Weddings at Atlantis and/or the Cloisters at O&O

MissBubbles205

I love all of your ideas for the gift bag! I need to check Old Navy...what a great price!  I was thinking along the lines of snacks and water as well.  Maybe sunscreen and some other essentials as you mentioned.  But yes, everything is very expensive at the Atlantis and its not super convenient to buy snacks, especially at night.  So I think having snack food and drinks for guests is a great idea!

We don't have any other DIY ideas planned....other than the itinerary we are putting with the gift bag and the church ceremony program.  Our guest book is probably going to be the thumb print tree (we are trying to find a palm tree) have you seen those before?  I think they are pretty unique and would be nice to get framed and then hang in our house.  

How were you planning to get your gift bags to the room?  I haven't figured that out yet!  

The Catholic Church is pretty strict, we have to do a lot of paper work and what not but the only real rule is that we have to be married in a church.  The church we found is very nice...and air conditioned! lol

Luciano's is great!  The food is AMAZING and so affordable (compared to Atlantis prices).  We are having the reception in the area called "Tivoli Gardens" and the back drop is Atlantis...so its a pretty neat view.  

What are you ladies doing for rehearsal dinner? (not sure if you talked about this in an earlier thread!)  Any other big plans for the week?

And we are getting married this coming june!! So it is arriving very quickly!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!! :o)  i'm soo excited about them.  there is a post floating around Old Navy bags for $1.. or something to that extend. I posted pics on that forum of all the totes my Old Navy has. I was in Atlanta this past weekend (that's where my FI lives) they have a place called GardenRidge. They have a TON of bags.. They had several for 99cents.. Great size for OOT bags.

OMG, I want to do the same thing!!.. I think I found a seller on Etsy that has the palm tree. I was looking at that one and my FI mentioned it may look funny with not that many people attending.. I'll have to look at them again.. I think I was looking at a fairly large one. And we wont need one very big. I too want to hang it in the house once the wedding is over and we are living together! :o)

Hmm.. I have no clue.. :o(  I read some hotels charge you for them to put them in the room.. Im not sure if they will let us, or how much they will charge to do this for us.. Or if we can have them give them to our guest upon their arrival at the front desk.. (Need to check on this)

Oh wow, I did not realize that.. but air conditioned. (Your guests will love you!!)

I noticed there was a bigger big price difference between Atlantis and Luciano's and with us paying the site fee for Cloisters, it seemed to make the most sense.. Especially since I have heard nothing but great things about Luciano's.   Tivoli Gardens.. I've never heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.

We haven't even thought of a rehearsal dinner.. :o( I've got soo much to do.. These DIYs are taking up most of my time right now.

Oh wow, Your Big Day is approaching very soon!

Originally Posted by Katie1112 View Post

I love all of your ideas for the gift bag! I need to check Old Navy...what a great price!  I was thinking along the lines of snacks and water as well.  Maybe sunscreen and some other essentials as you mentioned.  But yes, everything is very expensive at the Atlantis and its not super convenient to buy snacks, especially at night.  So I think having snack food and drinks for guests is a great idea!

We don't have any other DIY ideas planned....other than the itinerary we are putting with the gift bag and the church ceremony program.  Our guest book is probably going to be the thumb print tree (we are trying to find a palm tree) have you seen those before?  I think they are pretty unique and would be nice to get framed and then hang in our house.  

How were you planning to get your gift bags to the room?  I haven't figured that out yet!  

The Catholic Church is pretty strict, we have to do a lot of paper work and what not but the only real rule is that we have to be married in a church.  The church we found is very nice...and air conditioned! lol

Luciano's is great!  The food is AMAZING and so affordable (compared to Atlantis prices).  We are having the reception in the area called "Tivoli Gardens" and the back drop is Atlantis...so its a pretty neat view.  

What are you ladies doing for rehearsal dinner? (not sure if you talked about this in an earlier thread!)  Any other big plans for the week?

And we are getting married this coming june!! So it is arriving very quickly!

Our group rates run from $129-229 October 4-8 are our main dates for our guests coming in but the rates are good for our guests total amount of stay. The rates we got seem to be very affordable. We have been working on our OOT bags & gotten some great ideas on here. We are putting beach balls, beach towels, sunscreen, aloe, gum, mints, Tylenol, tums, & personalized koozies & shot glasses. We will also be buying a few cases of water bottles when we get into the Bahamas to put in our OOT bags as well as little rum cakes from a local place. We have yet to find just the right bag for us, although I've been thinking about waiting until August, September in hopes that beach bags go on sale in the size & style we like.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I just got through reading a ton of threads and thankful for this information. I am planning a November wedding in the Bahamas.  I'm leaning toward Luciano's or Atlantis. We will be staying at the Atlantis though.  Seems like it's just a few of us who are currently in the planning process.  I am having my ceremony at a church so I just have to figure out the reception place.  Thanks for sharing your ideas/plans cheesy.gif

Hi! I just got through reading a ton of threads and thankful for this information. I am planning a November wedding in the Bahamas.  I'm leaning toward Luciano's or Atlantis. We will be staying at the Atlantis though.  Seems like it's just a few of us who are currently in the planning process.  I am having my ceremony at a church so I just have to figure out the reception place.  Thanks for sharing your ideas/plans cheesy.gif

Hi! I just finished reading lots of posts and I am so thankful for all of the information. I am planning a November wedding in the Bahamas. I am going to be staying at the Atlantis and our ceremony is going to be at a church. I am deciding between Luciano's and Atlantis for the reception. Can't wait to hear all about the current brides' planning!

Sorry, I never got too far along in the process of booking our DW in the Bahamas. We was about to sign our contract and put down 4500 for the Cloisters but decided to look into other options.. We have now decided on Punta Cana, we found a gorgous all inclusive resort for a much better price.  There were a few ladies in the past whom had their weddings at Atlantis and they had great information but most seems to be older posts.

I will say WeddingsintheBahamas.com seem to be great wedding coordinators with fair prices.  For Photography we were considering bringing a friend whom does photography. I know outsiders have to purchase a license and if at Atlantis you have to pay them a 300 fee for not using their photog services. Or at least this is what I have read.

Do you have a Travel Agent? If not, contact Barbara (Babs) Vong with Wright Travel. They are one of the preferred travel agencies for BDW. And since she was helping me with our DW to Paradise Island, she should have plenty of information to share.:o)

Luciano's has their menu and all their dining options online. you can view online or print it.. It's a pretty decent sized book of info.

I know it will be frustrating not having other ladies to share the same DW location with but if you need anything at all, please let me know and I will try to help. :o)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

Sorry, I never got too far along in the process of booking our DW in the Bahamas. We was about to sign our contract and put down 4500 for the Cloisters but decided to look into other options.. We have now decided on Punta Cana, we found a gorgous all inclusive resort for a much better price.  There were a few ladies in the past whom had their weddings at Atlantis and they had great information but most seems to be older posts.

I will say WeddingsintheBahamas.com seem to be great wedding coordinators with fair prices.  For Photography we were considering bringing a friend whom does photography. I know outsiders have to purchase a license and if at Atlantis you have to pay them a 300 fee for not using their photog services. Or at least this is what I have read.

Do you have a Travel Agent? If not, contact Barbara (Babs) Vong with Wright Travel. They are one of the preferred travel agencies for BDW. And since she was helping me with our DW to Paradise Island, she should have plenty of information to share.:o)

Luciano's has their menu and all their dining options online. you can view online or print it.. It's a pretty decent sized book of info.

I know it will be frustrating not having other ladies to share the same DW location with but if you need anything at all, please let me know and I will try to help. :o)