Photo

ROR- Riu Orcho Rios Questions---please help!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Im debating on the ROR or Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. Does anyone know how many weddings the Riu does per day? Also does anyone have any positive feedback on this resort? Ive read varied reviews.... Any thoughts, comments on the resort or wedding aspect is appreciated :):)

#2 finleya

finleya
    • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I don't know the exact number for sure, but when I requested my date, I had a choice between 3 available time slots for a Saturday.

As far as feedback, I chose this resort since I had been here before and I LOVED it! I can't wait to go back!

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I will do my best to answer what I can!

#3 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
      • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

That's awesome, and the reception choices look beautiful! Was the resort wheelchair assessable? And also how was the food?? Thanks :)

#4 finleya

finleya
        • 189 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

I think I remember quite a few ramps, but I don't know for sure about the wheelchair accessibility.

The food was ok. The Steakhouse wasn't that great but the Chinese restaurant was awesome and we decided to go back a second night! Otherwise, the regular buffet has a lot of different options, so unless vegetarian or something like that, most people can find something they will like.

When is your wedding?

#5 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
          • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

I am looking at July 6-13 2013, maybe a Wed-Wed trip if a big price difference. I'm debating btwn Riu Orcho Rios and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. Both look beautiful and of course pros and cons to both resorts!

#6 lkterry

lkterry
            • 157 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I too am trying to choose a place in Jamaica.  Just when I think I figured it out, I read some more negative reviews about roaches, poor food, and service.  I'm hoping this is not the case!

#7 finleya

finleya
              • 189 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

I think you are going to find good and bad with every place you look at. In the end, you just have to decide what details are important to you and make decisions based on that. I think you can't go wrong between those two though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users