table clothes, votives, paper lanterns, candles, sea shells, a bunch of little stuff. 

I have been working on my review- I'm up to three pages!

Originally Posted by 1dutchie View Post

Did you visit the disco any other nights besides your wedding day? I am just curious to know if it is the same idea every night or certain nights only?

Do you know when the disco opens? Closes?

We went to the Disco several nights.  It was pretty much the same every night.  It is a sports bar during the day.  We went on a Monday first, and it was the final bball game.  Totally dead until my group came in at about 10:00pm.  We also went two other nights.  One night had a bit of our group and another wedding party.  It was actually pretty packed.  Lots of dancing.  The night of my wedding it was a small group of my own wedding and a bachelor party from Canada with some of their friends.  If you want to have a good time, then you will.  They play great music.  I think they are open til roughly 1:30.  There is also the Lobby Bar which is kind of low key and the Mix Bar by the Pergola.  Plays good music, kind of loud but laid back.  Never was very busy.

There unfortunately are not any bars close by to go to.  Your best bet would be Cancun or Playa, but pretty far unless you make a big even out of it.