Photo

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

• Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#621 Rotha Penn

Rotha Penn
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ladies, I just got back from the resort and it is absolutely gorgeous. The food and the service were great and all of our guests said they want to go back again. If you have any questions that I can answer, please let me know!

Hi Missy! Happy to hear everything turned out so wonderful for you! With less than a month underway, I'm starting to freak out a bit. How was the hair and makeup? Did you feel they did a great job? Also, you mentioned that you ventured off the resort a few times...did you have to book a taxi/car service in advance or did you guys rent a car? We are thinking about doing some photos outside the resort and just trying to figure this out. Would love to see pics from the resort if you have any to share. Thanks!

#622 Madso

Madso
    • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hey-

Has anyone had their reception at Gabi Restaurant? 

Also has anyone married at the Gazebo, how small is it?

--Happy Planning Ladies 

#623 MissyBee

MissyBee
      • 176 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rotha Penn 

Hi Missy!

Happy to hear everything turned out so wonderful for you! With less than a month underway, I'm starting to freak out a bit.

How was the hair and makeup? Did you feel they did a great job?

Also, you mentioned that you ventured off the resort a few times...did you have to book a taxi/car service in advance or did you guys rent a car? We are thinking about doing some photos outside the resort and just trying to figure this out.

Would love to see pics from the resort if you have any to share.

Thanks!

I thought my hair person did a nice job. I had clip-in extensions and she worked well with them. Of the three stylists doing my bridal party and I she was definitely the best. I am sorry, I do not remember her name, but it started with “Eu” if that helps at all. She also spoke English well. Some of the other girls did not like their hair as much, and I think that was partially due to a communication issue.

As for the make-up, it was ok. Again, there were some communication issues with some of the stylists. They also used OUR makeup which I thought was weird. I was expecting them to provide makeup, like they would at a makeup counter or salon in the US. One of the girls in the bridal party did not have foundation, and no one had her coloring, so she was kind of out of luck. I would say that if you have a member of your bridal party who is good with makeup, they could do just as good of a job as the salon did, and you could save $50 per person.

The cabs pull right up in front of the lobby of the hotel and you just hop right in- it’s very easy. You may just want to have the hotel confirm the price with the driver before you leave, so that both parties are clear.

#624 darleneg2b

darleneg2b
        • 28 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by MissyBee 

I thought my hair person did a nice job. I had clip-in extensions and she worked well with them. Of the three stylists doing my bridal party and I she was definitely the best. I am sorry, I do not remember her name, but it started with “Eu” if that helps at all. She also spoke English well. Some of the other girls did not like their hair as much, and I think that was partially due to a communication issue.

As for the make-up, it was ok. Again, there were some communication issues with some of the stylists. They also used OUR makeup which I thought was weird. I was expecting them to provide makeup, like they would at a makeup counter or salon in the US. One of the girls in the bridal party did not have foundation, and no one had her coloring, so she was kind of out of luck. I would say that if you have a member of your bridal party who is good with makeup, they could do just as good of a job as the salon did, and you could save $50 per person.

The cabs pull right up in front of the lobby of the hotel and you just hop right in- it’s very easy. You may just want to have the hotel confirm the price with the driver before you leave, so that both parties are clear.

So you had to bring/provide your own makeup? All makeup like foundation, eye shadow, mascara, etc? What's up with that?!?!?

#625 MissyBee

MissyBee
          • 176 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yes!

#626 Katie83

Katie83
            • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Has anyone used Katya Nova for their photographer?? If so please give me a review:)

Has anyone used Rick Yorks assistant, Pasto York?? If so please give me  a review;)

#627 Katie83

Katie83
              • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Has anyone used Katya Nova for their photographer?? If so please give me a review:)

Has anyone used Rick Yorks assistant, Pastor MARK ?? If so please give me  a review;)

#628 MissyBee

MissyBee
                • 176 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

There are many reviews for Katya Nova on the Jellyfish board, if you look there. I have heard many good things about her.

#629 Rotha Penn

Rotha Penn
                  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Has anyone used Katya Nova for their photographer?? If so please give me a review:) Has anyone used Rick Yorks assistant, Pastor MARK ?? If so please give me  a review;)

Katya is great, we almost went with her but ended up using the photographer that shot her wedding. It was just a matter of style vs quality. If our photographer wasn't available, we would have definitely gone with her. Check out her blog for her style.

#630 Katie83

Katie83
                    • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I know I love the photographers photos who shot her wedding and adore the style! How much is the packages of the photographers who shot her and robs? Are they also located in the dr?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users