OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

I assumed that we were included, but It does state 25 guests, and technically the bride and groom are not guests.  Hmmm, good question.

I know! I never even really thought about it until now. I'm sure we probably are included. 

Thanks for responding to my question about the massage! 

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

I know that in order to have a buffet at your reception you need 50 people or more. Does anyone know how much it is per person above the 25 limit? I  know the eternity package is $48 for the reception and divine is $53, but what about the buffet? I'm just trying to figure out which would be more cost effective.

Also, is the Bride & Groom included in the 25?

Lastly, I've believe I heard other brides mention not paying extra per person for the cocktails and appetizers at the cocktail hour and that there was enough food & drinks (as long as people are not greedy, lol). I cannot find where I read that. Has anyone else heard this? What about the champagne toast?

I know I have read on here about not needing extra appetizers, I think they base their numbers on 6 pieces per person???  But I don't have the conversation saved so I can't be certain.

Champagne toast I believe is for 25, so any additional guests would be extra $$.

Does anyone know if you are able to swap out corsages that come with the packages for bouquets? 

Hi shannonmarie,

In my experience, I am swapping out the Eternity corsages and boutinieres, but still have to pay an additional $40 for my maid of honour's bouquet.  So it doesn't seem like a great deal to do this :)  Oh well, I am doing it anyways :)

Jen

Originally Posted by Mlite83 View Post

I know I have read on here about not needing extra appetizers, I think they base their numbers on 6 pieces per person???  But I don't have the conversation saved so I can't be certain.

Champagne toast I believe is for 25, so any additional guests would be extra $$.

Thanks Mlite83!

I wonder about the cocktails.. I would think since it's at a bar there should be enough drinks for everyone.

Originally Posted by jend View Post

Hi shannonmarie,

In my experience, I am swapping out the Eternity corsages and boutonnieres, but still have to pay an additional $40 for my maid of honour's bouquet.  So it doesn't seem like a great deal to do this :)  Oh well, I am doing it anyways :)

Jen

Thanks! That's crazy! Your swapping out 2 things for a bouquet but still have to pay $40! I thought a bouquet was $65.. Your right, not much of a deal! Everything adds up so quickly! I wish I was crafty enough to make my own!

Are your guys not going to wear boutonnieres? I'm thinking of not even worrying about that! I'm not a huge flower person anyways.

Thanks! That's crazy! Your swapping out 2 things for a bouquet but still have to pay $40! I thought a bouquet was $65.. Your right, not much of a deal! Everything adds up so quickly! I wish I was crafty enough to make my own!

Are your guys not going to wear boutonnieres? I'm thinking of not even worrying about that! I'm not a huge flower person anyways.

Yeah it is a bit crazy but not too bad as I only have the one maid of honour, no other bridesmaids :)  We decided to do no boutonnieres as groom and best man both have tattooed up arms and I thought the flowers would look funny on them...lol!  They weren't upset at all :)

Originally Posted by ashleyblayne View Post

I am wondering if anyone has used the resort photographer for all of their wedding pictures and were you happy with them, did you get more pictures then what is offered in the package, how much extra was it.

You don't get actual pictures, you get a photobook.  I think ours came with maybe 30 pictures.  We used the resort picture package for our trash the dress session and hired an outside photographer for the actual wedding.  I would strongly recommend this.  The amount you'll end up paying to get prints and/or pictures on a disk with the resort photographer could easily just be used to hire a local photographer.  It is just a suggestion but I firmly believe that hiring our photographer was the best investment we made out of the entire wedding.  In 10 years from now you won't have your flowers or decorations or maybe even your dress... but you will have those photos!