2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Originally Posted by Nena Martinez View Post

Hey chicas!!! Can anyone please send me the Arrecife prices? I seem to have misplaced that doc and prob deleted that e-mail undecided.gif.

Thank you :)

I don't have the exact prices but the longest video- that is 45 minutes- is $900. If you pay in cash, you don't have to pay tax. The 35-40 minute video is $700 or $800 I believe and the shorter video is the cheapest. My husband didn't want the video and I went ahead and booked it anyway because the woman knows best. We can't stop watching it. Its great to see the moments you might have missed.

Duuuuuuuuude thats F***ed up. LOL I have worked every day double shifts at my second job since I got back from my wedding and I leave the post and there are all these things I want to respond to! But let me start with you. That's messed up that your family would do that to you. We had people complain about the cost and then post lots of pics of them on other vacations and buying expensive things. The thing is they have the money- they just dont want to spend it for your wedding because they are selfish- no offense but my sister did the same exact thing to me. She complained she didnt have the money but went on a vacation with her bf, remodeled her kitchen, and came to NY to visit my mother. Yea sounds poverty stricken to me. My sisters were a nightmare the day of my wedding. I ignored them almost entirely. They talked so much shit to my other family members about how I am the favorite and SOMEONE, one of our guests, spread a rumor that my husband was gay and carrying on a relationship with his best man- all because they hit the gym at the resort every day and I made a joke about how I married both of them. People really are too much. Family included. So forget them, stop crying and have your big day. The workers cannot steal from the safe if the safe is properly locked. Your uncle probably did not lock it, so thats his fault. And why on earth would he bring that much money? My husband and I left $300 in cash on the nightstand and when we got back to the room there was a note on top of the money saying "please guard your valuable and use the safe". They didn't touch it. And multiple times we left our phones charging in the room and they were there when we got back.  None of our guests complained, in fact we tipped out the reservationists at the front desk, housekeeping, and the bartenders because we loved them so much. The staff is really accommodating and sweet and they do everything in their power to make sure you are enjoying yourself.  I think either your uncle is not being completely honest or he lost the money on his own. I'm sorry they are doing this to you but honestly if they are- they don't need to go to your wedding because they will only cause you drama the day of. My instincts told me to keep my sisters out of my bridal party and against my better knowledge I put them in and they almost sabotaged my wedding.  This is YOUR DAY. You do what YOU WANT. Be selfish as selfish can be. It sounds wrong but it goes by so fast and you work so hard for it. Enjoy it. I left my rehearsal dinner in tears over stupid crap my family was doing and the next morning they all showed me pictures of them partying. So while my husband comforted me in our room and I cried myself to sleep- they all went out drinking and to one of the shows. Don't let your family do that to you. Spanish fams I swear lol they are so dramatic.
Christ you just scared the bejesus out of me. Lol I'm sorry you went thru all that. I pray it won't be that way for me as we'll. our families are huge and u can't please everyone. My wedding is October 31, 2014 . We just picked the date and are already getting comments about the appropriateness of a Halloween wedding. I love Halloween always have, it wasn't intended to be that day but that's how it ended up and now I'm psyched. Flights to Punta Cana in late October are going to be steep from Mia so I can hear it now. I'm being defiant as hell, I don't care. I've schlepped all over for people , their parties and allllllll their kids parties. It's my turn! Lol. Or stay home. I'm not offering a torture chamber I'm offering U the vacation of a lifetime.

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

Christ you just scared the bejesus out of me. Lol

I'm sorry you went thru all that. I pray it won't be that way for me as we'll. our families are huge and u can't please everyone. My wedding is October 31, 2014 . We just picked the date and are already getting comments about the appropriateness of a Halloween wedding. I love Halloween always have, it wasn't intended to be that day but that's how it ended up and now I'm psyched.

Flights to Punta Cana in late October are going to be steep from Mia so I can hear it now.

I'm being defiant as hell, I don't care. I've schlepped all over for people , their parties and allllllll their kids parties. It's my turn! Lol. Or stay home. I'm not offering a torture chamber I'm offering U the vacation of a lifetime.

