Jump to content
erica12

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Recommended Posts

Thanks so much for the info!  That is kinda what we were planning on doing.... possibly a reading, the sand ceremony and I am kinda diy projected out.....lol  I have no desire to do a program!

 

Congrats again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies I am going through another dilemma... keeps getting crazy. so my fiancé and I chose the Apollo room for our reception so now we are told there is an extra fee to privatize the room. Were you told this? I confused which are the venues that there is no extra charge for... I Am furious right now... if that's the case I might as well do it at Gabi Beach!!! UNREAL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies,

 

 

I hope this is not inappropriate but what is your budget. My fiance and I never established a budget because he did not want to at the time. Now that i am seeing how crazy it is getting i need to put a stop to all of this and start to cut some things from my list.

 

What was your budget?

 

 

Did you go over your budget with a destination wedding?

 

 

What are the must have's?

 

 

I feel like i am going insane right now.

 

I hate this feeling.

 

feedback.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

 

Hi ladies

 

I am going through another dilemma... keeps getting crazy. so my fiancé and I chose the Apollo room for our reception so now we are told there is an extra fee to privatize the room. Were you told this? I confused which are the venues that there is no extra charge for... I Am furious right now... if that's the case I might as well do it at Gabi Beach!!! UNREAL!

OMG what a nightmare. I am sorry for your unexpected expense. I will def keep this in mind when picking my reception area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Any area that is totally private, like a private room or private restaurant is an extra expense.

 

 We are having our cocktail Hour and Reception at the Olympus Terrace.  It is a beautiful spot, kinda off to the side between the main pool and the beach area.  We are having both there because if we had the cocktail hour somewhere else you have to hire the Dominican Trio or something like that in order to have music.  We hired the DJ an extra hour which was a little less exspensive  then  the Dominican Trio, although that would have been fun.  I was a little torn.... but I am just rolling with it!  We only have a total on 21 people coming including us so privatizing just wasn't worth it!

 

Hope that helps.

 

kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

angel n jewels,

 

we had a budget somewhat...we just took the package (chill out chic) and then looked at the extras pricing sheet and checked off our must haves (at first it was overwhelming, but we kept it simple.  intially we wanted a lot more extras but decided on our must haves)

 

DJ, chinese lanterns for special lighting, centerpieces, and boutennieres which I still can't spell....lol

 

We kept it pretty simple.  They worked with us and our budget for centerpieces and other flowers! 

 

We booked our rooms and flights seperately when we found better deals!  We are flying first class, which was important to us.  We are bringing down OOT bags and some other diy things, so to avoid shippping fees or extra luggage fees that was our choice.  I used miles for one upgrade and we paid for the others...  It is all about  you guys and what is important! 

 

Try and stay calm, enjoy the process, and let them do the work!  I didn't want to have a wedding here and go thru the stress I watched friends go thru but  I had my stressing out moments and it really isn't worth it!  I have total confidence that we are going to have an amazing wedding.  Bianca and Lara have been wonderful!   We chose this resort because we stayed there for a week and both absolutely loved it!  We felt confident that our families would have a great and memorable trip and I am leaving in three weeks from today!  Super excited!!

 

kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

  Does anyone know if this hotel grants access to the Melia (which is right next door- they are sister hotels)?

The reason I am asking is the I am getting married next year and will be staying here for my Honeymoon, but my family and friends will be staying next door to the Melia. I would like to go over and see my kids and family, but not sure if I would be able to.

Can anyone share/offer some insight! feedback.gif
 

~Thank you~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kel123073 View Post

 

Hi

 

Any area that is totally private, like a private room or private restaurant is an extra expense.

 

 We are having our cocktail Hour and Reception at the Olympus Terrace.  It is a beautiful spot, kinda off to the side between the main pool and the beach area.  We are having both there because if we had the cocktail hour somewhere else you have to hire the Dominican Trio or something like that in order to have music.  We hired the DJ an extra hour which was a little less exspensive  then  the Dominican Trio, although that would have been fun.  I was a little torn.... but I am just rolling with it!  We only have a total on 21 people coming including us so privatizing just wasn't worth it!

 

Hope that helps.

 

kelly

 

Hey Kelly,

 

Yes i was totally blown away when she told me about the extra fee. so far we have 50 people who stated that they were going and we have not heard from 50 more. We considered olympus terrace but then my fiance wanted a space with AC. It is crazy. My fiance decided to call this morning he was furious when he got home last night. 

 

We decided to have the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour at plaza colonial. Now we have to figure out the reception space issue.

 

My fiance is really upset about it but whatever. We also wanted to have a sit down dinner and they recently changed that option giving us only two options instead of 3.  Not happy at all because initially we were told that there would be three choices for our guests but that no longer exists.  

 

 

The next step is try to see if we can get gabi beach instead even though there is the fee if we choose tailor made we get a discount. Not sure yet but we are definitely  considering it now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kel123073 View Post

 

angel n jewels,

 

we had a budget somewhat...we just took the package (chill out chic) and then looked at the extras pricing sheet and checked off our must haves (at first it was overwhelming, but we kept it simple.  intially we wanted a lot more extras but decided on our must haves)

 

DJ, chinese lanterns for special lighting, centerpieces, and boutennieres which I still can't spell....lol

 

We kept it pretty simple.  They worked with us and our budget for centerpieces and other flowers! 

 

We booked our rooms and flights seperately when we found better deals!  We are flying first class, which was important to us.  We are bringing down OOT bags and some other diy things, so to avoid shippping fees or extra luggage fees that was our choice.  I used miles for one upgrade and we paid for the others...  It is all about  you guys and what is important! 

 

Try and stay calm, enjoy the process, and let them do the work!  I didn't want to have a wedding here and go thru the stress I watched friends go thru but  I had my stressing out moments and it really isn't worth it!  I have total confidence that we are going to have an amazing wedding.  Bianca and Lara have been wonderful!   We chose this resort because we stayed there for a week and both absolutely loved it!  We felt confident that our families would have a great and memorable trip and I am leaving in three weeks from today!  Super excited!!

 

kelly

 

 

Yes i think that if we would have chosen to have a summer wedding it would have been cheaper but its crazy. I really like the chill out chic and now that we may have to go with buffet it may work. There is so much to do.  

 

We already booked the DJ and the Dominican Trio so now we just have to pick a package....ha that's the crazy part because my fiance really wants the Wedding BBQ as the welcome dinner on the beach. He says its a must have.. 

 

We have not established a budget i just came up with my own. I told my fiance that our budget is going to be 35K-40K and not one cent more.  I think it is pretty high but with the amount of people we invited i think its going to be crazy. 

 

 

Thanks for your help Kel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a great budget so my only question is have you looked into the privatizing packages because I think a lot of that extra stuff like a welcome bbq was included!  You also have the option of hosting a group dinner for up to 20 for the purpose of a rehearsal dinner and that is included!  My advice would be to use all the extras your package offers!

Have fun planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×