2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Hi ladies, I'm about to turn in my Romance Contract and put a deposit down for a date for May of 2014. There was one thing that was concerning me though, and I haven't heard back from the Romance sales person about it. It's on the 2nd page, 2nd Paragraph:

"For weddings booked and/or paid to directly with the Resort: Initial deposit not exceeding USD$10,000.00 are accepted with credit card. Subsequent deposits are accepted only with wire transfers or certified check. Additional payments made with credit card after the initial deposit will be subject to a surcharge of 5% administration fee. This will be absorbed by the client. Please note that in some cases your local bank my charge an additional fee in accordance to the Exchange rate. We encourage you to check this in advance as the hotel will not be responsible for any charges."

For those who have already turned in their contract... does the above mean that when you pay for the balance of the wedding package with the same credit card that you put the deposit on, that balance will be subject to a 5% admin charge? I want to make sure this is NOT the case. My interpretation of above is that anything I plan directly with the resort APART from what's included in the wedding package (i.e. Aqua, Fantasy, etc.) is subject to that 5% admin fee. Now when my balance for the original wedding package is due, Ask Me will NOT charge me 5% for that package. Is this correct?

Please can someone clarify!!

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you will be spending your honeymoon at the PPR? Or has anyone stayed here before?

I am considering this hotel for our honeymoon, but would like some feedback from someone who has stayed here for their honeymoon.

If anyone of you have stayed here or had your honeymoon here, can you share your thoughts on the hotel, the service, activities, and rooms?

Thanks so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

I haven't spend a lot of time posting on the message board, but I just had my wedding on September 27 and I thought I'd share my experience. We arrived on Wed and met Mariela who was our assigned wedding coordinator.  We reviewed all of our details and I must say, they were on top of things. If you have a good MOH, bring her to this meeting.  My sister was present to take notes and manage all of the final details, which I must say was priceless. Couple of notes:

We held a welcome cocktail event on Thursday for our guests in the Plaza Colonial. I had 52 guests and requested large group dinner reservations at three restaurants to accommodate everyone. My sister created a sign-up sheet that we passed around at the cocktail party so that guests could choose where to dine.

We did go ahead and get the Bridal Suite which turned out to be pretty nice since it allowed the groom to use our hotel room to get dressed and my girlfriends and I had our own little party in the Bridal Suite.  I had a couple of guests that cancelled at the last minute which helped defer some of the $300 cost.  I did not use the PPR team for hair and makeup, but only because I knew my girlfriends could get the job done and that was one less expense. :-)

Although our wedding was held in the Garden Gazebo area, we elected to have the ceremony on the lawn across from the gazebo since the gazebo itself is so small and guests have to sit far away. We provided our own wording for the entire ceremony (use the web for ideas- and it's a great assignment for the groom), and provided a transcript to Mariela about a week before the wedding. (We used my ipod on their sound system for the ceremony music.) Make a note to bring your own runner for the ceremony (I forgot).  The only options are at PPR are a burlap runner (which is perfect for the beach or more rustic themes) or a white feathery thing that looks like a boa and is a nightmare to walk on. Overall it was very hot, but the wedding was beautiful.

My cocktail reception was at the Plaza Colonial. We used our own docking station and ipod for music since it was only an hour.

My reception was in the Apollo Ballroom.  I was thankful my guests had some relief from the heat.  The decor was beautiful (I used amber lighting and draping) and the DJ was great.  I provided a complete list of music for dinner and the party and he improvised perfectly.  I asked a really good friend to emcee the evening and she did and outstanding job and made it much more personal than the DJ could have done. Also I added an hour to my reception so that things would not feel rushed.

Since my wedding was on Friday, we had all day Saturday to relax at the pool and enjoy visiting with our guests.

On Sunday we had breakfast at Naos with all of our guests, which was the perfect way to say goodbye before we departed.

Sidebar: About 3 weeks before the wedding, I sent all of our guests a mailing that included tourism information about punta cana, a weekend intinerary, info about the PPR restaurants (including dress code and access).

I'll try to post some pictures.

Adey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrecife DR View Post

Dear ladies, the Jellyfish is a beautiful place, and due to its neutral-colored architecture, any color or deco style you choose will match beautifully!

Melissa's wedding for example, had a fuchsia, white and blue combination that resulted in a gorgeous atmosphere.

See images below:

I love this photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madso View Post

Hello Ladies,

So I'm getting married offsite but want to stay at the paradisus. Did anyone else do this and did anyone else have a problem with the romance department? They are giving me hard time given that my wedding is offsite.

I didn't have my reception offsite but my ceremony was at the local Catholic church off-site and my husband and I both agreed that they made it a tad bit difficult and even made some comments like "this is why we don't recommend people getting married off-site, it would have been perfect if you got married here but you chose the church so it will be difficult". While I'm certain they didn't mean it the way it came off- it was a little unsettling. When our coordinator told us that we both looked at each other. 

My experience is that they are awesome about planning weddings on-site, but they struggle with helping brides off-site. they seem to try and do everything to discourage it, so I kept my communication to a minimum regarding my ceremony and focused on my on-site reception. 

Good Luck! I hope it works out for you. I hear Jellyfish weddings are awesome! My photographer said its his new favorite place to photograph and he likes the way they execute weddings. If I could do it all again I would choose Jellyfish for my reception since it is more private and the coordinator there seems to have her act together. When I called to book- she was on vacation so I moved ahead with Paradisus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysAp View Post

Here are few pics:

Beautiful. Your set up worked out nicely. I agree the Garden Gazeebo is terribly small. It looks bigger at Paradisus Punta Cana- you would think with all their weddings they would have a bigger gazebo lol. We had our cocktail hour at the Plaza too. I think its the best spot for cocktail hour. It is already set up for a nice, chill ambiance, photographs beautifully, and is a nice reprieve from the heat too since nice breezes flow through.