OMG haha you're hysterical. I didn't mean to scare you. I just have a dramatic family. Not everyone has the same, although from what I hear- every wedding has the antagonist who is either jealous, wants the groom, complains about everything or whatever. It was subtle but that was my sisters. My friend is having the same exact issue with her sister. But having the right attitude is key. My sisters were jealous I took so many pics with my MOH and Matron and I told them point blank "I am not here to babysit you, want to take a picture, tap the photographer and stand next to me. It's simple." They were jealous of my MOH and Matron but if you watch my video- which I'm about to post- you will barely see them anywhere in the video and only one sister walks out during the intros. Why? Because they both left my reception for 30 minutes. So sorry you aren't in the photos or video- no one told you to leave.

And you're right- that was my attitude during the process. I have done so much for others for one darn day they could have reciprocated and if not... oh well. My husband and I had a blast and thats what matters. Your wedding will be so much fun! It won't be terribly hot around that time and you'll probably be the only wedding going on at the hotel. What will your color scheme be? 

OMG haha you're hysterical. I didn't mean to scare you. I just have a dramatic family. Not everyone has the same, although from what I hear- every wedding has the antagonist who is either jealous, wants the groom, complains about everything or whatever. It was subtle but that was my sisters. My friend is having the same exact issue with her sister. But having the right attitude is key. My sisters were jealous I took so many pics with my MOH and Matron and I told them point blank "I am not here to babysit you, want to take a picture, tap the photographer and stand next to me. It's simple." They were jealous of my MOH and Matron but if you watch my video- which I'm about to post- you will barely see them anywhere in the video and only one sister walks out during the intros. Why? Because they both left my reception for 30 minutes. So sorry you aren't in the photos or video- no one told you to leave. And you're right- that was my attitude during the process. I have done so much for others for one darn day they could have reciprocated and if not... oh well. My husband and I had a blast and thats what matters. Your wedding will be so much fun! It won't be terribly hot around that time and you'll probably be the only wedding going on at the hotel. What will your color scheme be? 
I'm thinking Drag! Piss my family off. Ill wear a black tux and he can wear the damn dress. Hahahaha! I'm kidding.( kinda) just dreading the whole trying on dresses thing. We haven't decided on much. Well , at least not concrete. I'm leaning towards Dreams Palm beach or the Melia for our resort but i def know I want to do the reception at the Jellyfish restaurant. It just seems so damn cool! I'm not set on colors but do love the following.400

Our video is in! We had it the other day but we asked for a few shots to be added in. They accidentally left out my mom walking in to the reception and there was a point we all took mamajuana shots and they left it out because it got a little messy but we asked them to add it in so they had to redo the entire video. FYI- my husband is Dominican- born and raised until 6 there and I'm Puerto Rican, so the mamajuana thing...yea... that's just us being ratchet and stereotypical. But it was a funny moment.

We don't have a trailer because you have to pay $200 for one. We didn't think it was worth it so we only have the 45 minute video which ended up being 60 minutes so that was a bonus. Feel free to skip through because clearly- no one wants to hear an entire church sermon haha. But for the ladies using the church- you can see what the ceremony looks like.

The videographer did not take video of us getting ready. There was a mix up because our photographer had us do those shots so early and the videographer only comes an hour and a half before the ceremony. If you get married onsite- thats not a problem but for us, we had to transport to the church, so he could not film us getting dressed because transportation took up some of our time with him. I was a little bummed about that so I asked for a discount and they gave me $100 off. 

I was on the fence about the video but after watching it a few times, I realize he did a great job. We put it on a jump drive and transferred it to our PS3 to watch it and it looks amazing in HD on our TV. We plan on having a viewing party and we are showing the video at our AHR next week. They give you the option of having the wedding on a disk- which they give you before you leave, or sending it to you via link- which takes longer, comes through email, but is in HD. I say that's the better option. You can email the link to anyone and you can burn it yourself or download it. We stored ours on our laptop, an external hard drive, a jump drive and the PS3 to be safe! 

So without further ado... here's Evelyn and Elvin's wedding in Paradise. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/70292354

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Duuuuuuuuude thats F***ed up. LOL I have worked every day double shifts at my second job since I got back from my wedding and I leave the post and there are all these things I want to respond to! But let me start with you.

