OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

khunt - I love everythinga bout your wedding day look.  I don't think you need our help at all, i think your good to go and will look fab on your wedding day.  I like the earrings from etsy too and think they tie in well and make enough of a statement to wear them alone.

KHunt,  You rock. Thanks for all the advice. What is the pricing with "PHOTOS IN CANCUN"? Is it less expensive than the resort or did you just like his work better? Regarding the fire dancers, are they regularly at the resort? If they will already be there, I'm not gonna pay the extra cost but I def want my guests to enjoy them. Thanks for the info on the dance floor. That was super confusing to me. I am definitely going with the Pergola. I'm still a bit confused about castways vs bamboo room, but AC is a huge factor!!
We bought the 4 hour package from him for $1500. This will cover getting ready, ceremony, cocktail hour (the wedding party will go off and do this while our other guests hang at the Mix bar) and then I think a bit of dinner, hopefully at least the first dances. Our ceremony is at 4, so he said he'll come around 3. I chose him because when I first started looking at pics of weddings here, his were coming up on google. Turned out, our travel agent knows him, as he is from Toronto, so she also recommended him. Once I emailed him, it was a done deal. He works with his wife, who is Mexican, and they seem fantastic! For some reason, his website isn't working,,but they have a Facebook page, so you can see tons of pics there! The fire dancers are there once a week, I think Pilar told me....

We bought the 4 hour package from him for $1500. This will cover getting ready, ceremony, cocktail hour (the wedding party will go off and do this while our other guests hang at the Mix bar) and then I think a bit of dinner, hopefully at least the first dances. Our ceremony is at 4, so he said he'll come around 3. I chose him because when I first started looking at pics of weddings here, his were coming up on google. Turned out, our travel agent knows him, as he is from Toronto, so she also recommended him. Once I emailed him, it was a done deal. He works with his wife, who is Mexican, and they seem fantastic! For some reason, his website isn't working,,but they have a Facebook page, so you can see tons of pics there! The fire dancers are there once a week, I think Pilar told me....
Oh also- we're going to use the resort photog to cover the remainder of the reception, since Pilar said we can't swap it out for anything else

khunt - I love everythinga bout your wedding day look.  I don't think you need our help at all, i think your good to go and will look fab on your wedding day.  I like the earrings from etsy too and think they tie in well and make enough of a statement to wear them alone.
Thank you! That's what I was thinking, just the earrings...I don't want to look pageant-y LOL!

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

thank you!  I am in love with my shoes and sash- I got a really good deal on the dress at David's, so I decided to splurge on those items.  I found these earrings on Etsy and think they're gorgeous.  Was thinking if I went with them, I would do nothing else.  What do you think?

I love these!  I really think they will look great.  I do agree with you about wearing only those; they will tie in with your sash and shoes without being over the top.  You're going to look amazing. :)

Oh also- we're going to use the resort photog to cover the remainder of the reception, since Pilar said we can't swap it out for anything else
Omgeeeee I just saw that Derek now offers photo booths! They bring a giant bag of props to use, and I'm sure I can find a good backdrop for pics. Now I'm super excited!! And- his website is up and running :)