OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

Another question! I need some clarification. The Wedding Information guide Pilar sent to me list a DJ for $1000 for 4 hours. But isn't the reception only 3 hours?

Also, the guide she sent me is from 2012. Does anyone have the 2013 wedding info guide? 

Nevermind! I found the guide on their website and answered all of my own questions. The one Pilar sent me is a little different then the newer one online.

Sorry!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Shannonmarie - Even though my wedding isn't until 2013, all my pricing is based on the 2012 rates since I booked in January of 2012 and 2013 wasn't published yet. I don't know when you booked, but you may want to confirm which rates apply.

Oh! I did not know that! I booked in December of 2012 so I am guessing 2012 rates will apply to me as well. That's great info to have. I have not communicated with Pilar since I booked so thank you for helping me so much!

Does that also include the pricing for the package itself? 

Originally Posted by Jackieindabox View Post

Thank you ShannonMarie & ChocoTaco7568!  Doing it right now!  Does anyone have any suggestions for time of day for the ceremony so that we can have enough sunlight for the ceremony but not too much time between cocktail hour and reception?

I saw a post from DelSor to try for your ceremony 1.5 hrs prior to sunset to have the best sunlight for photos (and also avoid peak-day heat!).  Check online for when the sunset is projected for your date and that should help you figure it out!

I like this idea! I think it will work just fine! You will have to have table numbers on each table though.  Instead of using a number we put a picture frame and a location my husband and I had traveled to together. We had a message in a bottle with each persons name and had a tag hanging off with the table location name....just an idea. I did an rsvp card with 3 entrees to choose from and I also asked guests to list any allergies (some people are also vegetarian and gluten free which they have separate menus to choose from).  I had 45 guests at our wedding and almost everyone sent back an rsvp card even those who were not attending (but we did provide them with an envelope and return stamp).  I also had a website which no one rsvp to.
I asked pilar if I could have three menu choices (fish, beef, and vegetarian) and she said two was the max???? How early did you give her the quantities of each selection? Thanks!

Originally Posted by aarosenthall View Post

I asked pilar if I could have three menu choices (fish, beef, and vegetarian) and she said two was the max?huh.gif How early did you give her the quantities of each selection?

Thanks!

I also gace my guests 3 choices. I never asked Pilar about it so maybe that is why it wasn't a problem for me. I can't imagine that it is an issue to offer 3 choices.

Originally Posted by Jackieindabox View Post

Thank you ShannonMarie & ChocoTaco7568!  Doing it right now!  Does anyone have any suggestions for time of day for the ceremony so that we can have enough sunlight for the ceremony but not too much time between cocktail hour and reception?

I got married in May and we had our ceremony at 5:30. There was still plenty of light but it wasn't too hot either. We had our cocktail hour from 6:30 (maybe even 615ish) until 7:30. By the time we walked over to our reception it was getting dark. Not sure if that helps because I am not sure what time of the year you are getting married but that was our time frame.

I have reserved the Bamboo Room for our wedding on April 29, 2013. I originally asked for the Garden - which Pilar has just recently told me is not available the week I am there (April 27th - May 2nd). She could not confirm why, but said that the Groups Department has it blocked off... She said she won't know what is going on until closer to the date... 

My questions for someone is about switching the reception location. I have the Bamboo Room booked. I do not know exactly how many people will be coming to the wedding (a lot of people have said that they MAY be coming and haven't booked yet). If I do not have many guests coming I would prefer to have my reception on the Ocean Front Terrace. Otherwise I am fine in the Bamboo Room. Pilar explained "it is not possible to block both areas because we do 2 weddings per date plus one renewal of vows". Has anyone heard about two weddings happening at the same time? Ie. One in the Bamboo Room and one on the Ocean Front Terrace???