2013 Paradisus Palma Real

• Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#191 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by SexyCebuana 

I'm planning to do my wedding at the PPC and just read the contract last night...this is what it said about outside vendors...not sure if its the same for all paradisus resorts:   Outside Vendor Services Paradisus Resorts has on-site support for all your needs and will provide our couples with a variety of in-house services to choose from {photography/ videography, florists, d©cor, audio visual companies, entertainers, etc.}. A price list is available for your reference and you may contact their representatives directly. Paradisus Punta Cana will invoice you directly for those rental items. If you wish to bring your own vendor there is fee of a thousand dollars {USD$1.000} per every outside vendor plus a day pass fee per crew member. This fee is waived for foreign/U.S. photographers/videographers when staying at the hotel as a part of the Wedding Group for three or more nights. A list of all external and rented audio visual equipment should be registered with the Resort security department. The non-compliance of this procedure will indemnify the Resort of any loss or theft of such equipment.   So I'm assuming the fee is waived when you bring your own photographer from the USA/canada etc and not another photographer from punta cana (hdc, photosouvenir). If this is the case I might just bring my friend down with us because she is a photographer and she's already done our engagement photos.   EV is your photographer from the USA or Punta Cana?

He's from Canada! Wahoooo lol

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#192 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

I don't have a contract like that though. I have the check.

#193 maggiestolzberg

maggiestolzberg
      • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

The best thing I think to do is bring in your photographer; friend & professional. Put them up in the hotel for 3 nights (thursday, friday & saturday). That is the best way to do it really. Remember, due to flight delays it is great to have them there 24+ hours ahead of schedule. That way they are there for the rehearsal dinner festivities and the wedding day!

#194 SexyCebuana

SexyCebuana
        • 58 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 19, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

let me know what you find out! i hope it works out for you at the PPR! gotta save the money where you can :) 

#195 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yup. You are correct. She sent me the part of the contract where it says if the photographer is from the U.S. or Canada and stays in a room the fee is waived. She also confirmed that the $1,000 fee also applies to a videographer- so we will likely just use Arrecife for our video. Not sure. I haven't seen any samples of their work. Just their pictures.

#196 SexyCebuana

SexyCebuana
          • 58 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 19, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

yay!! saving 1000 bucks is a big deal :) 

#197 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
          • 593 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by SexyCebuana 

yay!! saving 1000 bucks is a big deal :) 

Well it's not $1,000- we still have to pay for the room : ( so we are saving $400- but thats good enough for me. That can pay for the fire dancers hahahaha

#198 angelnjewels

angelnjewels
            • 220 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hello Brides!!!! Hope you are all doing well and your planning is going well. I wanted to know if anyone has done the love at first site package? I am looking to do this but wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience especially if they actually credit you for your wedding. Thanks ladies.. Good luck to all!

Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...

#199 micheleann

micheleann
              • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

We did the Love at First Site visit.  Definitely worth it.  You're essentially just paying for airfare, you get to check out the place, and meet with the Romance Planning staff/decorators/dj etc.  They take the credit off of the base package.  

#200 angelnjewels

angelnjewels
                • 220 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Thank you Micheleann! Now we are going through a little problem. We want to visit in January which is considered high season. We will be staying at Palma real (paying $175 per night for 3 nights) but the fourth night is costing us $310 per person for the night. which makes it 620 not credited to our wedding. What to do??? We are thinking of staying 3 more nights at the hard rock and asking to meet with their wedding coordinators but am not sure. I don't know what to do right now because 620 sounds way too expensive for a night... does anyone know of other hotels in the area???

Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users