That's messed up that your family would do that to you. We had people complain about the cost and then post lots of pics of them on other vacations and buying expensive things. The thing is they have the money- they just dont want to spend it for your wedding because they are selfish- no offense but my sister did the same exact thing to me. She complained she didnt have the money but went on a vacation with her bf, remodeled her kitchen, and came to NY to visit my mother. Yea sounds poverty stricken to me. My sisters were a nightmare the day of my wedding. I ignored them almost entirely. They talked so much shit to my other family members about how I am the favorite and SOMEONE, one of our guests, spread a rumor that my husband was gay and carrying on a relationship with his best man- all because they hit the gym at the resort every day and I made a joke about how I married both of them. People really are too much. Family included. So forget them, stop crying and have your big day.

The workers cannot steal from the safe if the safe is properly locked. Your uncle probably did not lock it, so thats his fault. And why on earth would he bring that much money? My husband and I left $300 in cash on the nightstand and when we got back to the room there was a note on top of the money saying "please guard your valuable and use the safe". They didn't touch it. And multiple times we left our phones charging in the room and they were there when we got back. 

None of our guests complained, in fact we tipped out the reservationists at the front desk, housekeeping, and the bartenders because we loved them so much. The staff is really accommodating and sweet and they do everything in their power to make sure you are enjoying yourself. 

I think either your uncle is not being completely honest or he lost the money on his own. I'm sorry they are doing this to you but honestly if they are- they don't need to go to your wedding because they will only cause you drama the day of. My instincts told me to keep my sisters out of my bridal party and against my better knowledge I put them in and they almost sabotaged my wedding. 

This is YOUR DAY. You do what YOU WANT. Be selfish as selfish can be. It sounds wrong but it goes by so fast and you work so hard for it. Enjoy it. I left my rehearsal dinner in tears over stupid crap my family was doing and the next morning they all showed me pictures of them partying. So while my husband comforted me in our room and I cried myself to sleep- they all went out drinking and to one of the shows. Don't let your family do that to you.

Spanish fams I swear lol they are so dramatic.

EV,

Thank you... yes super dramatic family...i think that every time i hit a bump in the road (their attitude towards my wedding and negative comments) it makes me want to disconnect myself from them.  So that is what i am going to do. You are absolutly right it is my day... Plus i have a few people that want to take over and that is not happening. Even my shower got to be a problem and its suppose to be a SURPRISE...WHAT THE HELL??? my wedding is 8 months a way...i still have not bought a wedding dress.. cant seem to get my self into working out or weight watchers i am just numb i think...what is that?

I dont know why i just cant move..but it really feels like i just dont want to do something because BOOM...there goes another comment....like my invites...(not done)...

overall, i just have to keep moving and forget them. everyone had their day and i was there, i supported them throughout difficutl and happy times but i am not getting unconditional support yet and i dont think that it will happen. 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Our video is in! We had it the other day but we asked for a few shots to be added in. They accidentally left out my mom walking in to the reception and there was a point we all took mamajuana shots and they left it out because it got a little messy but we asked them to add it in so they had to redo the entire video. FYI- my husband is Dominican- born and raised until 6 there and I'm Puerto Rican, so the mamajuana thing...yea... that's just us being ratchet and stereotypical. But it was a funny moment.

We don't have a trailer because you have to pay $200 for one. We didn't think it was worth it so we only have the 45 minute video which ended up being 60 minutes so that was a bonus. Feel free to skip through because clearly- no one wants to hear an entire church sermon haha. But for the ladies using the church- you can see what the ceremony looks like.

The videographer did not take video of us getting ready. There was a mix up because our photographer had us do those shots so early and the videographer only comes an hour and a half before the ceremony. If you get married onsite- thats not a problem but for us, we had to transport to the church, so he could not film us getting dressed because transportation took up some of our time with him. I was a little bummed about that so I asked for a discount and they gave me $100 off. 

