Photo

Too soon to send save the dates?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 albellis

albellis
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I agree with what the other ladies are saying... if you have the STDs ready now, go ahead and send them. I sent mine out last month for our April 2013 wedding. I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to save and plan for the trip. I included a magnet so they can keep it on their fridge and won't worry about losing a piece of paper. I included a link to our wedding website, so I had to make sure that was completed before sending the STDs, which honestly took more time than designing & preparing the STDs.

#12 bride81

bride81
    • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Did you ladies include a pre-RSVP?  to get a rough count?

#13 finleya

finleya
      • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

I didn't. I simply am keeping in touch with everyone since we are only inviting 50 total to the actual wedding and they are family/friends we are in contact with on a regular basis.

#14 bride81

bride81
        • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

good to know, its nice to see another midwest bride!!

#15 albellis

albellis
          • 146 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

I included a pre-RSVP and sent a letter as well. In the letter, I explained that we were sending a tentative RSVP to help with our planning and we understood that their plans may change. I said a formal RSVP would be sent along with our Invitations. If you are interested, I can post pictures of what I sent (magnet, pre-RSVP postcard, letter).

#16 finleya

finleya
            • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I have to say, I am running into more and more midwest brides lately. I think we all need a break from the crazy weather. ;)

#17 bride81

bride81
              • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

i would love too see your magnets.  I am thinking of adding that onto my boarding pass, but not sure yet!

Originally Posted by albellis 

I included a pre-RSVP and sent a letter as well. In the letter, I explained that we were sending a tentative RSVP to help with our planning and we understood that their plans may change. I said a formal RSVP would be sent along with our Invitations. If you are interested, I can post pictures of what I sent (magnet, pre-RSVP postcard, letter).

#18 albellis

albellis
                • 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

Bride81 - here is the magnet that I sent. I ordered them through VistaPrint and got a great deal.

Magnet Final.jpg

#19 bride81

bride81
                  • 216 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

I like that!!!  Thank you for sharing.  I am having a hard time deciding what I want to do for my STD

#20 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
                    • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Our wedding is booked for August 2013 and we will be sending out our STDs next month (June). We are also in the process of working on our wedsite!! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users