Photo

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

• Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#81 cara24

cara24
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi. i was wondering if anybody has a name of a photographer. i tried to open a web site on one of the post, but could not get anything. my daughter is getting married in march of 2013.

#82 LL117

LL117
    • 29 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi Ladies! I recently contacted a travel agent to get me a quote for group rates at PPR. I am hoping she can get a good deal... what are the average rates that have been posted? I'm afraid that it might be too costly for my guests. Cara24- the preferred photographer of the resort is Arrecife. The resort charges a $1000 fee if you use an outside photographer. I have been to Arrecife's Facebook page and their photos look beautiful... although their pricing structure is a little strange. I've heard a lot of good things about HDC Photography as well. Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding!!

#83 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
      • 593 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello Paradisus Friends- I was so excited because I spent all day and night working on my website for my guests and I thought to share it for ideas. I've come a long way from the scatter-brained bride! It was a little of a pain to make, but well worth it. I think it is ESSENTIAL for a Destination Wedding! 

http://ElvinAndEvelyn.ourwedding.com

Our Save The Dates finally arrived and we are mailing them out on Thursday. They are Magnets so we came up with the idea of enclosing a small business card- one side is our Travel Agents information and the other side has our wedding URL so people can stay up to date using our website. Then our guests can just use our Save the Date magnet to hold up the business card and we will become a constant reminder when they go to grab a drink! We bought the business card stationery from Staples, and also purchased envelope sealers ($1.99 for 20 and they make the envelope look a little fancier!), and clear address labels so we wouldn't have to handwrite everything (we both have HORRIBLE handwriting).

Our Save The Dates were ordered from Wedding Paper Divas. They are reliable for Destination weddings since their turnaround time is quick. I "liked" them on FB and got a discount code for 20% off my Save the Date order- my total for 50 magnets and 60 envelopes (ordered extra in case of mistakes- with Rush shipping) came out to a whopping $87. I'm all for DIY but not when DIY costs just as much or is comparable in price and causes a massive headache!

We will also most likely order our invites from there as well. I got free samples from David's Bridal and did not like them at all. WPD has a free sample code as well and we ordered samples that will arrive soon. I plan to embellish them myself with rhinestones and ribbons before sending them out.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#84 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Good call. I enlisted a TA as well. What I like about having one is our guests can pay a deposit and pay her off slowly on a payment plan instead of paying in one shot. I love mine, she is phenomenal!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#85 cara24

cara24
          • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

i guess we will have to go with the hotel photograghy. thanks for your help

#86 Kitty319

Kitty319
            • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hey Ladies! I'm new to this site, but we just booked our wedding at Palma Real for July 13,2013!!! Super excited and nervous, so many questions!

#87 Kitty319

Kitty319
              • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

We just booked today! July 13,2013! Excited, and nervous, so many questions!

#88 JanelleB

JanelleB
                • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi girls! I am a november 2012 bride...68 days 'til the big day! Has anyone had a site visit?! I STILL trying to figure our the reception location...

#89 LL117

LL117
                  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi JanelleB! I actually leave with my fiancĀ© this coming Sunday for a site visit! I plan on taking plenty of pictures so if you want, PM me and I can send you any info and pictures I have when I get back :)

#90 JanelleB

JanelleB
                    • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yay! I am so excited to hear that! Thanks so much! I'm new to this site...what does PM mean? I am dying to know if there is anywhere that Gio and I can get married that is overlooking the ocean but not on the sand? Let me know if you see any locations. Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users