I was on the fence about the video but after watching it a few times, I realize he did a great job. We put it on a jump drive and transferred it to our PS3 to watch it and it looks amazing in HD on our TV. We plan on having a viewing party and we are showing the video at our AHR next week. They give you the option of having the wedding on a disk- which they give you before you leave, or sending it to you via link- which takes longer, comes through email, but is in HD. I say that's the better option. You can email the link to anyone and you can burn it yourself or download it. We stored ours on our laptop, an external hard drive, a jump drive and the PS3 to be safe! 

So without further ado... here's Evelyn and Elvin's wedding in Paradise. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/70292354

Wow... Your video was so beautiful...your wedding was beautiful...actually i like how it looks on the beach.

You were a beautiful bride and when you walked down the aisle i was crying with you... I am also using that wedding song how funny!!! Well my fiance and i are doing a slow song and them remixing to Promise...very nice.

Wow you guys looked like you had a blast and i am sure you enjoyed it. I think i am going to take your advise and do the long video and wait for the link...

AWWWW!

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Wow... Your video was so beautiful...your wedding was beautiful...actually i like how it looks on the beach.

You were a beautiful bride and when you walked down the aisle i was crying with you... I am also using that wedding song how funny!!! Well my fiance and i are doing a slow song and them remixing to Promise...very nice.

Wow you guys looked like you had a blast and i am sure you enjoyed it. I think i am going to take your advise and do the long video and wait for the link...

AWWWW!

cheesy.gif Thank you! I told him I wanted to use Promise at the beginning but he did not really seem into it. The thing is- we never slow dance, that's not us, so I figured it would be out of place at our wedding. We never had time to sit and choreograph something for a dance and bachata was just the easiest thing to do without previous practice lol. I didn't tell him that was our first song. He was asking me before it played lol It has a little bit of a slow beginning so we just swayed until the bachata kicked in haha.

Thank you for your compliments. I was such an emotional sap that day. No clue what happened. Right before I walked into the church I was already crying. The wedding coordinator asked me "what's wrong with you, don't cry are you ok?" LOL My godfather walked me down the aisle and he used his handkerchief to wipe my eyes. I couldn't breathe!!!! That dress was tight and it was hot HA

Yup do the link- its better quality. The videographer will ask you the day of which you prefer- CD or link. The link takes longer but it looks better. I think the CD is in SD and the link is in HD.

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Really it was very beautiful! I am getting excited again.

what center pieces did you use... I am trying to decide on bouquets and centerpieces. I want my colors to be aqua and coral .

I hope it works out! I also wanted hot pink and aqua but not sure how that will look!

I like Aqua and Coral I think it will look better because its a little softer than the hot pink, however, I have seen the hot pink and Aqua and it looks nice. I just feel like you'll have an easier time with the coral because its easier to find destination wedding decor in that color and its more "male" friendly lol. 

We paid Lara @ Caribbean Celebrations $600 for the centerpieces, the single roses my bridesmaids held, and the two mother corsages. I gave her my budget and asked her what she could do for that price. she sent me back a picture, I asked for a size upgrade and she gave me the price. I had white hydrangeas in clear square vases with a blue ribbon around the vase atop a mirror and candles on the sides- that do not stay lit on the beach hahaha. She should have used the electric ones at least. My mother had these little blue lights but we forgot about them : ( they would have been great in lieu of the candles. 

As you can see- our decor was extremely simple. I wish we had the money to have something more elaborate. We bought all these cute things from Michaels that are still in my house. I should probably sell them now because we didn't take them. It was just too much. We took the bare essentials. We spent more on the decor for our AHR which I'm kind of regretting now. But we have 100 people going to that and only 37 went to DR. I;m pretty sure none of the 37 people (except my picky mother) even cared about the decor. And I was too busy dancing to care, but seeing the video I wish we had more personal touches added. Everything we forgot we are using for the AHR. 

We printed out on paper all the things we love about each other and had it framed. So in big letters it says HE and over it it has all the things I love about him and he made one for me that says SHE. I forget where I stole the idea from- the knot or pinterest but we left them here in NY :( We also left our table numbers, our guestbook, and the pew clips for the church which is why we couldnt hang up the fake flowers we had. OY! I'm a disorganized hot mess but even still- it came out nicely lol cry.gif If I had a wedding planer like Theresa I probably would not have forgotten but I couldn't afford her fee haha