Photo

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

• Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#91 JanelleB

JanelleB
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

I found the Pm thing! I'll PM you next week for pics, when do you get back?

#92 LL117

LL117
    • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

We are back on Friday the 14th! I'm really excited for the site tour and I'll be sure look for a site that overlooks the ocean for you - do you want the ceremony to overlook the ocean or the reception? Or both?

#93 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
      • 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

LL117 please PM your pics to me as well. Is anyone having issues with friends/family complaining about packages? Why prices did you get? My travel agent gave me prices that I think are reasonable (but I travel a lot) but some people I didn't expect to complain are doing just that. And it's the same people who told me a destination wedding would be a better option than a stateside wedding so I'm a little perturbed.
        Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#94 micheleann

micheleann
        • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

We got pretty decent prices through my travel agent but he told me that as time goes on, PPR does deep discounts...I actually wound up have about 5 couples go through Expedia because it was cheaper at the time that they booked...

I went down in March for a site visit...PM me and let me know if there are any specific pics you are looking for and I'll sent them your way.  We didn't take a ton but have quite a few good ones.

#95 JanelleB

JanelleB
          • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

LL117, I booked the Olympus pool for the reception- i heard that you can see the beach from there. :) Right now, i have the gazebo booked for the ceremony and am considering changing the ceremony site to the beach just so we can have the oceanview. I didn't originally book the beach ceremony because i wanted to be able to wear heels and i still wanted a formal event...buuut i may just have my guys in tuxs on the beach.  :)

#96 JanelleB

JanelleB
            • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hi past brides! Can anyone tell me what information i should tell my guests with their invitation?

#97 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
              • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hey EV! Sorry for the late reply. I just moved from Maryland to California. We also got a cryptic email about restructuring at Paradisus. So now, Bianca is our planner. We'll see what happens with that. I am staying optimistic. 

In terms of the 2013 Fall in Love room rates. They have been released. We ended up going with a TA because Paradisus in Miami ended the 2012-2013 promotion early without telling us. We were waiting for a contract from Lauren who went M.I.A. and when we finally reached her she transferred us to someone else who told us that they ended the Fall in Love 2012-2013 room package early. I think Lauren was avoiding me so she did not have to send us a room contract. We were extremely upset because we had very positive conversations with Cecilia who assured us that everything was on track. We have a great agent now who honored the rates that Paradisus offered us. At this point I want to deal with the folks in Miami as little as possible. There is an issue of trust and them honoring what they tell us. With that said--I am still staying optimistic that Bianca will work well with us.

#98 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
                • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Great website!!!! Check ours out at www.derricklovesanita.com

On another note...I am a bit relieved to hear that we were not the only ones that had issues with the room contract. Everything worked out for us, but I was bugging out for a few days--rethinking PPR altogether.

#99 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
                  • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by DP1andDP2 

Great website!!!! Check ours out at www.derrickandanita.com

On another note...I am a bit relieved to hear that we were not the only ones that had issues with the room contract. Everything worked out for us, but I was bugging out for a few days--rethinking PPR altogether.

How does one edit a post?

Our website is www.derrickandanita.com

#100 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
                    • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Kelly,

I've reserved my wedding for February 2013. What do the prices for the additional items look like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users